Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps wait and try to "buy the dip". Or just play the long game and plunge in.

TIming is hard. I bought a large number of Jan 2023 OTM LEAPS a week ago at the absolutely worst time (I was kicking myself afterwards) but they are up over 25% already (vs. 5.7% for TSLA).

Ok. That increased my confidence. Feeling better (that the bigger fish are supporting the idea). I am buying one for the taxable acct and will wait for the dip for the IRAs.

What is the reasoning of buying OTM LEAPS when (it seems) you can easily buy ITM ones? Is that because of higher leverage/returns? Appreciate.

• Disagree
Reactions: Bet TSLA
Hmm, yeah I'd be curious too. Here in KC we have chargepoint chargers all over the place. Parking garages, the zoo, parks, grocery stores, businesses etc. I only use superchargers when I go on long trips. These L2s I've used randomly to opportunity charge or if I happened to have been out all day and wanted to charge at the gym or store.
Do you not charge at home? I only use Superchargers for long trips, too, but for all local trips home charging is sufficient (convenient and cheap, too).

Hello all, been off on twitter for quite a while and only checked in here occasionally the last couple of years after being here daily since late 2012. Like others I'm sure my TSLA holdings have grown substantially, looking for ways to use options to gain more profits. Covered calls don't seem worth the risk, however, I've been playing with some synthetic stock positions that look better than holding stock regardless of which way stock moves. Any option experts interested in discussing off board?

Reactions: Mike Ambler
Underground people mover could link to Allegiant Stadium next year

Excuse me if this is old, but...

"The first planned step out of the convention center is to be an extension to Encore, where a separate tunnel leading to a station there could be finished in conjunction with the early January date, Hill said. The second step would be connecting the under-construction Resorts World Las Vegas property sometime after it opens around mid-2021.

New tunnels could be dug relatively quickly, Hill said, with it taking between a couple of weeks and a month to bore a mile of tunnel."

and

"Elon Musk’s Tesla-based underground people-mover system could link the Las Vegas Convention Center and [Allegiant] stadium as early as the start of the 2021 NFL season, according to Steve Hill, Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority CEO."

So, taking Troy's timeline spreadsheet:

Tesla Upcoming Events

With FSD as subscription launched in Q1/2021 as listed as very likely, is it fair to assume we're seeing a Robotaxi MVP or v1.0 in Q1/2021 in Las Vegas? Maybe as early as end of January?

Happy New Year, everyone!

Underground people mover could link to Allegiant Stadium next year

Excuse me if this is old, but...

"The first planned step out of the convention center is to be an extension to Encore, where a separate tunnel leading to a station there could be finished in conjunction with the early January date, Hill said. The second step would be connecting the under-construction Resorts World Las Vegas property sometime after it opens around mid-2021.

New tunnels could be dug relatively quickly, Hill said, with it taking between a couple of weeks and a month to bore a mile of tunnel."

and

"Elon Musk’s Tesla-based underground people-mover system could link the Las Vegas Convention Center and [Allegiant] stadium as early as the start of the 2021 NFL season, according to Steve Hill, Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority CEO."

So, taking Troy's timeline spreadsheet:

Tesla Upcoming Events

With FSD as subscription launched in Q1/2021 as listed as very likely, is it fair to assume we're seeing a Robotaxi MVP or v1.0 in Q1/2021 in Las Vegas? Maybe as early as end of January?

Happy New Year, everyone!

Also, if you add the work that Ark-Invest has already done, $1T seems very likely if Las Vegas-Tesla autonomous works out. It'll only take 2021 to determine if its executable.

Tesla Price Target: Tesla's Potential Trajectory During the Next Five Years

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 12.43.18 PM.png

Same. I think that's moving from a "poor" mindset (I want to buy stuff) to a "rich" mindset (I want my wealth to grow). My roadster buying target was somewhere below this, now it's 1k but decent chance that moves up as well.
I think I'll buy a semi and do an RV conversion before I ever buy a roadster. Buying a roadster is perhaps more about mindset, than about money.

Do you not charge at home? I only use Superchargers for long trips, too, but for all local trips home charging is sufficient (convenient and cheap, too).
I do. When I use the public chargers it's usually if I'm just charging for the heck of it to get better parking, or some weird situation where I was out all day and want to top off a bit while I'm out before I do something else. Perhaps the lack superchargers in my region are part of this. Sometimes I'll use them when not needed just to help the network with volume, other times the business is paying for the power so it's free.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jhm
Some State/local facilities (parks, museums, zoos, etc) in my area have ChargePoint chargers that are free. Its awesome to go for a 2-3 hour hike and get some free energy and a front row parking spot. You might want to sign up for a free account so you can get yet another advantage of being smarter than the majority of people on this earth.
So accounts are free, but not a paid subscription.

As a consumer, I'm all in favor of free stuff, but investors will want solid subscription revenue.