Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've made the mistake of arguing with ppl about elon's 420 funding secured tweet. Which bring me back to SEC corruption. It's a nice rabbit hole to dig into.

I got some retiring official's accusation of revolving doors and ppl actually don't prosecute big wallstreet execs because they want a job there. But other than that, any other SEC corruption we are aware of?

I met an SEC official once; friend of a friend at a picnic of sorts. Nice enough person on the face of it but clearly thought they were something special when a brief talk about ‘what do you do for a living’ came up. A kind of ‘I’m powerful and can make other people’s lives a living hell if they don’t follow my rules’ vibe. Frankly, wasn’t a surprise when I also learned they had dogs, not cats.

What about if he invested $1 Billion in watermelon futures and then built GigaFactories on all the watermelon fields?
trading-places-copylab1.png

I am looking forward to earnings call discussion on
2020 results
2021 guidance
FSD progress and robotaxi
S/X refresh & Plaid
Semi production update
Cybertruck update
Factory build-outs and future plans
Battery news
Solar related updates
Perspective on US government green opportunities
Adding to that list: any news for solar roof direct option for new home construction, and is tesla planning to build/own the machines that make the cars and batteries, ie the casting machines and battery production machines....

Reactions: EVortex
I am looking forward to earnings call discussion on
2020 results
2021 guidance
FSD progress and robotaxi
S/X refresh & Plaid
Semi production update
Cybertruck update
Factory build-outs and future plans
Battery news
Solar related updates
Perspective on US government green opportunities
If you think there will be discussions on all of that on the earnings call you are probably going to leave disappointed. I dont think we should be setting the bar that high.

They already do that, what are you looking for? (I wouldn't expect any partnerships announced.)

I would love to see partnerships with home builders. I recently reached out to Toll Brothers to see if I could have a house built with a solar roof in one of their master planned communities. Their answer was that I would have to rip out the brand new roof after it's built and replace it...providing the HOA approves.