Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you’re off the mark with solid state batteries.. they are a complete game changer and a vast improvement over lithium ion in every way. Of course there are challenges.. but it looks like they will become reality in a 2-3 yr time frame. Specifically these batteries have these advantages over lithium:

- Charge twice as fast meaning less waiting on long trips..
- 2-10 times the energy density.. This means they’ll enable much longer range for an equivalent battery size (Let that sink in.. this is huge)
- Better cold weather performance simplifying battery thermal management
- Highly reduced degradation.. meaning a much longer battery life
- Safer since they don’t over heat and combust..

Tesla had dumped billions into lithium battery production.. but they need a story on solid state.. This is clearly the future for EV batteries..

just checking my M3 to see and.... nope, not combusted today! Wicked! It didn’t combust yesterday or the day before!

Might change my avatar to “ ‘n’ days since my battery combusted”.

I have a similar running joke with my anti-EV boss, after I had a 1MW site battery storage system installed at work. He’s got a webcam trained on it for when the inevitable thermal event occurs. Lol.

f0b7dabc1ce87cf6d29cb6d33d63d864.png

TSLA +5.3%

All-Time Intraday & Closing Highs :cool:

interestingly enough that is the second time you guys are celebrating an ATH while that isn’t true for Europeans. The dollar is devaluating with respect to the Euro faster than a TSLA can accelerate. The good news is that converting the current high sales in euros will appear as even more dollars in the ER.