Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WSJ - 13 minutes ago: WSJ News Exclusive | About 150 U.S. Cadillac Dealers to Exit Brand, Rather Than Sell Electric Cars.

Excerpt:

About 150 General Motors Co. dealers have decided to part ways with Cadillac, rather than invest in costly upgrades required to sell electric cars, according to people familiar with the plans, indicating some retailers are skeptical about making the pivot to battery-powered vehicles.

GM recently gave Cadillac dealers a choice: Accept a buyout offer to exit the brand or spend roughly $200,000 on dealership upgrades -- including charging stations and repair tools -- to get their stores ready to sell electric vehicles, these people said.

The buyout offers ranged from around $300,000 to more than $1 million, the people familiar with the effort added. About 17% of Cadillac's 880 U.S. dealerships agreed to take the offer to end their franchise agreements for the luxury brand, these people said.

GM may just be crazy like a fox. Imagine how, next, it will be the same requirement for keeping a Chevrolet sign at the dealership location? This may be part of a strategy to rid themselves of a significant portion of the ponderous dealer network by getting the dealers to choose to bail.

Brilliant! Then, they can move to an online sales model that is tied to their resulting dealer/service/charging network that starts to look a lot like Tesla's business plan. Only, GM already has the locations staked out, even if owned by third parties.

My expectation is that it'll struggle to get to $600 and probably get dragged down to kill options. There's so many $600 calls that market makers would probably prefer to make them expire worthless. My guess would be in a trading range of $585-$600 with no fundamental news for today.

It looks like I was good on guessing the price range for TSLA today, but wrong about the closing. I thought they would drag this down to $585 to avoid the massive lot of calls, but looks like someone or somebody wanted it to go the opposite way towards $600. Wasn't what I was expecting according to Friday trading histories for TSLA. I sold some of my TSLA swing shares cheap, but it's okay. I'm holding other swing shares that were lower. Just offloading higher priced shares to free up my margin. Sorry to those who were hoping to cash in big with $600 calls lottery tickets. Now to await what Papafox thinks about today's movement this coming Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: 2virgule5
$599.04
Get-Smart-Missed-It-By-That-Much.jpg