Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I have at last, after beyond a half century in existence, grokked a full and complete understanding of the term "giddy" for the first time.

So, with that behind me, Giddy-up!

I'm with you! Only thing that would make this day complete beyond closing above $900 would be if SN9 launched and stuck the landing.

Crude oil has been on a pretty stiff climb since November, which is probably helping TSLA:
upload_2021-1-8_13-49-7.png

Last edited:
Heavy Friday lunch for traders today...guess that explains the walk down? :rolleyes:
Following NDX down.
Joe Manchin said he wouldn't support 2K stimulus checks..dragging the market down a bit
The market averages have pulled back over the last hour after relatively conservative West Virginia US Democratic Senator Joe Manchin said he will not support boosting stimulus payments up to $2000. That also was a drag on TSLA. A rebound may have begun as investors begin to realize that some Republican senators have indicated they favor the plan.

Joe Manchin said he wouldn't support 2K stimulus checks..dragging the market down a bit

There's >50 votes even w/o him. No pressure from McConnell, so there's a tad of bipartisan support. He tends to be a dissenting vote more often when the are no consequences. But it's certainly possible some retail traders are unaware. In any case, shouldn't be a major factor.

OT: Get used to hearing Manchin's name often the next 2 years. With a 50/50 Senate and a Dem president, he becomes a BMOC (big man on campus).

This guy could have a HUGE effect on proposals to accelerate the transition to renewable energy. TSLA will do well regardless.

I'd suggest reading about past generations where tremendous wealth building has occurred in certain groups of investments (and, subsequently, investors) and find out what happens to them and their families as a result (over a generation and multiple generations). I did. Money does seem to magnify personality and behavior...as well as things that can happen in the good and bad.

I'm interested in this type of reading, do you have any specific suggestions?

Reactions: Stone_Watcher
Just this morning I have started thinking about updating our 2015 85D. Plan has always been to drive it for a decade, but now like why? Get it into the used car inventory. Only thing holding me back is waiting for a refresh and lifetime free SuperCharging. Then go to the boss.

I still have my '15 85D. They only wanted to give $25K trade-in, but it's worth much more than that to me. Will be passed on to a kid, most likely.

Ok Emmet might be chuckling for a different reason now... ;)

Thanks to all on here for their analysis...there certainly are some 'interesting' personalities on TMC forums/twitter (including myself). Learning how to filter out the noise of people's personalities vs. actual TSLA/Tesla analysis given by those people has been key for my grounding/foundation of Tesla/TSLA knowledge over the past 10 years.

One interesting observation I've learned is that sometimes the most 'eccentric personalities' on these online forums/twitter also have the capability of providing the best analysis/viewpoints on what's going on with regards to Tesla/TSLA.

Love you all regardless and grateful for TMC's existence.

• Funny
Reactions: wipster