Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy New Year to all the HODLs!
How did Arizona get skipped over for Tequila deliveries. I’m saving one for when the Cybertruck and I guess one more for the next Million since the bottles arrived after the first one :)

Thanks to everyone here along with Catherine Woods and all the believers who said Tesla would be where it is today.
Indeed, given that we exited 2020 w. the SP equivalent to $3,525 (pre-split), the Ark Invest "Golden Goose" scenario of $22K / share by 2025 is just a 58% CAGR from here for 4 years.

TSLA's historical CAGR since IPO is 62%. In Sep 2020, Elon stated he thinks things are about to speed up.

FSD/Robotaxi is the wings on that "Golden Goose". Jus' sayin'... :D

Cheers!

We're in uncertain macro territory. A large stock market decline is very possible, and we don't know how long it would last. Tesla is better positioned than many others to ride out a period of economic calamity and also expand its market, but TSLA could go down a little or a lot before things get better. I'm not saying this will happen. I'm reacting to the certainty some people seem to have that TSLA will continue to go up. I believe it will in the long run, but the short and medium term could be different.

I agree with this. But I'm less worried about an extended downturn with TSLA than any other high-flyer I've owned (and there have been a lot). IMO, Tesla is growing too fast to have an extended downturn that never seems to end. Of course, people these days seems more impatient than I am accustomed to. I'm not kidding, some get antsy after a month of no new highs, LOL! I'm more than willing to wait a year or a bit longer to make new highs. It's really no big deal unless you were planning to spend the money right away anyway. Because the growth it does display, during periods of high share price growth, more than make up for the stagnant periods.

Since we’re getting into Q1 and I’ve already seen a couple posts mention seasonality, I’d like to remind people that if it hadn’t been for COVID not letting Tesla deliver cars in the final 3 weeks in Q1 2020, they would have been very close to Q4 2019. They would have only had a very small dip from their strongest quarter to their weakest.

Point being, I think Tesla has hit price points where seasonality is not going to be a thing for them for a while.

Last edited:
I woke up to some extra cash in my account courtesy of ARKK's $2.04/share dividend. I didn't even know they paid dividends. Thanks Cathie!

I wonder what the Ex-Dividend date is. I purchased my shares on the 29th :oops:

Edit: I bought ARKG on the 28th and received their dividend. Womp womp

Final edit: I purchased on the 29th after an $8 fall from the 28th. I no longer care about the dividend :p

Last edited:
Since we’re getting into Q1 and I’ve already seen a couple posts mention seasonality, I’d like to remind people that if it hadn’t been for COVID not letting Tesla deliver cars in the final 3 weeks in Q1 2020, the would have been very close to Q4 2019. They would have only had a very small dip from their strongest quarter to their weakest.

Point being, I think Tesla has hit price points where seasonality is not going to be a thing for them for a while.
We may see a similar thing happen Q1 2022 with MIG Model Y, although the shock surprise aspect is not repeatable.

Reactions: capster
she constantly reminded me how stupid I was.

Then the recovery happened and she once again urged me to sell it all.

Through it all I held fast, determined to stick to my plan which I still to this day feel is 100% justified.

Then I became a Teslanaire.

Then the split happened

Good for you! Do you miss her?

Cheers!

Happy New Year's to all!

My wife just realized we have _.6 million dollars in TSLA stock and now wants to sell a bunch.

What do I do?!
.6 million? So 600,000? If it’s $6 million I would agree with her. After all it’s not good to get too rich. Seems like the overall conservative estimate is that TSLA should easily double on average every year for at least the next ten years. Do you really want to be worth over $12 in a year or two?

TSLA Closing SP on Dec 31, 2019 was $418.33 (pre-split). Today's Close was $705.67 * 5 (pre-split).

That means TSLA's Share Price is +743% in 2020.

TSLA's increase in Market Cap is something else again, due to the increased number of shares:

$674.52B* / $75.40B = +795% TSLA Mkt Cap gain in 2020

View attachment 623082

Cheers!

*Est'd Mkt Cap including ~8M shares issued on Dec 11, 2020
Thanks for checking this. I read the 680% figure off of a chart from Nasdaq.com and am not sure why it would be so far off. Now looking at the same source a day later, it reads 720%. So this graphical source seems unreliable.

Looking rather at the historical prices (post-split), Nasdaq is reporting a close of $705.67 on12/31/2020 and $83.666 on 12/31/2019. This is indeed a gain of 743.44%.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
After-action Report: Thu, Dec 31, 2020: (Full Year's Trading)

Traded: $4,911,869,774,752.18 ($4.91 Trillion)​
So, how long before that's the market cap? (sorry, couldn't resist).:D

Seriously though, like many of the mid-termers, I too hit the first mile$tone yesterday, if only for a couple of hours.

My most humble thanks to the smart, passionate and humorous folk here. You were all needed to transform the Tesla story for me, from a fundamental key to the modern lifestyle / planetary destruction conundrum (I've been following since the 2003 "watch this space" words on endless-sphere.com), to TSLA and the personal life changing opportunity that is this stock.

Again, Thanks and Buon 2021! :)

I agree the market can always decline, especially after such strong 2020, but I am don't see what you said about 2021 as being in "uncertain macro territory". Could you elaborate?

Getting very off topic but it is the weekend.

In the United States the Federal Reserve has shown they are committed to printing as much money as needed to keep things going until at least 2023. This is my understanding of the last couple FOMC meetings. I think we will see higher highs across the major indexes for the next several years.

This is not investment advice.

Lots of posts on Twitter now about how model Y has reached over 100k orders in a few hours.

NIO stockprice might take a hit on Monday.
I don't see NIO that much affected. With the battery lease option (BAAS) , the purchase price of a EC6 ( $46 k)is lower than the Y. And with that lower price the buyer get still an aditional incentive.
Second, the EC6 is more luxurious than the Y.