Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife bought a Toyota Camry not too long ago. (I begged her to get a Tesla, but she's not comfortable with the electric thing yet. I've tried divorcing her for these reasons but it's harder than it sounds. Anyway, I digress)...

She wanted to sell some of our TSLA to buy the car. Turns out Toyota had 0% financing so we obviously didn't do that. TSLA was around $260 at that time. Had we done that, the car would have cost us almost a quarter million dollars. That's an expensive Camry.
My ex girlfriend also bought a camry instead of a Tesla. That's not why she is my ex though. I think.

I could buy a Tesla Y with gains if I sold all. Heard those “horror stories” from some here of doing that and the “Wouldda Couldda”. Need this to go 1.5K SP to get free nice home...... 2K SP would get both(My golden goose)

until then all I got is music and my health. (No complaints)

Any aspiring quotes or thoughts or inspirations or warnings I’m all ears.

I have a remembrance. I got my first shares back before the 2013 epic run from 30 to 180.

I still remember the many posts from people that locked in their gains at $60, looking to buy back in on the pull back. Some of them bought back in at $90 after watching the stock run and run. Some stayed out and missed the entire run. (numbers pre-split!)

That was a 6x run in about 6 months, and it's become the #1 thing I've worried about over the intervening years (missing out on the next one of these). As best I can tell we're still in one of those epic runs, with the new trading range still not found (I make the current run, post split #s, as roughly $80 to $640, or about 8x so far). The market is still out looking for the share price that will balance buyers and sellers.

Each time we've moved from one trading range to a new one (up to the 180-280 trading range, and then up to the 280-380 trading range), I thought that this was the one that would break out and do another 6x. I was wrong each time, but the company was getting stronger, so I just saw a more tightly wound spring.

The people picking up the garbage every day have a highly useful skill set to me. They don't need to take risks or be highly intelligent but our society would be a disaster without them.

My second job as a 14 year old was maintaining the property around a small strip mall; picking up garbage, shoveling snow and deicing sidewalks—nothing more humbling than doing menial labor while kids you know from high school watch you, point, laugh, until you get that monthly paycheck and you’re making over $11/hr way back in the day. To put that in perspective, a job I had at 20 in a factory only paid $6/hr. I got over the embarrassment real fast as a kid. Good life lesson.

Selling for retirement is unnecessary. Just get a line of credit with the shares as collateral: 1) you don’t sell your shares so you don’t pay taxes 2) your shares continue to appreciate while you take from the line of credit, very likely they will appreciate much more than the low interest (I pay 2.2% at E*Trade) you pay over the principal balance.
I Called TD Ameritrade and they only do loans of 150k or more as I wanted to get a Model 3 while waiting for the Cybertruck. He did mention how well my Tesla account has done..

GREEN!

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-12-08.13-41.png