Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Astonishingly, I starting to believe this is Doordash and Airbnb money flowing out of TSLA. These poor millennials are gonna get smoked when this thing pops. Were they just not quite old enough in 2008 to be impacted in the markets?

Ah well. Any chance calls become reasonable today? I doubt it. Maybe I'll buy the 7 or 8 more shares I can afford.

IV will probably remain high, so options would remain expensive is my guess.

Ha...speak for yourself.

I can quit anytime I want.

View attachment 616257
If you need any help quitting, you can get it from Austin's newest motivational speaker, who just moved to Austin from Fremont and is living in a van down by the river:
VanDownByTheRiver.JPG

Time to shake the sofa again today, see what I can come up with some more shares.

The question is pre-market purchase, or wait to see MMD? Thoughts? Suggestions?

EDIT - macro events:
1) weeks unemployment - worse than predicted
2) COVID - cases continue to rise
3) FDA meets this afternoon to consider EUA for Pfizer and Moderna vaccines - could be a major juice event to the market if they are approved
My sofa is out for cleaning so all I had was a love seat...shook it loose for a few more with a buy order @575

. He says the settings that give weights to the various rules AP NNs use to make decisions may not be identical across all beta testers. Interesting thought.

It would be if we didn't already know, from Green, that NNs don't make decisions in the tesla software.

NN are ONLY used for perception, not driving policy.

All driving is done with conventional code.

The guy doing the video doesn't seem to understand how NNs work, what they're being used for in the SW he's testing, or what weighting is in those terms..

Weights do things like let the NN think "it's 90% likely that object is a bus" versus "it's 30% likely that's a bus" which impacts if it tells the conventional code there's a bus there or not.

They have nothing to do with "should I change lanes and pass this bus or not" because actual driving decisions are not made with NNs.

I put a big buy order at $545, like last week.
Hope it doesn’t go through

Well obviously, the thesis for my 10-yr TSLA investment horizon is stronger than ever (about 2.6x ahead of my initial projection).

With a likely 'gap-down' in SP at the Open today, often times (esp. w/o news) we see a morning climb to close the gap with yesterday's intraday low, then a continuation of the selling pressure (not advice).

It'll be interesting to see where the Middle-BB is at the Open, since that level has shown robust support over the past 6 months. We may test that level before the Close on Friday.

I'll post the 09:30 Mid-BB value shortly after the Open, along with the 50-day Tech chart.

Cheers!

Cruse is starting a safety driver based ride service in the Sunset district of San Francisco.

Slashdot has a comment referencing a TechCrunch article.

Cruise Begins Driverless Testing In San Francisco - Slashdot

Sure seems a lot of ink being spent on Tesla alternative all of a sudden - from competitors to competing technologies.

I mean c'mon... they aren't even trying to be subtle! It would be cool to drive Ecto-1 but not as a "daily driver"

cruise.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like i better turn my phone off as the text messages have already started...The best one so far is SN-8 crashing and an idiot that didn't buy any $TSLA when i told him to says "There goes your $TSLA shares" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
My brother sold his first ever Put yesterday before the sell off started. He already texted me this morning in a panic. Luckly it is a cash-backed Put so he is ok if it gets assigned. But I blame the drop on him. Apparently his Super Powers are even stronger than mine.

Much higher pre-markey volume than we've seen recently...

I guess we need Tesla's secondary offering shares to be sold before we head back up, plus normally the indexes will wake-up next week, right, although they may wait until after-hours on the 18th as I understood it.

For my side, I only have $1082 cash, with $29 broker fee I cold put an order for 2 @ $525, but I doubt that will trigger...

Edit: tried to grab a 31/12 c850 at the dip, but missed it by 10c :mad:

Last edited:
13% drop so far between yesterday and this morning, BEFORE the inclusion event, and some don't think we drop 30% AFTER inclusion? o_O
Nothing fundamental has changed for the stock since the announcement. After inclusion there will have been a fundamental change in demand. I'm not sure we can take any lesson from this drop.

My brother sold his first ever Put yesterday before the sell off started. He already texted me this morning in a panic. Luckly it is a cash-backed Put so he is ok if it gets assigned. But I blame the drop on him. Apparently his Super Powers are even stronger than mine.
As long as he's happy to buy shares at the strike price then all is good and he keeps the premium. That's what the options game is all about and we all know it will go back up again!

Well the mods told me I couldn’t spank anymore on the forums yesterday(it obviously had no effect on the stock.......) so I’ll talk about something’s that I really am looking forward to.

Giga Berlin opening its doors-The inside of the factory, those photos were really impressive. Can’t wait to see the floor poured & finished.

Actually being in the S&P- I think the FUD will calm down a bit.

Q4 delivery numbers- looking forward to seeing Europe’s. Troy estimates 80 this year down from 90K from last year, but says demand is up 30% because of the fact that last year they were still delivering orders from 2018 and earlier?

sounds good to me. I’m just going to listen to some good old fashioned country music and try to stay calm. Good luck all

---

Minor addition from mod: you were requested to add substance to the thread instead of just yelling 'spank' every day.

Last edited by a moderator: