Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on order book depth:

32C16BF7-476B-48DB-AA04-C9A676BFCDCC.jpeg

FYI - for anyone that may want to participate in the closing cross tomorrow, I checked with TD Ameritrade and you can enter limit on close orders through ThinkOrSwim but not the TD Ameritrade website or apps
Along those lines, E*Trade allows extended hours (7am-8pm ET) limit sells.

• Helpful
Reactions: Model S M.D.
16% of the float is about to be purchased and locked asway essentially forever. We know this.

Yes, and we could get a nice bump (or not). But probably not anything like what people were talking about just 1-3 weeks ago. The key fact here is that the price has already run up from $408 since the announcement and we don't know how many of those shares will suddenly become available.

However, your statement, coupled with your disagree of my last post, seems to imply that a huge runup from this level is a certainty. There is no way to know that.

There seems to be significant volume on DITM calls expiring tomorrow.

View attachment 618500

I wonder if this could be index/benchmarked funds. They're not paying much of a time premium for these options.

Volume at $420 strike for today is 979 contracts, or almost 100k shares worth. Not massive, but certainly not small either.

How could they justify paying any premium though? The whole point of an index fund is to have minimal cost and minimal active management.

How could they justify paying any premium though? The whole point of an index fund is to have minimal cost and minimal active management.

There's pretty much zero premium on these actually. Maybe 10 or 20 cents.

But it could also be profit taking from somebody who bought these right after announcement. Will be interesting to see if OI is higher or lower tomorrow.

Right. What happens if they pay premium and the options expire worthless? That would create a negative tracking error. I suppose the risk of not being able to buy regardless of price might justify that risk. Sigh. So much speculation and not much information.

Toyota’s Chief Says Electric Vehicles Are Overhyped
-WSJ

Toyota President Akio Toyoda said Japan would run out of electricity in the summer if all cars were running on electric power.

In a country such as Japan that gets most of its electricity from burning coal and natural gas, EVs don’t help the environment, Mr. Toyoda said. “The more EVs we build, the worse carbon dioxide gets,” he said.

Toyota’s Chief Says Electric Vehicles Are Overhyped

Toyota President Akio Toyoda said Japan would run out of electricity in the summer if all cars were running on electric power.

In a country such as Japan that gets most of its electricity from burning coal and natural gas, EVs don’t help the environment, Mr. Toyoda said. “The more EVs we build, the worse carbon dioxide gets,” he said.
Stupid is as stupid does...

There seems to be significant volume on DITM calls expiring tomorrow.

View attachment 618500

I wonder if this could be index/benchmarked funds. They're not paying much of a time premium for these options.

Volume at $420 strike for today is 979 contracts, or almost 100k shares worth. Not massive, but certainly not small either.

These could just be people rolling their calls. No special insight, but I'll also be rolling my 300 calls today or tomorrow.