Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Along those lines, E*Trade allows extended hours (7am-8pm ET) limit sells.

Similar to TD: With eTrade, I'm only seeing standard trade duration options available on the main site, but the separate "Power e-trade" web app shows a wider selection, including: "On the Open", "On the Close", and "Day Plus Extended Hours"

And so it begins...
42c8bd2db59ac95477fbd776d2ffe59a.jpg

Waiting for tomorrow's close.

Yes, and we could get a nice bump (or not). But probably not anything like what people were talking about just 1-3 weeks ago. The key fact here is that the price has already run up from $408 since the announcement and we don't know how many of those shares will suddenly become available.

However, your statement, coupled with your disagree of my last post, seems to imply that a huge runup from this level is a certainty. There is no way to know that.
All I've seen around here is people thinking there's a 5-10% chance of a 2x run-up during the inclusion buy period and a 50/50 chance of a decent spike. You somehow take my statement that 16% is getting locked up as if I think we're going to fifty bazillion. I assure you that's not the case. These distortions are in your head, not the people you keep trying to "correct". Relax.

And if a few fools want to get overexuberant, so be it. The market won't mind taking their money.

NPR - hour ago: Biden To Nominate Brenda Mallory To Run Council On Environmental Quality

Excerpt:

Biden has promised to make climate change a top priority, and Mallory's appointment fleshes out a climate team with expertise in regulation, finance, diplomacy and environmental law. Mallory would work with John Kerry, the National Security Council's first special presidential envoy on climate; and Gina McCarthy, who would coordinate the domestic climate group within the White House. Biden's top economic adviser, Brian Deese, also has experience crafting climate policy.

Thanks. I don't have those order types though, not that I want to participate, I'm not really interested in selling at ~$620

"Limit on Close". Pick your price. Then the shares either sell or they don't.

With the other type of order "Market on Close" you are almost guaranteed that your shares trade, you just don't know the SP which could change as much as +/- 20% during the Closing Cross (see the NASDAQ pdf's for details of the max. varience).

So pick your poison:
  • "No trade" risk
  • "Trade SP" risk
  • "No Thank-you" risk ;)
Cheers!

Reactions: Tslynk67 and Johan
AP through Tribune - 20 minutes ago: Joe Biden to pick North Carolina regulator Michael Regan to lead Environmental Protection Agency

Excerpt:

He previously spent almost a decade at the federal EPA, including managing a national program for air-pollution issues.

His past jobs included serving as an associate vice president for climate and energy issues at the Environmental Defense Fund advocacy group and as head of his own environmental and energy consulting firm.

Local media in NC suggests he has a pretty strong record, particularly in dealing with Duke about the Coal Ash cleanup issue which was significant here. Good experience working with crazy right legislature.