Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if already posted. AARK just blew past JP Morgan to become the largest actively managed ETF. Loving this quote from the Bloomberg article....
“ARK may single-handedly kill the non-transparent structure before it can walk because Cathie Wood is proving investment managers can generate outperformance with transparency.”

Read more at: Cathie Wood Takes Crown From JPMorgan for Largest Active ETF
Copyright © BloombergQuint

Macro news...

Senate passes stopgap funding bill to avert shutdown at midnight - CNNPolitics

Edit to add details:

"The Senate on Friday passed a one-week stopgap funding bill by voice vote to avert a government shutdown at midnight. The bill will next go to President Donald Trump for his signature.

The short-term spending bill would extend government funding by a week to December 18 and is aimed at giving lawmakers more time to reach an agreement on Covid relief and broader funding legislation for a new fiscal year. It passed the House earlier this week.

So far, however, stimulus talks remain at an impasse over critical sticking points, creating uncertainty over whether an agreement can be reached."

Last edited:
Sorry if already posted. AARK just blew past JP Morgan to become the largest actively managed ETF. Loving this quote from the Bloomberg article....

I just bought 5k worth (40 shares) of ARKK for my Roth IRA, 2k more to go for my yearly contribution. :D Nice to know I'm still buying TSLA and other companies I believe in.

I still don't understand that if everyone knows that the stock is going to pop next week, why anyone would sell a single share this week. It doesn't make any sense. Either the people selling this week are complete morons, or the expected pop is massively over hyped. Or there's something I don't understand and I'm the moron.
It’s the nature of the marketplace. If everybody has the same expectations nothing will happen (or put more accurately, the event then has already happened in a perfect forward looking market). Only when opinions differ on what will happen, money can be made. That was the case when many of us bought TSLA in 2011-2019. Now, what we don’t know for sure is if really everybody is expecting a pop next week. Your guess is as good as mine.

I want to see someone take a CGI car out for a test drive and full review... someone from Consumer Reports hopefully.

What's funny is that this could actually be done, even using a reasonable CG likeness of an existing celebrity car-reviewer such as Jay Leno. It would cost a whole lot though. May as well just make a working prototype to review for Jay Leno's Garage.

Last edited:
Hey, ugaiz - TSLA still dropping. Now $606
What's funny is that this could actually be done, even using a reasonable CG likeness of an existing celebrity car-reviewer such as Jay Leno. It would cost a whole lot though. May as well just make a working prototype to review for Jay Leno's Garage.

Nerds know that Jeff Bridges is uniquely qualified for such a review.

How does one justify shorting Tesla when Doordash is presently valued at 6 ka-trillion dollars?

Not to mention the sudden influx of 100+ "EV" plays, each being dragged to further highs solely on the back and esteem of Tesla. And countless others.

I'm not saying we're the worst company to short -- (although, I suppose the math, total $$$ lost v. gained would be fascinating to see/compare to the market, history. Numbers don't lie?

It almost seems to be an act of vengeance at this point. Certainly I'd be upset too, if I lost $1 billion -- or $ 27-#000 billions. But when I do something stupid I try not to do that thing again. Sometimes I still do. But I definitely don't jump out of bed each morning and immediately start the day making the same mistake I did the day before, and before that, and ..

Welp, my delivery date is now literally the end of the month. 25-31st of December. Really interesting to see if the shipment actually gets here before EOQ. I suppose they were pushing for more continental deliveries this quarter, to get them in customer's hands the fastest.

Interesting, for Model S Performance, delivery estimate in Fremont is 8-12 weeks...

I don't know about banks. For brokerages, it depends on their margin equity requirement and the size of your loan.

According to @Prunesquallor, E*Trade is now giving him a margin equity requirement of 40% for TSLA. Last time I checked, Interactive Brokers requires 70%.

And today they raised it right back up to 60% o_O

Hopefully that's plaid related.

Though S is not a huge % of Tesla's volume production I could see them launching it earlier than promised to avoid an S sales decline.

There's little, or no, inventory of S&X worldwide, so I do think there's something brewing

Last edited:
One of the problems with the newer investors into $TSLA who missed most of 2020's bull run is that they entered fresh money into $TSLA relatively late, and are now scared seeing any correction in the stock. This can easily cause a massive downward bias on the stock in the short term, I think. Same could be said about a lot of other EV stocks too. But then, this is what differentiates an impatient newbie from a matured investor.

Have faith in $TSLA, folks. There is still a plenty of potential left in the Stock should a few things work out for the company, as the video above tries to explain. $TSLA all the way!