Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am one of 3 Tesla owners within a 5 minute walk of my house. 6 months ago that figure was 0. I spoke to one of the other owners and his main reason for buying was the benefit in kind tax break which started in April this year. He loves the car by the way.
Until recently the area I live in had no Teslas. 6 months or so ago a guy about 500 metres away bought an X and in the past couple of months 5 model 3s have appeared within the same distance, including one at the house directly opposite. I need 5 doors so will order a Y as soon as that is possible in the UK - we still have no timeline on when the Y can be ordered (let alone when deliveries will start). :(

Certainly does not seem to be a demand problem in the UK! :)

If Tesla keeps going like this my wife and I are going to book a cruise to Antarctica.

I think it would be fun if we could get a dozen people (or more) from TMC to go along.

I have met quite a few Tesla fans and they are more interesting than the general public.

It would be a great once in a lifetime adventure with great people and a reward for spending all these years watching the fud and holding Tesla.

Just thought I would plant the idea and see if anyone else thinks it's a serious interesting idea.

Only if the ship has a Starlink receiver and we can all get up-to-the-minute stock info. :D

The 100 700 strike Jan 2022 covered calls I sold at the end of July for just over $500k are now worth 1.5M. If we close at 1,000 in Jan 2022 those calls will have cost me $3M (selling shares at 700 instead of 1000). However, selling those calls allowed me to pull the trigger on retirement, so I don't regret selling them at all. I don't think many predicted today's SP back in July.
Congrats!

Quoted from pg 15 S&P 500 "Equity Indices Policies & Practices Methodology"
  • A share/IWF freeze period is implemented during each quarterly rebalancing
  • The freeze period begins after the market close on the Tuesday prior to the second Friday of each rebalancing month
  • Pro-forma files are normally released after the market close on the second Friday, one week prior to the rebalancing effective date
  • During the share/IWF freeze period, shares and IWFs are not changed except for mandatory corporate action events
Note: IWF = "Investable Weight Factor"

Btw, the freeze period starts after Close tomorrow (Tue b4 2nd Fri)

h/t @mongo

This is exactly what I'm talking about. IWF is not the type of weight you've been describing:

Investable Weight Factor (IWF). The percentage of shares outstanding that is readily available to investors for a given company. Investors who own shares with the intention of maintaining control are said to be investors of a “strategic” nature and are not included in the IWF calculation.

All it does is it establishes the float for each of the companies in the index. It does not fix the weight of these companies in the index.

Isn't there one in Henrietta? Henrietta | Tesla

There is a Service Center, not a Sales center in Henrietta. Can't receive delivery of a Tesla there...the closest place to me is Mt. Kisco.

I don't believe NY has any restrictions on Service Centers, just sales centers. I am hoping they open a Service Center near me sometime soon as even the Henrietta SC is about 1.5hrs away.

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3
Until recently the area I live in had no Teslas. 6 months or so ago a guy about 500 metres away bought an X and in the past couple of months 5 model 3s have appeared within the same distance, including one at the house directly opposite. I need 5 doors so will order a Y as soon as that is possible in the UK - we still have no timeline on when the Y can be ordered (let alone when deliveries will start). :(

Certainly does not seem to be a demand problem in the UK! :)

Where is that?

Thanks MXWing for sharing this doc!

In a potential case that there may be fewer shares available during the closing cross on 12/18 than are needed, the Nasdaq FAQ doc states that the imbalance shares count is reported in real time from 3:55-4PM.

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 9.49.30 AM.png

I could be wrong, but I am guessing that if there was a large buy-side imbalance at 4PM on 12/18, that might translate into speculation that more buying is yet to come.

I wondered if we might have access to this real-time net order imbalance indicator, and was pleased to find that retail investors can subscribe for $15/month through data.nasdaq.com.

I wasn’t able to watch it report live this morning, but here’s what it shows from today’s opening cross.

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 10.23.50 AM.png

Nasdaq also ranks the top 50 companies by imbalance and price variance, so perhaps in time we can see a bit of what’s normal vs. abnormal for our little company that could. (Today, after the opening cross, TSLA was 28th highest number of imbalance shares on the buy side)

I’m going to see if there’s anything I can learn, but thought I’d share the info for smarter minds here to pick apart.

Does anyone else find utility in knowing the imbalance at 4pm on 12/18? How might you use that info?

(Side Note: Site uses flash. Mac users on Catalina may need to access through Firefox, as Safari has disabled flash support.)

Decline in IV is incomprehensible to me
Can't go on forever. I'm looking at my $450 strike Jan15c valued at....$188, with SP sitting at $628? That's fairly insane pricing with 5 weeks to run on a stock up 55% in the last 4 weeks!

*sugar*......maybe I'm supposed to be buying calls rather than complaining? MUST RESIST

I have had two cruises to Iceland canceled already. Both from NYC to Iceland. I would love to do that cruise.
Would have more luck with a cruise to Iceland if you want a group from here to join :)

Yup I edited my post and switched it to Iceland

I'm ready to go as soon as the virus gets under control
I've cruised to Iceland and it's a beautiful country. Maybe 1 of the moderators will see these post and think it's a good idea and start A TMC cruise to Iceland

Reactions: Nocturnal
Can't go on forever. I'm looking at my $450 strike Jan15c valued at....$188, with SP sitting at $628? That's fairly insane pricing with 5 weeks to run on a stock up 55% in the last 4 weeks!

*sugar*......maybe I'm supposed to be buying calls rather than complaining? MUST RESIST
I'm in the same boat. I rolled one over to a higher strike a bit ago but I'm dying to buy more, despite the massive over exposure I'm currently sitting at.