Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Norway Netherlands Spain deliveries going to break record this quarter?

View attachment 616416

Somebody is futzing around with that chart to make it seem more impressive than it really is. They removed all 2019 quarters and 2018 Q4 from the chart. Here is what it looks like with those included:

upload_2020-12-10_14-47-56.png

Are they sending this stuff out alphabetically or Circle of Hell order? Don’t see hide nor hair of mine. Maybe I should offer to drive there to pick it up?

From what I've read on reddit, it seems the tequila is shipping from Florida and they are shipping in waves starting with local. At the pace I've seen people posting about it from Florida, I'm not optimistic about receiving it soon on the west coast

Not necessarily...
All depends on the company rules
I have a 401-K but I cannot roll over any of the $$ until I leave the job...
This is limited to only to mutual funds (so obviously I'm in Baron Partners)

Do you mean while you're still employed at the company where your 401k funds are invested? Is this standard practice? New to me if it is. I'm going to have to look into this.

EDIT: checked with my 401k plan. Our plan does not allow rollovers until employment termination.

You guys may want to call your 401k administrator, don’t go by what is posted online. None of my company documents say this rollover can be done, but I just discovered a few weeks back that my after-tax portion of 401k can be rolled over to a Roth IRA. No tax on my after tax contributions, but have to pay tax on gains. Still a huge benefit and back-door entry for me for a Roth IRA which I don’t qualify for otherwise

From what I've read on reddit, it seems the tequila is shipping from Florida and they are shipping in waves starting with local. At the pace I've seen people posting about it from Florida, I'm not optimistic about receiving it soon on the west coast

Let's hope it gets here before the new year. Although my original plan was to not open it, it would be fitting to send out the old year and bring in the new with a toast of Teslaquila rather than champagne.

Cheers!

You guys may want to call your 401k administrator, don’t go by what is posted online. None of my company documents say this rollover can be done, but I just discovered a few weeks back that my after-tax portion of 401k can be rolled over to a Roth IRA. No tax on my after tax contributions, but have to pay tax on gains. Still a huge benefit and back-door entry for me for a Roth IRA which I don’t qualify for otherwise

Good advice; thanks. I'll have to call them. I would LOVE to roll over my 401k into my rollover IRA account. Although it will be bittersweet to find out I could have done this previously and invested it into TSLA.

Something that slipped through this year, for me anyway, is the impact of SP rise on employee retention.

Per electrek this summer, most employees get between $20-40k in options that vest over 3 years. With regular production employees now sitting on $100-600k in options, EVERYONE will stick it out to vest.

Anyone hired in 2019 will be here well into 2022 and won't get poached.

And hopefully Tesla will not do what my former employer did when they figured out a lot of middle management had made killings on their stock options — change the option plan to shift the weighting towards upper management. Corrupt! And this was at the same time as a big initiative on Company Values designed to increase devotion to the Company Mission. Bye bye!

Reactions: Criscmt and adiggs
First post on the thread! :)

I've been a Tesla fan for a while and shareholders for several years. I've been reading a bit on the TSLA inclusion event and wondering if I should set some sell orders at prices like $1000 $1200 to benefit from what could become a temporary market hiccup?

I'm a big believer in the company and their products. I'm also wondering what could be the highest valuation Tesla can achieve. On top of this, holding a single stock is also against my investment philosophy. I also did not cash out a very significant position in cryptos during the last bubble and sometime wonder if I should also learn to harvest my gains.

Hence I'm on the fence between holding the stocks "forever" or taking some impressive gains during the inclusion event. What do you guys think? What's your strategy?

It's actually better than that. You roll your after tax contributions to your Roth IRA and you instruct them to roll your gains to a Traditional IRA (no taxes to pay!). I did this earlier this year and invested it all in TSLA. Sure beats the pitiful returns I was getting in the limited selection of mutual funds offered by my 401k administrator.

Different plans may have different rules, but mine allows for these transfers up to 4 times per year.

First post on the thread! :)

I've been a Tesla fan for a while and shareholders for several years. I've been reading a bit on the TSLA inclusion event and wondering if I should set some sell orders at prices like $1000 $1200 to benefit from what could become a temporary market hiccup?

I'm a big believer in the company and their products. I'm also wondering what could be the highest valuation Tesla can achieve. On top of this, holding a single stock is also against my investment philosophy. I also did not cash out a very significant position in cryptos during the last bubble and sometime wonder if I should also learn to harvest my gains.

Hence I'm on the fence between holding the stocks "forever" or taking some impressive gains during the inclusion event. What do you guys think? What's your strategy?
$TSLA is going to $100,000/share so i suggest you hold forever :) NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE!