Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:D

My advisor is on percentage, so he’s pretty dang pleased I insisted to go dramatically overweight in March.:D
You pick the winner and position and your advisor gets paid a percentage of your gain? There is something very wrong about this. I can't figure out why anyone would have an advisor and any buy or sell order of any amount costing more than $9 is too much.

Last edited:
upload_2020-12-30_18-20-40.png

And climbing

I desperately need to go do something for the next hour but $3500 was my original get out because you are stupid rich price. Originally planned for 2028 or so. I'm obviously not, getting out that is, anymore but I really don't want to miss breaking $700. So I stay and we won't get there. I go and we will but I'll miss it.

Life is so hard sometimes.
Why get out?

Drove by the Torrance CA Del Amo Mall store today.

They had one Model Y and one Model S in stock in the parking lot plus whatever they had in the showroom. They usually have about a dozen cars in stock in the parking lot.

Also a dozen V3 Superchargers installed in parking lot but tapped off and not in service yet.

Checked here in Ireland. All available cars seem to say Demo, even the ones with no mileage on them. Nice discounts for a few km on the clock.

FF7370D3-7AF6-4152-9CCE-BC2861FDBF7A.jpeg

well, i kind of agree with the headline -- the key point being "if it wanted to", and the 2015 dateline. There WAS a time when the major manufacturers could have snuffed out Tesla through brute force of capital investment. But that time has long since passed. It's far, far too late now. The mortal blows have already been struck. They're all bleeding to death and i doubt they even realize it yet.
I doubt that even in 2015 they could have. They were only six years out of bankruptcy (which I recall was in 2009) and really had to show their stockholders they were profitable, which wouldn't have happened if they started on an aggressive EV path.

You pick the winner and position and your advisor gets paid a percentage of your gain? There is something very wrong about this. I can't figure out why anyone would have an advisor and any buy or sell order of any amount costing more than $9 is too much.
Agreed. I was going to post something like 'momma always told me, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all,' but decided I shouldn't say anything.

Our wealth manager has an "exit plan" for me which he will call about "after Christmas." I've informed him nature already has three scenarios. My wife already knows my deathbed advice: "Don't sell TSLA."

HODLAD.
GREAT idea, Prof!! I dunno about most of what you just said, but I know I want this to be the pedestrian warning sound on my new Model X!!-

Hodl-lad-ay-ee-ooooo

-The hot new sound!

Last edited:
Why get out?
The original plan was to make enough to double my pension from age 60 or so. Since I knew nothing back then (18 months ago) I had this vague idea that when I reached a certain amount (again, thought that would be in 2028) I should diversify everything into something that gave me 10% a year with low risk and that would be that.

Of course thanks to reading every single post in this thread since then I now know better.

Nailed it.
Pot hole on the ski mountain road that is. No harm, sunny day skiing despite.

Shout out to Tesla who got us a flatbed at the top of Snowbowl free of charge. (Yes we are all in the model Y pictured while in tow - our new self drive.) Will be better when FSD can avoid holes in roads. Next time.

Attachments

• 20201230_155011.jpg
    20201230_155011.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 64