Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That makes no sense. You are saying that the market for a short-seller (or a naked short-seller) is a different market than that of a regular seller. That is not my understanding. A sell is a sell.
No. I'm saying that they would have to provide the actual shares, which they can't do nakedly to an institution because the institution would register them and the seller would have to replace them (for the seller's account). They wouldn't be able to naked short in the same way they do for retail investors where they can keep the virtual shares going for a very long time (until the next split). Not being an expert, I'm probably not saying this very well.

• Informative
Reactions: capster
With TMC's name on Bloomberg now, have you, 'old timers' and mods given a thought of taking this thread private?

I'm not quite sure of the implications either way, but occurred to me that this valuable thread might become Twitter / WSB...

Ooh, 130-share owner here - I would hate getting locked out from you guys!

Last edited:
With TMC's name on Bloomberg now, have you, 'old timers' and mods given a thought of taking this thread private?

I'm not quite sure of the implications either way, but occurred to me that this valuable thread might become Twitter / WSB...

I think that is closing the barn door after the horse is out. 5 years ago this thread was about deep analysis and long term investing. Seems to me this thread is now mostly about options and short term. I also see many more off-the-cuff thoughts and less deep analysis with spreadsheets.

It is still a valuable resource but I do think some has been lost with the changing of the crowd over time. That happens with all forum communities. Normal progression.

Are you suggesting keeping the thread from public eyes, or just limiting who can actually post?

feeling-meh-a-gift-item-for-unicorn-lovers-iphone-7-8-case.jpg

That happens when shares in 500 other stocks worth $80 billion have to be sold to make place for TSLA.

This is the first day since the listing in 2010 where macros follow TSLA, instead of the other way around. Hopefully there will be many more when it becomes the world's most valuable stock.

I guess I'm OK with the other stocks following TSLA from now on... as long as they remain respectful and don't try to follow too closely.:cool: