Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, they have to be reported within 10 seconds.
Is there a way to calculate how much the indexes are short (not enough bought) near end of day, but before the Great Conjunction?

It's clear skies today. Look to the west right after sunset tonight. Jupiter and Saturn pulling together with all their moons... wanting a tracking telescope now, but will settle for a viewing party at some remote location. Camping in the Y is now an option.

4qvsib.jpg

What happens if the Stock closes between 1000 and 1500? Would you have to buy the 200 shares at a 1000 even if you haven’t sold the shares at 1500?

104DB771-E368-4FE8-B5A1-22EEFE6E423E.jpeg

Edit: TD ameritrade allows for LOC and MOC trades for options also. I’m going to create a MOC order for the options if the price is between 1100 and 1500.

Last edited:
Are you suggesting keeping the thread from public eyes, or just limiting who can actually post?

Maybe a poll about whether this board should be private.
I have only been on TMC about 3 years and I mostly lurk but I would like to see it private and maybe membership should cost something.

I like knowing that most of the posters on here suffered through gorden johnson and the others

Anyone joining or lurking now might have no idea what many of us went through holding and buying more through all of that FUD (And that's important)

I hear Cartman's voice, "your tears are delicious"

I'm curious if @Krugerrand and @StealthP3D are taking any actions during this event or if they are simply holding, if you two are willing to share.

I would rather take action during times that I have a better sense of how things might go. Just about any time other than now qualifies.

Holding (as usual).

CNBC doing a lot of head shaking around this inclusion. "Forced buying at the top of the market!" Lol
This is stuff they've known for weeks and have been avoiding the mention of. Everyone in the biz, S&P included, has been doing their best to suppress Tesla but when you're trying to suppress an insuppressible company, it will eventually bite.

I think that is closing the barn door after the horse is out. 5 years ago this thread was about deep analysis and long term investing. Seems to me this thread is now mostly about options and short term. I also see many more off-the-cuff thoughts and less deep analysis with spreadsheets.

It is still a valuable resource but I do think some has been lost with the changing of the crowd over time. That happens with all forum communities. Normal progression.

As a sometimes reader of this thread since 2012, I can tell you that earlier in that window (all but the last 2 or 3 years), we had two threads going - the short term thread and the long term thread. The short term thread has always gotten the overwhelming share of the posts. Such a high fraction that the long term analysis / posts also mostly went into the short term thread, leaving the long term thread mostly starved for posts.

My own view is that this thread is about the same throughout, and about the same now. There is a constant tension between long term buy and hold investors who get distracted by all the short term noise, and always has been.

It might be that the moderation is a bit more hands off, and a bit more community sourced.

I personally would like to see the return of the long term thread as something that gets used seriously. I don't expect that to happen though - it's primarily a community thing to make a point of putting the longer term information and analysis in the long term thread, and we've proven repeatedly over the years to be bad at that (including me :D).

Is there a way to calculate how much the indexes are short (not enough bought) near end of day, but before the Great Conjunction?

It's clear skies today. Look to the west right after sunset tonight. Jupiter and Saturn pulling together with all their moons... wanting a tracking telescope now, but will settle for a viewing party at some remote location. Camping in the Y is now an option.

I think the prediction model in my blog is still the best way to estimate this.

So I went and looked into this Limit-on-close order idea a few people mentioned...

Fidelity has 2 fields to fill in when selling-

Order type, where I can pick market, limit, stop loss, stop limit, and various trailing choices).

If I pick market then in the other field- time in force - I can pick market close, on market open, or day.

BUT.

If I pick limit on type, time in force options totally change.... now they show:

Day, GTC, Fill or Kill, Immediate or Cancel, and On Open

But NOT on close.

Over at Merrill Edge, if I select Limit for type, my ONLY choices for duration are Day or GTC.

So no ability to put in a limit on close sell on either far as I can see.

(doesn't look like even market on close is an option for Merrill, though it is for Fidelity)