Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shenanigans notwithstanding, TSLA is responding to the overall market weakness very nicely, and rebounded hard when the macros started improving. It's exactly what you'd expect (and hope) to see on earnings day, so at least that part of the market is working.

But I wish I knew how WSB's messing with the shorties on a couple of small caps is brining the entire market to its knees. We see problems in single trading platforms often enough (sorry RH, but that'd be you), and across all of them once in a while, like on S&P inclusion, but to have the entire market slowed down so much for an hour after the bell is not something I remember.

Anyone have a theory on what's going on behind the scenes? Is it simply the unusual overall volume slowing things down, or something more nefarious? Why are all platforms so affected?

I don't invest in companies that I don't know, but it's good to hear the people have a new voice.

Exactly, I think people are realizing they can essentially vote with their trades. I like the way Chamath phrased it back in December when TSLA had a big run up.
67E3588B-4574-4267-BA7B-A93E2FBD2720.jpeg

I am glad TSLA has no part in all these market shenanigans.

I'm also glad there isn't a major runup prior to earnings. Bodes well I think.

Ya. It's almost like the market suffered an amnesia and forgot that TSLA has earnings today.

I took the chance to enter the same trade as Nancy Pelosi's TSLA calls.

Not so far. Hydrogen cars have a "don't use after" date and require periodic dealer checks (one of the primary reasons why hydrogen gets promoted).
Bloch addressed many myths of Fuel Cells in one of his Videos (in german, though):

One myth: FuelCells won't wear out. They do.
The have to kept moist on the thin layer where things happen. And if you use it in a car & accelerate fast or draw too much current too fast it gets hot, can dry out & that part of the cell is then basically broken.

They degrade around the same amount as (tesla-)batteries do (with tesla-bmc) and roughly half as fast as the other evs on the road.

Both techniques can still be optimised ;)

Ya. It's almost like the market suffered an amnesia and forgot that TSLA has earnings today.

I took the chance to enter the same trade as Nancy Pelosi's TSLA calls.
I was about to post Nancy Trades Calls here. It's saying a lot right there.
Do elected officials have to announce their trades, or is she just spiking the punch and announced it herself?

I was about to post Nancy Trades Calls here. It's saying a lot right there.
Do elected officials have to announce their trades, or is she just spiking the punch and announced it herself?

It's her husband's investment firm
They say that there's no transfer of information between the two. But we all pretend to believe it.

It's her husband's investment firm
They say that there's no transfer of information between the two. But we all pretend to believe it.

There's really no nefarious reason in a billionaire throwing some loose change at TSLA. It's not like they are trying to pump up a retirement fund so they can finally retire or that he needed her permission to make an investment. 25 calls. 25. Y'all are serious?????

The GME & AMC battles are very fun for me to watch. The smell of shorts burning in the morning goes well with my coffee.
It does remind me that I am not an investor or gambler at my core. My money is in Tesla and renewable projects. My investments have to be doing good.
I am liking the slow steady rise of TSLA up to this afternoon's news. Maybe this year there will not be 'sell on the news'.
Enough said, back to the show already in progress on another thread...

OT shout out/ poke to Tesla:

I would not want Tesla to have to deal directly with the USPS, but I think that they would be an awesome Tier 1 for a company that could build and support the NGDV.

Full electric ecosystem
Telemetry system
Heat pump for winter efficiency
2 and 4 wheel drive variants
Low floors for easy cargo access
Passive entry/ start system
Auto parking brake
Charging tech
Solar and storage deploy at all post offices
FSD/ autopilot for safety and park and loop routes (smart summon dog mode)
Basically, everything but body/ chassis/ interior.

The fleet uses a high amount of fuel per year, so the 165k or so vehicles would give a higher than average emmissions reduction impact.

I was involved with the NGDV RFQ, and I've often thought about about buying an LLV and merging it with an X or Y to show off the concept; but without Tesla support, it could easily result in a sea of warning lights and broken functions.
Surely they could tick off your checklist with a modified X or Y for mail delivery and similar military uses without too much trouble - for just ONE variant - resulting in a competitive 1 - or 2 person vehicle that will put all the competing EVs for that niche to shame... And MAYBE... I'm hoping just MAYBE they'd make a civilian version available as a delivery/camping van so I'll have my dream Tesla come true!

Does anyone know whether Melvin Capital's prior short position in **TSLA** was only to hedge its convertible bond position in **TSLA** or Melvin had a genuine net short position in ***TSLA***?

There is speculation that such a prior short position in ** TSLA** explains the recent tweet by Musk (CEO of **TSLA**) in an effort to add some nails to the Melvin Capital coffin (who previously took a short position in **TSLA**)

[smh]