Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As to how it could work, it could have a variable ratio which other cars have had in the past. FSD also knows the speed the car is travelling and the curvature of the road. When Autopilot is engaged, FSD has to take corners. So if it has a variable ratio, FSD can assist in choosing the right ratio for the situation.

Not how it could work but how it will work. My Golf R had it and it was a blast to run mountain passes with it. Ratio is of course speed dependend. For a 180 degree hairpin nearly no need to move your hands from the 9 / 3 o’clock position. Steering and suspensions of the Golf is way above my 3 Performance (and the black head liners :]).

Reactions: MC3OZ
Dojo NN training services have substantial opportunities for security/law enforcement applications.

on a serious note, having a data lake of life video feet around the globe AND a supercomputer system that can query real-time data from this might be the most unappreciated aspect of the fsd efforts at tesla. Even if tesla never achieves true robotaxi but has a compelling l4 system with this backend is huge for data analytics and selling access to it. IMHO

This morning my son told me to check out the GM site and also the Chevy site.

How should I put it? The rebranded GM site is now all rainbows and unicorns.

The Chevy site, um, isn’t. Still just "Get your giant rolling oil-burners here!"

GM: Pushing the Limits of Transportation & Technology (Pushing the limits of credibility more like. Sigh, but Washington will pretend to fall for it and shovel more money into the furnace.)
Chevrolet Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Crossovers and Vans

Of course. That way "GM" can pretend they are transitioning and that they care about EVs, while they also keep promoting and selling their gas guzzlers.

It's far less expensive to make a new logo.
Wonder how much it cost to come up with a new gm logo that, if tilted, reads "elon"?
Money well spent, no doubt.

Last edited:
Id say GM’s logo change was extremely accurate. Went from big bold number one car maker to smaller manufacturer.
force equals mass times acceleration
g is the symbol for acceleration due to gravity
m is the symbol for mass
force has the symbol f
So...
f=ma=mg=gm=GM=F
Thus, Ford and GM are the same thing and represent the force holding them down.

I give up. Where?

Hey I know that car! My father had one and I have driven it shortly after getting my driver's license.

The turn signal was a rocker switch that you can see on the left, along other switches such as lights on the right, located on the "satellites" on each side of the display.

These switches were easy to reach with your fingers without losing grip of the wheel.

Here in the UK that has implications for insurance. Some insurance providers won't touch wrapped vehicles, others will up to a certain value and often it increases the premium. You also have to inform the DVLA of the colour change to the vehicle. A nice premium wrap here would set you back a lot more than Tesla's current colour options (even Multicoat Red). And on a lease vehicle that might be prohibitively expensive - plus you'd need to have the wrap removed before handing the car back. So it's actually a fair bit of extra hassle and expense compared to the car coming in a different colour from the factory.

UK - when Model 3 came out, insurance companies & decent quotes were hard to find. Adding a wrap would have reduced options & raised prices. At least one insurer didn't know what it was (nor did I before Tesla forum stalking)

• Informative
Reactions: capster
At least some of our down week is definitely attributable to the WBS madness. Hedge funds screwing up the economy, who could have imagined that?

9tuq1ne8xne61.jpg

Weekend Speculation

it is interesting how they are setting up at least 1 possibly 3 (or more) Gigapresses very early in Austin, and I don't think they did that at Berlin.

Could these be the bigger machines for the Cybertruck?

Well the machine they are setting up sure is big, but it might be hard to compare to the size of the Fremont presses.
IIRC we have seen confirmation of a bigger casting machine for the CT in Austin. Of course presses and casting machines are often mixed up.

As an FYI - I have heard people in various online forums saying or implying that the elimination of the turn signal stalks on the steering wheel is some devious Elon plot, alongside implications as to their legality; as well as general opposition to this idea.

This is not a new idea. These were found at least as far back as 12 years ago in 2009 when Ferrari launched them on the 2010 Ferrari 458.

The purpose of this was to be able to have your hands not leave the wheel - particularly when driving enthusiastically. Another benefit is that the signals are always available to your hands on the wheel regardless of how much it is turned.

ferrari-458-interior.jpg
So then what the heck is the START button doing on the steering wheel?

Man, that Ferrari-yellow tach is cool.

