Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice MMD! Didn't get any buys in the 500's, but maybe Friday.

This Apple thing is nuts. Inevitably some entity will compete with Tesla after so many fail. So? Please make an Apple car so we can race something else. It's boring on the roads, too easy. Oh, not one of those cars? Commuter that uses Apple iOS. Nothing makes sense here. They are simply too horizontal to profit on a vehicle

It would be cool to see a phone that's designed with the car in mind. I would welcome that integration more with Tesla. Their apps are pretty static and simple... for now. But don't dismiss future grown in the phone connection. In fact, most of our vehicle updates lately surround texting, voice, communications. They're building the Tesla OS slowly ground up with comms, browser, maps... all the essentials. And it's all still in the oven.

Hey, look at the stock. What happened?

Reactions: SunCatcher
I am expecting this to close as the options market wants it to. That means if this little pop is still there when I am done typing this, don't get too excited. THEY have to keep this around 625 I up until 01-15. With all the great news on the horizon I don't know how it is this easy to keep TSLA suppressed but I am guessing it is funds rearranging their portfolios at the end of the year...... I am not going to really try to figure out why. I am going to look at this chart of the expiring options this week and how easy the price is being moved and make my own conclusion... even 625 Calls strikes are building.

1TSLA 12-24ex 23wed.png

Next week isn't much better. Sure these weeks don't have much at risk as last Friday but THEY will take their pennies (millions) where they can get them. <$620 seems to be the high close for next week. Both weeks appear to have $600 as the bottom but I don't know if that is a solid bottom since THEY can sell Calls to back up lower strike prices.

1TSLA 12-31ex 23wed.png

Don't get me wrong. I do want to see this run back up. I am just leery about what I see in option open interest.

Autobidder
I agree that autobidder is cool and an excellent example of where software is critical to success. But it's once again the sort of thing that is delivered with hardware and is mostly invisible. It requires good security, good software update, good algorithms, and maybe good AI too.

There's no doubt that it will be hard to get right over time, in the same way that FSD is hard -- there are many local laws and customs. So the behavior of the software needs to change with place and time. That sort of timely maintenance, especially in the face of capricious changes dictated by politics rather than physical necessity, requires an enormous amount of discipline. It's not getting the first version out that's the hard part, it's keeping it working over time. Tesla as we know it doesn't want to hire employees who are good at that sort of thing. Maybe they can hire people to build an AI to do it? Might turn out to be harder than FSD though, as it's all about people acting bizarre and arbitrary.

I'll amend by statement to "you really don't want to see Tesla entering other markets where software matters much unless they get much better at it". They're not bad now, but they aren't an industry leader the way they are in so many other things.

I know it's off topic but we all like a laugh on this board. Nikola is down 9% today on news that the 2500 garbage truck contract has been cancelled.

"On Aug. 10, Nikola's stock soared 22.0% to $44.81, after the company said it secured an order to make at least 2,500 electric garbage trucks for Republic Services. Since then through Tuesday, Nikola's stock has plunged 62.4%"

Or to put it another way, the garbage company no longer wants to do business with the garbage company

~~~In the spirit of the season, I’m feeling charitable this morning so instead of deleting this post, or undergoing the work of moving it myself, I’m using it as a lesson to all for why it - of which sentiments I fully agree - must not be placed here. As Moderators have stated before, these comments’ danger is that they engender other OT posts - and these often are highly distractive to the overall tenor of this thread.

===>What one CAN do is in the most succinct fashion link the comment you are about to make in its appropriate thread, and leave it at that<===

And now, off to delete the offending tailing posts. They don’t get such charity.~~~