Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CNBC doing a lot of head shaking around this inclusion. "Forced buying at the top of the market!" Lol

I hear Cartman's voice, "your tears are delicious"

I'm curious if @Krugerrand and @StealthP3D are taking any actions during this event or if they are simply holding, if you two are willing to share.

Last edited:
"tsla-stock-price-an-army-of-millionaire-retail-traders-hold-on"

"Elon Musk Has Made Millionaires Out of His Most Loyal Fans
They bought Tesla shares early and kept the faith. After a dizzying year, is it time to cash in?"

intentionally not linked - Dana Hull in Bloomberg this morning.

Could have been her... Imagine closely watching Tesla for years, spreading FUD & regretting year after year, slowly hating those she works for.

Wow, the fact that this is even being discussed or debated. Somebody knows what's coming today!
I guess they need to contemplate this scenario: there is a huge run up around 3:30 triggering a halt to trading just before the closing cross mechanics kick in. I bet they don’t have a play for that scenario already written in their playbook.

I caught this big one just now. I wonder if this was a dark pool trade. Definitely a bit off of market price:

bigboy.jpg

I guess they need to contemplate this scenario: there is a huge run up around 3:30 triggering a halt to trading just before the closing cross mechanics kick in. I bet they don’t have a play for that scenario already written in their playbook.
Y'all are going to love this. If a pause occurs just before close, the Cross can be extended if there is an imbalance up until 5pm.
https://nasdaqtrader.com/content/MarketRegulation/LULDClosingCross.pdf
upload_2020-12-18_10-46-17.png

upload_2020-12-18_10-46-33.png

This is an old document though.

I caught this big one just now. I wonder if this was a dark pool trade. Definitely a bit off of market price:

View attachment 618831
If my understanding from Rob Maurer is correct, this seemingly lower "offline" trade happened within 10 min of the ones around it that showed up per the rules (if followed).

I would congratulate you but the return for holding TSLA through that same period (without compounding) averages 2.82% per day.

The other thing I know is the traders that have an unusually good run tend to post their results and the traders who blew it tend to slink off into the shadows without letting us know about their personal disasters.

Bought back my 650 calls this morning at double the loss of my Wed gain. There you go ;)

Bought 300 more shares this morning (from my options profits) and sold Feb '21 $1k covered calls against the entire portfolio. $20k gain on that. We'll see if I have a dilemma in Feb :eek:

I receive a financial newsletter called "TradeWise," which I think I receive because I'm with TDA. The newsletter contains information about upcoming earnings announcements and other financial happenings, as well as insights into what's expected to move the market. I glance at it from time to time, just out of curiosity. The few issues from the past week or so make no mention whatsoever of TSLA and their entry into the S&P this week. Not one word. :confused:

View attachment 618831

According to Flowalgo, there have been 470k shares worth 315M traded in the dark pool today after the market open.

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 16.50.19.png
x

Although, I have sometimes lost faith in the tool since they have missed a lot of options flow in the last few weeks

Last edited:
Reactions: capster
Reactions: capster and enzo
Can anyone help with a Fidelity related question?

A friend of mine -new to investing (edit- about 54 years old) has a Fidelity 401k and wants to invest in TSLA but they wont let him. How can he roll over into an IRA or something that will let him buy TSLA? He's still employed at the same place...

Does he have any good options (paths) to TSLA with that money other than waiting till he's 59-1/2?

(Thanks, @Zero CO2 ,@2daMoon )
I don't think so. At least there wasn't for me. Different employers can have different rules.

• Helpful
Reactions: UncaNed
https://twitter.com/i/status/1339930055292628992

Shouted out TMC on his video! Who's this on here? :) Phone calls from ex-girlfriends, new girlfriends and future girlfriends in 3....2......1

His story echoes my own in a lot of ways. Heard several references to TMC from the r/teslamotors subreddit (which I lurked as a huge Tesla/Elon fan and aspiring Tesla owner). Popped over here, read what seemed like a lot of really smart analysis, sunk my life savings into TSLA...life was changed.