Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The question I pose today is this:

When the post-election/certification euphoria subsides and the broad market cools off shortly, what will TSLA do?

Nearly all the tech stocks I track are up more than 5% today, not just TSLA. That is crazy.

The overall stock market has defied all logic this year. I think it has to cool off, but who knows.

When the post-election/certification euphoria subsides and the broad market cools off shortly, what will TSLA do?

That's easy!

They will keep building the best cars in the world as fast as they can make them and continue to sign up new installers to rollout their solar roof product as quickly as feasible while simultaneously working to make more batteries quicker, in ever increasing volumes while reducing unit costs. ;)

Let's look at this from another angle: would somebody making $50,000 / year be in favour of using their hard-earned tax dollars to give a discount to somebody making $200,000+ / year to buy a car

I'm a day behind, so don't know if this has been addressed. But at least in the US, that is not how the tax credit works. The rich aren't getting money from the poor. The car buyer just gets a small reduction in their own tax bill, which if you are rich, is too high already (close to 50% federal and state).

Boeing's Autopilot is much more "automatic" than Tesla's Autopilot. Here's the difference:

When the human tries to take over from Tesla's Autopilot, the car just "gives up" and immediately hands full control back to the driver. It has a crippling lack of confidence with which to over-ride driver commands.

With the Boeing Autopilot, when the human decides things are definitely not right and it is necessary to take over to avoid crashing into the ground, the Autopilot says "Oh no you don't" and re-takes control. This can happen multiple times before the Autopilot drives the plane into the ground.

Tesla's Autopilot lacks self-confidence and thus is too weak to be called "autopilot". ;)

With all due respect, I hope you were joking.
As a current airline pilot, this is not at all how our autopilot works. That’s the simple answer as I can also select multiple levels of automation.. ie hand flying , but authrottles controlling my airpspeed is one type of level etc. Simply put, when I need to be in complete control, disconnecting the autopilot gives me instant control of the aircraft and as such one needs to be ready to actively be controlling it.

In my Boeing 757/767, when I disconnect the autopilot, I’m in complete control of the plane instantly.

You may be confusing what you have heard about the 737 Max accidents.

I’ve flown the Airbus before as well, which has a more sophisticated autopilot and fly by wire controls with multiple levels of automation. In the Bus without getting too much into it, there are scenarios where the plane will try to “protect itself” in certain flight envelopes, but those ultimately can be overridden as well.

Tesla FSD and flight automation are a poor comparison.

Last edited:
I'm a day behind, so don't know if this has been addressed. But at least in the US, that is not how the tax credit works. The rich aren't getting money from the poor. The car buyer just gets a small reduction in their own tax bill, which if you are rich, is too high already (close to 50% federal and state).
You are just in the wrong state.

Mod: Do not attempt to re-start state rivalry discussion. --ggr.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nearly all the tech stocks I track are up more than 5% today, not just TSLA. That is crazy.
Shorts are abandoning this ship and that alone provides me with so much comfort. Do AAPL holders worry it's gonna crash when macros turn sour? We eat 10, 20% crashes for breakfast yo.

With all due respect, I hope you were joking.
As a current airline pilot, this is not at all how our autopilot works. That’s the simple answer as I can also select multiple levels of automation.. ie hand flying , but authrottles controlling my airpspeed is one type of level etc. Simply put, when I need to be in complete control, disconnecting the autopilot gives me instant control of the aircraft and as such one needs to be ready to actively be controlling it.

In my Boeing 757/767, when I disconnect the autopilot, I’m in complete control of the plane instantly.

You may be confusing what you have heard about the 737 Max accidents.

I’ve flown the Airbus before as well, which has a more sophisticated autopilot and fly by wire controls with multiple levels of automation. In the Bus without getting too much into it, there are scenarios where the plane will try to “protect itself” in certain flight envelopes, but those ultimately can be overridden as well.

Tesla FSD and flight automation are a poor comparison.
Not knowing more than what was reported in the NYT two to three years ago regarding the 737 max, no one in a tesla is reaching underneath the control panel disable the autopilot system. Presumably this level of disabling is not on all aircraft...

• Disagree
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Tesla's S&P 500 Inclusion Part 2: Predicting the transformation of the TSLA float

@FrankSG nailed this analysis... he predicted SP had chance of > $800 back in November.. i need to remind myself that the TMC forum analysis is always way ahead of the market ...

it is truly an honor to be part of this "virtual investment club" ... the work submitted here is second to none and those who have invested their time here have reaped some pretty handsome rewards ....

now back to work ...o_O

And not the least to Cathie Wood. I cannot even start to imagine the FUDs she has had to fight through and now the satisfaction seeing the stock price at her price target. And I have a sneaky feeling the ARK team is waiting for all these folks to put out their reports and then smoke them again with their latest report

almost six years to the day
Tesla, the Apple of autos: Pro

Rumor: GM To Produce Ultium-Based Electric Honda And Acura (insideevs.com)

And the progression is going as predicted. Legacy autos are failing and/or consolidating.

The partnership between General Motors and Honda soon might enter a new level and include joint production of new Ultium-based electric cars in North America.

According to Automotive News' unofficial sources, there is a plan to launch an electric Honda and electric Acura crossovers, produced in GM plants, within four years from now.

The first would be produced - reportedly - at GM's plant in Ramos Arizpe, Mexico (currently engaged in Chevrolet Blazer and Equinox), while the second, at GM's plant in Spring Hill, Tennessee (alongside Cadillac Lyriq).

Actually, within the exact same time period of 1 year, NIO I believe has risen more than TSLA. What is extremely surprising, however, was that TSLA was able to appreciate at this level when it was already a large-cap stock initially.
Also, would many have had the conviction to invest all their cash in NIO?

Shorts are abandoning this ship and that alone provides me with so much comfort. Do AAPL holders worry it's gonna crash when macros turn sour? We eat 10, 20% crashes for breakfast yo.

You're not a real tech investor until you've taken an 80% drop - and then made it back up! I was an NVDA shareholder from 2008 until recently, and lemme tell ya TSLA's "volatility" doesn't even rank here in Silicon Valley