Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So to get serious, and tie this back to TSLA and the stock market: This is actually a big thing. Yes it's a fringe group of people who would do something like this. BUT they are like canaries in the coal mine and this event could foreshadow very bad times for the US in 2021, which definately would be like sticking a pole in the spinning bicycle wheel that the current bull market is, which TSLA is most definately enjoying the momentum of.

Absolutely agree. The one thing the market has been most concerned about is stability and a peaceful transition of power. Red/blue, Trump/Biden, etc. really matters so much less (to TSLA and the market) in comparison. I think the market started believing that despite some hinky stuff, we'd have a peaceful transition, as evidenced by the end of year rally. That belief has been turned on its head today.

EDIT to say it's not time to panic, and this will hopefully remain an isolated event involving very few people. But it's a very important inflection point. The next few hours and days will be critical.

Alright, I stop now and start selling off.
Been a nice few years. Thanks all.
0D37127D-A631-4976-9FA8-1B1CBDB9A4BD.jpeg

Yeah, so I’m here to talk about Tesla.... So less off-topic, is Elon Musk going to be the richest person in the world at close today?
NO. Because he takes no salary from Tesla and while he owns 20% or so of the stock in TSLA, he has recently been getting tranches of stock options, which haven't vested yet. They're not worth anything. You can argue that they will be worth something, but, does that really make you rich?

Clean up in aisle... eh, all aisles. This political discussion is derailing, and it stops now. No more politics. Many posts have been removed and more will follow retroactively.

~~~And several dozen more also deleted. However any got into their minds that this thread is a bit-by-bit news show had best get that out right now. “But it’s important”, while true, is NOT RELEVANT to this thread.~~~