Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oldie but goodie...ill just leave this here:

upload_2020-12-21_15-3-48.png

Valid point. Tesla might soon decide to only sell FSD on a subscruption basis. :eek:
Many years ago ,before there were in car GPS units, we had analog Onstar in our GM car ( I am kinda old) . If you needed it for a trip you could sign up month.
When they upgraded to digital Cadillac would upgrade our car to the new digital equipment if we signed up for a minimum of a one year onstar subscription.

A great 35 min interview of Cathie Wood from Friday. Some points,

When asked what stocks will outperform TSLA over the next 5 years, she mentioned genomics, particularly CRSP. If you aren't aware of CRSP and want to diversify, I very strongly suggest you become informed about them. (NVTA is another one to consider).

Obviously her comments on Tesla are on the money.

She remains very bullish on Bitcoin. Whatever.

Negotiations are ongoing and she is confident current staff will remain in operational control of Ark. :D

Sorry if this has already been posted.

So I saw Elon's latest tweet mentioned, but no discussion about it:

Do you think that is just a general thanks, or do you think that is a "thanks for getting us past our 500k deliveries for the year goal?"

Elon already liked this tweet today so he probably thinks 500K is in the bag. 500K or not, 2021 guidance is what will likely force analysts to adjust their price targets.

AD2408CE-AD7A-4755-B20D-828A34663226.jpeg

Elon already liked this tweet today so he probably thinks 500K is in the bag. 500K or not, 2021 guidance is what will likely force analysts to adjust their price targets.

View attachment 619909
As I recall, the “absurd” tweet was from our favorite scatalogically predisposed, dental hygene-minded fund manager.

What caused the spike during AH?
I think all the spikes after hours, both Friday and today, are reports of dark pool trades that were previously arranged, possibly weeks ago. Once the inclusion price was known, these agreements could be fulfilled at their leisure. The buys are no doubt by index funds (and possibly benchmarked funds) who wanted TSLA at the inclusion price or close to it, and the sells are by whomever they made deals with. The stock could have been acquired at any time, including today.

Note that this is just speculation which matches the evidence, and it provides another reason that index funds didn't need to play the closing cross in real time to get what they needed.

It wasn't bad today. I wouldn't look at the 6% loss. It's more like 3% when 695 is actually a fake price.

I agree! I was watching the ticker come in and that 695 price lasted a few seconds for a huge volume like a single trade, that's why so many thought it was a dark pool buy. It no sooner spiked than it dropped back to the $659 level and the close was changed after the market closed which meant that 695 price wasn't recorded during the market hours. It was surely rigged trading.

If I look at the close as what it really was trading in the open market then today's drop wasn't so bad at all. I had sell orders set for $695 for a long time and added $710, $740, $780, $850 and $950 for a total of 350 shares. If the $695 was a true Market open buy then at least that one should have sold.

Reactions: FireMedic
Somehow I am left imagining how the most important spec for Apple users / iFolks considering this car will be the pixel count of the built-in selfie camera.

Don't forget the Apple ecosystem! It will have Apple wheels in proprietary sizes that only fit beautifully round Apple tires. The tires will have proportions that perfectly complement the graceful curves of the wheel arches. There will not be a charge port as the car is designed to charge on the wireless Apple charge pad.

Seriously though, I've been saying for a long time Apple will not be making a road-going car. Maybe an Apple Golf Cart. It will be cute.

A great 35 min interview of Cathie Wood from Friday. Some points,

When asked what stocks will outperform TSLA over the next 5 years, she mentioned genomics, particularly CRSP. If you aren't aware of CRSP and want to diversify, I very strongly suggest you become informed about them. (NVTA is another one to consider).

Obviously her comments on Tesla are on the money.

She remains very bullish on Bitcoin. Whatever.

Negotiations are ongoing and she is confident current staff will remain in operational control of Ark. :D

Sorry if this has already been posted.
Thank you; this post (almost) makes up for the one you previously posted.