Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
68130635-75CC-4664-A964-25E25146FFAC.jpeg
I was about to ask for help on the TD site as I can't seem to find the "on close" option. All I have now is GTC+Ext. Maybe it's being blocked?

Which site offers this feature to Sell on Close?

TD offers it on the app. LOC or MOC.

• Informative
Reactions: riverFox and CLK350
Something about that story is wrong, unless the guy did a lot of options plays (which it doesn't sound like he did).

$10k invested in 2017 would not make him a millionaire now.
Sounds like he bought calls along the way to me. I never traded options until I found TMC.

Edit: And probably added funds along the way after the initial $10,000.

Last edited:
Reactions: lafrisbee
https://twitter.com/i/status/1339930055292628992

Shouted out TMC on his video! Who's this on here? :) Phone calls from ex-girlfriends, new girlfriends and future girlfriends in 3....2......1

TrendTrader007 calling this a contrarian indicator, suggesting it’s time to sell...

I don’t see why another Teslanair coming out of the closet would tank the stock, lol

Possibly not Tesla related: A little news on Nano One: Nano One Enters into a Cathode Evaluation Agreement

There are only three companies that meet those criteria that I am aware of:
  • Ford
  • GM
  • Tesla
Ford: Hasn't shown any interest in getting in to batteries.
GM: Partnered with LG, so maybe but doesn't seem likely.
That leaves: Tesla... But they have been working on their own cathode...
There was lot of chatter that Tesla would buy a chunk, maybe a massive one, of the spun-off LG Battery business. Maybe GM needed to pivot to another 3rd party?

• Informative
Reactions: FireMedic
If I buy some Tesla shares, I'm a shareholder of record just as the funds are.

No, you most likely are not. You're brokerage is the "shareholder of record" and you are a "beneficial owner".

Holder Of Record Definition
Beneficial Owner

That is why us "beneficial owners" had to get a legal proxy from the "shareholder of record" to be able to attend the virtual shareholder meeting. (vs. just watching the live stream.)

Is there a way to calculate how much the indexes are short (not enough bought) near end of day, but before the Great Conjunction?

No. And it's not in their best interest to tell you anything.

It's clear skies today. Look to the west right after sunset tonight. Jupiter and Saturn pulling together with all their moons... wanting a tracking telescope now, but will settle for a viewing party at some remote location. Camping in the Y is now an option.

A tracking scope wouldn't be worth setting up for this - it only lasts for a short time near dusk. Best views through a nice pair of astro binoculars (or perhaps a refractor with binocular eye pieces).

https://twitter.com/garyblack00/status/1339975507526504450?s=20

View attachment 618859

Indexers have put in MOC and LOC orders for 130M shares.

Does Gary have a way of actually knowing this? Bloomberg terminal, etc...

Ugh I feel for people that follow this guy like he knows everything. He was wrong many, many times in the run up during summer, the run up during the stock split, and so on. He made many claims, almost all of the wrong by continually underestimating how high Tesla would go throughout this past year(and then weeks later unsurprisingly giving Tesla a new PT once he realized he was wrong). He cost a lot of people money that believed in him.

His logic on how many shares have been front runned is based on a equation that still makes zero sense. He continually keeps comparing the percentage gain the stock(60%) with how many share have been front runned. It's a stupid theory. He also keeps ignoring multiple catalysts that have happened since Nov 16th that would naturally cause a stock to go higher as well.

Gary's an intelligent/smart guy. His issue is he present his tweets with a very high level of conviction and he's been wrong 50% or more of the time this entire year. So he could be right, but would you take advice from someone who continually underestimated the Tesla rallies each time this year???

Last edited:
FYI - for anyone that may want to participate in the closing cross tomorrow, I checked with TD Ameritrade and you can enter limit on close orders through ThinkOrSwim but not the TD Ameritrade website or apps

I was about to ask for help on the TD site as I can't seem to find the "on close" option. All I have now is GTC+Ext. Maybe it's being blocked?

Which site offers this feature to Sell on Close?

I had it on the ThinkOrSwim mobile app, and I think someone said ThinkOrSwim desktop had it as well. They're labeled LOC for limit and MOC for market.

TD offers it on the app. LOC or MOC.

Note my message from yesterday. You can do this in Think or Swim but NOT the regular TD Ameritrade app.

I read it as making it only viewable to registered/logged in users. That would allow newer people to join and learn but make it harder for casual viewers to follow.

I am for this. Requiring a logged in account to see this thread offers a few things:

1. Web page scrapers can't read this thread unless an account is used

2 All viewing activity in this thread can be linked to a named account and, therefore, easier to trace sketchy behavior.

It doesn't block any person from using the thread, they simply have to have an account and be logged in.