Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
08:00 a.m. Whistle: Mon, Dec 14, 2020

TSLA share price: $617.54 +17.55 +2.88%

Volume: 494,388 shares (Moderate)

Max Pain (07:00 ET): $525 (+$25 from Friday)

TSLA.2020-12-14.09-06.png

Cheers!

The Netherlands is rumoured to go in lockdown this evening. If the lockdown measures prevent Tesla to deliver cars, it could mean about 2000 cars can’t be delivered this year. Germany already announced a stronger lockdown, so Tesla may not be able to deliver cars there too.
Edit: the 2000 cars is my guestimate based on how the delivery graph looks like this quarter so far.

Just got a text from Tesla that my delivery on Dec 28 will be done regardless of the lockdown:

Hallo Köber, Ihr Auslieferungstermin am 28/12/2020 um 3:00 PM in 1-3 Gottlob-Auwärter-Straße, Pilsting, BY 94431 bleibt weiterhin bestehen. Wir werden Sie im Falle einer Änderung kontaktieren. Die Auslieferung wird als kontaktloses Erlebnis stattfinden. Wir bitten Sie alleine zu Ihrer Auslieferung zu kommen, die allgemeinen Hygienevorschriften zu beachten und sich an die Anweisungen unserer Mitarbeiter vor Ort zu halten. Antworten Sie auf STOP, um sich von SMS Mitteilungen abzumelden.

translated:

Hi Köber, your delivery date of 28/12/2020 at 3:00 PM at 1-3 Gottlob-Auwärter-Straße, Pilsting, BY 94431 still stands. We will contact you in case of a change. Delivery will be a contactless experience. We ask that you come to your delivery alone, observe general hygiene rules and follow the instructions of our staff on site. Reply to STOP to unsubscribe from SMS messages.

So I believe all is good in spite of hard lockdown in Germany starting Wednesday.

The Netherlands is rumoured to go in lockdown this evening. If the lockdown measures prevent Tesla to deliver cars, it could mean about 2000 cars can’t be delivered this year. Germany already announced a stronger lockdown, so Tesla may not be able to deliver cars there too.
Edit: the 2000 cars is my guestimate based on how the delivery graph looks like this quarter so far.

They can probably switch to touchless, no?

Hopefully they can be diverted to other left-hand drive countries nearby. Best wishes.

UK -
Tesla - possible delay because ports full - ships seem in no great hurry as no room at the Inn. Right hand drive, so less options for alternative markets for a Dec delivery. Worst case - will bump up Jan numbers
Honda - SAY they've stopped production (few days?) due to parts not "just in time", even though stockpiled.
Jaguar Land Rover & Bentley stockpiled but may be flying parts in.
Covid - increased restrictions likely - not sure if it will have any effect on Tesla, much more on legacy.

My guess & hope is that 500k has been reached.

Increased China production (3 shifts when LFP was available), China to Europe exports, USA demand for Y, alternative cells (LFP) to China/USA

They can probably switch to touchless, no?
They probably will (if allowed). I don’t know if they do the same kind of mass delivery in the Amsterdam harbor like last year’s Q4, touchless may be challenging to implement in such an environment.
Let’s hope Tesla can deliver those cars before EOY, since the tax advantages go down again in NL as of 2021.

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Would be more than happy if we achieve 700 by Friday;)!

Max pain is currently 500, but atm 600 looks to be where the MM wants it. Will be interesting to see how this changes during the week.
There would be nothing unreasonable.......nor spectacular about reaching 700 by the end of the week IMO. 700 is nothing more than the top of the channel that we have been trading in for well over a year. And there is nothing very creative about Max Pain being set at 500, since it is roughly the bottom of that same channel, other than the opportunity it would present MM's and Index Funds to run the stock up from 500 to 700 as shares are added without ever leaving a 'safe' trading channel. TSLA is only in 'squeeze territory' when it breaks through the top of the channel.........on its way towards $1,000 as @Runarbt suggested. Such a pop above a well established channel could provide a unique opportunity to sell some shares on the spike in an effort to grab a few extra shares if-and-when the long term tractor beam returns TSLA share price back into the longer channel when trading is again 'normalized.'

The worse case scenario for anyone acquiring shares at prices above the top of the trading channel is that they simply have to sit on them for a bit longer before the long term share prices catch up........which shouldn't take too long given the slope of the chart, and the fact that it is logarithmic scale so the spread increases as we move forward into a bright TSLA future

upload_2020-12-14_6-47-58.png