Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could only find enough in the couch for 1 share @ 817. Better than nothing I suppose. :D

I am so hyped with all the 'little' things they announced. I'm sure its going to take the mainstream a few days to digest the road that Tesla is plowing ahead with. Someone had a great recap of the Q3 call and posted it here last time, unfortunately i forget who that was and I wasn't taking notes myself during the call.

It's the Batteries, man! :cool:

So then why announce it in 2017 for release in 2019? It just looks bad. Many of us here make fun of other brands for these kind of delays.

You seriously believe Tesla has a credibility problem, after all you've seen.

Shake my head.

Nobody's holding you at gunpoint to keep your shares. I'll gladly take them!

Just remember, it was supposed to be released in 2019. They’re now saying 2022. This isn’t a slight delay.

Perhaps they were overly optimistic about getting cells from 3rd party supplies.

Once the battery Day tech is ramped and Tesla has a lot more control over future cell volumes, this kind of delay will be more rare.

While it is disappointing for intending purchasers there is no competitor product that ticks the same boxes.
The delay is an opportunity to improve the product.

This is also why they are not revealing future products, they need to catch up on making all announced products, and get cell supply well organized.

Overall the call was very positive, every decision they are making seems well thought out

You seriously believe Tesla has a credibility problem, after all you've seen.

Shake my head.

Nobody's holding you at gunpoint to keep your shares. I'll gladly take them!

I guarantee you can’t afford to buy my shares. Regardless, it’s just funny that we can be so hypocritical here. The delays of the roadster and semi are laughable. Go back and watch the roadster reveal. Elon says “we’re making it now”. Sucks putting down that kind of money and still be waiting 4 years later.

I think Elon misunderstood the question from institutional investors regarding commercializing robotaxi, where he focused on the technical hurdles to making FSD work (e.g. video labeling). But people are trying to understand the roadmap to the commercial rollout of robotaxi - basically what will Tesla Network look like and how will it scale? ARK has hypotheticals on the subject but nobody knows what Tesla intends to do, but it's really the trillion dollar question if you believe FSD will become real in the near future.

I guarantee you can’t afford to buy my shares. Regardless, it’s just funny that we can be so hypocritical here. The delays of the roadster and semi are laughable. Go back and watch the roadster reveal. Elon says “we’re making it now”. Sucks putting down that kind of money and still be waiting 4 years later.

LOL, look at the date I joined this forum. Then consider when I probably bought my shares, and what they are worth now.

But you're right, I can't afford them because all of my money is in TSLA already.

Well they could make the semi now....Elon said it is ready.
They decided not to because they can't do volume production due to battery constraint's.

Now if you want to invest in a company that promises AND delivers a few compliance vehicles they are many to choose from.

So then why announce it in 2017 for release in 2019? It just looks bad. Many of us here make fun of other brands for these kind of delays.
They weren't positive they'd continue having the high class of demand problem that they do, so filled the pipe with products to grow their TAM.

Fortunately they still have that problem, so the smart thing to do is make as many of their amazing cars at they can.

I don't have a link handy, but I did a calculation here a few weeks ago on how much those early Roadsters reservations really cost based on the appreciation of TSLA.

Those folks got hosed. Deliveries probably won't even start until 2023 soonest.