Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found out who's selling TSLA... It's Toyota?

upload_2021-1-29_11-24-59.png

Anyway, wishing them luck on reaching parity with Gasoline ;)

Correct, but precision is not accuracy. Not even in TSLA.
I was ribbing @AudubonB a bit there. But let’s consider it.

In reality 1000, 1036 and 1050 are equally precise numbers. Psychologically maybe not.

Yet, if a person has a model that spits out 1036 and that model is their best effort, should they then round the forecast down or up to imply something about precision at the expense of reducing whatever accuracy that forecast may have?

Given that analysts are numerically rated in public and that the ones that aren’t shills probably care about their ratings, I would expect such analysts to say "no" and go with their best guess.

(And, to preempt all you cut ups out there, I know "it’s only a model." :p )

Electrek - 6 minutes ago: Tesla Model S and Model X sales are spiking, but some buyers are not happy about pricing - Electrek

Excerpts:

Sources familiar with Tesla’s sale operations told Electrek that Tesla is now seeing a spike in Model S and Model X sales that hasn’t been seen since the release of the Model S P100D ‘Ludicrous’ four years ago.

Tesla is keeping numbers close to its chest, but channel checks show a massive increase in sales of the new vehicles despite the increase in price...

To appease owners who are frustrated with their Model S order placed before the refresh was announced this week, Tesla has authorized to offer a $2,000 price adjustment, and the price of the FSD remains the same as it was when the order was placed.

It's Friday, which implies a weekly options expiration. By far the greatest TSLA option interest and volume at today's expiration is in puts at the $800 strike. Closing above that may be a prime objective for big option writers (mainly hedge funds and market makers) capable of share price manipulation.

They certainly are trying hard to keep it below $800. Tesla shorts be pissed and fighting hard to win today - and offset some other losses.

upload_2021-1-29_11-53-20.png

Reactions: phantasms
Gee, but it hurts to increase the average cost of the shares...so it goes!
I started selling the lowest one's first, just in case someone decides to tax cap gains in an IRA for some stupid reason... in the future. So my ave is very close to current price, by design, which also means I sold my $420.69 share (presplit). Bummer kinda.

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-29_12-4-17.png
    upload_2021-1-29_12-4-17.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Informative
Reactions: LN1_Casey
Just wondering, does anyone else trade just using the TSLA summary chart? I think it's quite simple with less noise.

Tempt me more bastards!!!

View attachment 631961

Haha... cannot believe we put in those orders within seconds of each other on the same platform. Much smaller couch for searching dry powder though
upload_2021-1-29_13-19-12.png