I always felt Tesla should come up with various (legal) instantiations of a virtual instrument cluster on the display, kind of like how the Apple Watch has various face options.
YES! AND details should be customizable. Tesla could see what users choose and learn what we like.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreet...ortant_gme_short_attack_tactics_predicted_in/

Does ALL of this look familiar? It should. The shorts ran this entire playbook against us. For YEARS. The reality is that GME's fight is our fight, and always was. We won because Elon doesn't know the meaning of the word 'quit' and he fought the shorts to a standstill, but Gamestop still needs help. We have to stop them from destroying yet another company with their dirty and illegal tactics!

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreet...ortant_gme_short_attack_tactics_predicted_in/

Does ALL of this look familiar? It should. The shorts ran this entire playbook against us. For YEARS. The reality is that GME's fight is our fight, and always was. We won because Elon doesn't know the meaning of the word 'quit' and he fought the shorts to a standstill, but Gamestop still needs help. We have to stop them from destroying yet another company with their dirty and illegal tactics!

was thinking the same. most noteworthy for me -- besides the FUD attacks -- was the short ladder tactic. seen so many times in TSLA where it's being nudged down down the lower BB

Last edited:

Yeah, it isn't as if GameStop is a great company (it isn't particularly), it is more that I hate short sellers and what they do.

To be sure, this activity will materially help GameStop. First, their revenues are spiking because people are shopping in the stores just to support an underdog. Second, if GameStop management has any brains, they will issue stock soon to raise $$. That gives them even more breathing room to transform the company into something sustainable.

At any rate, I'm going to buy like 15 shares tomorrow at the open, just because. Throw away money for me, I just want to be part of it.

Yeah, it isn't as if GameStop is a great company (it isn't particularly), it is more that I hate short sellers and what they do.

To be sure, this activity will materially help GameStop. First, their revenues are spiking because people are shopping in the stores just to support an underdog. Second, if GameStop management has any brains, they will issue stock soon to raise $$. That gives them even more breathing room to transform the company into something sustainable.

At any rate, I'm going to buy like 15 shares tomorrow at the open, just because. Throw away money for me, I just want to be part of it.
A stock split, in the form of a dividend (like TSLA did), would really be the death knell for these miscreants!

A stock split, in the form of a dividend (like TSLA did), would really be the death knell for these miscreants!

?? Tesla did a stock split, but it wasn’t a dividend. It was just a stock split. Stock splits are capital neutral, they make no difference to the market, except they allow people to buy one share easier.

Ah, I guess that’s what you mean. If they did a 10-1 stock split and made GME shares worth $30 or whatever, more smaller investors would be able to buy without buying fractional shares. There are legit reasons why they don’t want to do that though. Eventually when all this blows over (like in a year), the stock price will come down and no company wants their stock price below $5/share since there could be punted off the exchange if the per share price got too low.

Lets call GameStop for what it is. 1700% increase in two weeks over little change in their business outlook. This is plain and simple a pump and dump game of monstrous proportions. Fundamentals be damned. Yes, I get it. The small Retail Investors sticking it to the big bad Hedge Funds. With a coordinated effort, buy shear volume of players, the Retail Investors are now able to fight back.

GameStop
Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 12.17.02 PM.png

I don't like the comparison of GME with TSLA. Yes, Tesla was and is continued to be targeted by Hedge Fund short selling, however this is where the similarity ends. Tesla's business model is constantly and continually progressing massively to the upside, making great products and helping to save our planet, justifying their share price run up.

Gamestop needs our help? Not from me. I am fighting the big bad Hedge Funds by continuing to hold and buy more Tesla. Hedge Funds have lost $40B shorting Tesla in 2020 alone. I am doing my part fighting without feeling the need to buy an overinflated, outdated bricks and mortar business with a run up musical chair mentality which will end badly once the game stops and another target is chosen.

?? Tesla did a stock split, but it wasn’t a dividend. It was just a stock split. Stock splits are capital neutral, they make no difference to the market, except they allow people to buy one share easier.

Ah, I guess that’s what you mean. If they did a 10-1 stock split and made GME shares worth $30 or whatever, more smaller investors would be able to buy without buying fractional shares. There are legit reasons why they don’t want to do that though. Eventually when all this blows over (like in a year), the stock price will come down and no company wants their stock price below $5/share since there could be punted off the exchange if the per share price got too low.
Must we go over this debate again? My memory may be going, but I'm pretty sure that tsla did do a dividend split. Without checking any notes; can't see your data here either. And that's why shorty had such trouble finding the true new stock, valued at exactly the same level but only issued to registered share owners. It took some dealers a week to come up with the freshly issued items.