Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
da6cce77e4a3325138c909bc909917ae.png

Weird:

S&P to BB.png

They are basicly saying yeah, we should be upgrading this much further, but "wintercompetition is coming" and there could be a demand problem, so we aren't going to yet. :rolleyes:

Was there anything to the rumor that TSLA shareholders would be able to buy into Starlink if it gets spun off ?
If so, I don't want to sell any of my shares even for a single day.
Somebody asked Elon about that possibility and he had a vague answer along the lines of "that would be great".

Maybe you are new to Tesla as an investment. But when you have held TSLA for a while you will see that this is perfectly normal behaviour for the TSLA stock. It's even expected to behave like this. Which probably is why this thread has so many posts.

New? Ha, ha, no. Not as long as a few here, but first 8 (now 40) shares purchased 8th July 2015 :) Just wanted to be part of it, had no idea what it would eat to :eek::D

I just don't understand these sudden dump, I don't even see how it serves THEM, if it were profit-taking then it would be a trickle-sell, if it were to avoid $650 close then I'd expect a major smack-down. Just doesn't seem to have any purpose.

Reactions: Sudre
Was there anything to the rumor that TSLA shareholders would be able to buy into Starlink if it gets spun off ?
If so, I don't want to sell any of my shares even for a single day.

EM has stated that there is a limit to the efficient application of cash toward development (my understanding). Tesla is about the spin off a fair amount of cash and it would seem to me that a few billion helping out SpaceX build out StarLink would be an efficient use. Perhaps this would be a way for Tesla stockholders to participate in SpaceX. Lots of speculation here.