Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, we just touched the Mid-BB ($847.01) after some minutes of effort, so I now expect some technical selling pressure:

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-02-04.12-18.png

Let's see if Wall St. follows their own script, or if some big whale wants to 'pump up the volume' :cool:

Cheers!

Last edited:
As an early reservation holder of the Rivian R1S, I’m more than a bit annoyed that Amazon was able to jump the line and get their vans first. Rivian even used the excuse of the coronavirus as the reason their consumer vehicles weren’t delivered last year, which I guess was total bollocks given the appearance of the Amazon van.
I would not be surprised if Rivian keeps the truck on the back burner for a long time, or at least only makes them in limited amounts. Amazon can absorb their entire output for years.

Again today a coworker come to me at and says “sell all your Tesla stock! Now! You’ll be kicking yourself when it goes to zero, Sophia.”

lol! Don’t they know by now I’ve solidified my confidence in my long term position with this company? (Now I do have plenty in my savings to cover more than I will ever need and two solid jobs).
But, I’m never going to sell. Not today, not tomorrow, not next year, not in 5 years. Period! I may not know everything but I do know this.

Now, what are the catalysts we're expecting for TSLA (and how will we know)?
  • China Jan P&D numbers (but Chinese New Year's holiday is Feb 12-22, 2021)
  • signs of Model 2 factory at Giga Shanghai (an effect may req an announcement)
  • firming up mid-year production start at Giga Berlin (likely emails to customers)
  • wider beta for FSD (with attendent risk of 1st incident)
  • public progress on Kato/Roadrunner (possibly 1st cells go to Giga Berlin)
  • Tesla Semi line starts at Giga Nevada (along with new Panasonic bty cell line)
So, I see steady progress this year. The above list is what I see coming over then next 6 mths.

Cheers!

*c.f. "Diworsification" :p

One more: Plaid deliveries start this month so brace for YouTuber reviews and 1/4 mile drag races. Free advertising.

Again today a coworker come to me at and says “sell all your Tesla stock! Now! You’ll be kicking yourself when it goes to zero, Sophia.”

lol! Don’t they know by now I’ve solidified my confidence in my long term position with this company? (Now I do have plenty in my savings to cover more than I will ever need and two solid jobs).
But, I’m never going to sell. Not today, not tomorrow, not next year, not in 5 years. Period! I may not know everything but I do know this.

why don’t you just tell her you sold everything and you are only in index funds? So she’s not concerned anymore about your stock portfolio. :cool: My Pleasure!

That's part of the reason I don't talk about the stock. They will either assume/know that I'm making a ton of money or give me bad financial advice.

I just got similar advice today from a family member telling me "Apple is making an electric car, you should sell all your TSLA stock, seriously"

Benzinga - hour ago: Could Tesla's Gigafactory Berlin Produce Over 500K Vehicles Annually?

Excerpt:

Gigafactory Berlin is expected to first produce the Tesla Model Y, with other vehicles coming online later. The Berlin factory will be the first to use Tesla's new 4680 battery cells.

Gigafactory Berlin has 8 Gigapresses that will be used to make the Model Y and possibly other vehicles, according to Teslarati.

The current consensus puts Gigafactory Berlin's annual vehicle production rate at around 500,000, but Teslarati said that may be an underestimate because of the capabilities of the Gigapress.

So I've passed my goal and I'm retired - which means I'm selling a little every month.

In my retirement spreadsheet I ended up with 420.69 as my retirement goal share price - purely a mathematically calculated number I assure you. No memes involved.

I have to say I'm pretty pleased that I can sell for 2x that number this month.

I don't blame you guys earlier on your path to retirement for rejoicing when you can buy at a discount. But I'm rooting for the other team now - the another ATH please crowd.

Edit:

If you don't remeber then I can remind you that on October 30th we closed @ $388.
So if you feel that the share price is much lower than expected then perhaps think again.
Sure - we got $1200 from the experts - but even at todays $842 we've come a long way.

Last edited:
Of course it gets walked right back down. It'd be nice if the stock action wasn't so predictable when low volume sets when it comes to weekly options :rolleyes:

I have a variety of stocks I own or track with varying market caps of the companies from micro to macro and Tesla stock by far tracks to options the most of any of them. The moment I saw volume dry on Tuesday I was like "Well looks like we're done for the week"

One more: Plaid deliveries start this month so brace for YouTuber reviews and 1/4 mile drag races. Free advertising.

Meh, this is the topping. I want to see the interior, noise levels, battery and motors used. I want to see if any suspension mods have been introduced. Need to see updated supercharging rates.

Good question. Not sure, as they are taking the approach of larger factories vs. more factories. But I could see 5 more perhaps. Depends on how much the competition adopts electrification.

People seem to forget that Tesla will likely get into aviation. My guess would be they'll start seriously planning for that around 2025-2026. That alone will take up another 3-5 Gigafactories.

I just got similar advice today from a family member telling me "Apple is making an electric car, you should sell all your TSLA stock, seriously"

I’m glad my 85 year old dad gets it. He asks lots of questions about TSLA and is really interested. “Just keep doing what you’re doing, son. You’ve made more in a few months than I have in a lifetime.” I love my dad.

Yes, I do expect that a fair few of those Plaid Models S will go to some enterprising r/WSB'ers (and even the new Std 'S' with it's 'Cyberpunk' gaming platform).

I'm still hopeful we'll hear from Elon soon about the technical specs of the refreshed 'S' (as he teased during the Earnings Call).

Personally, I think that a dual-mtr with 2 Model 3 style SRPMs, lighter curb weight with better aero, and smaller bty pack with better cooling yet still supporting 250 KW Supercharging is the sweet spot at $80K USD. And that 3.2 sec 0-60 time matches the best available in the Model 3 Performance, but with 7 seats and 22 speakers (drooling). ;)

But I want to hear Elon 'geek out' on the New S too! Ooh, and a Motortrend test drive report.

Cheers!

I’m glad my 85 year old dad gets it. He asks lots of questions about TSLA and is really interested. “Just keep doing what you’re doing, son. You’ve made more in a few months than I have in a lifetime.” I love my dad.

Investing in something that is both successful and truly worth investing in is one of life’s great pleasures. Kind of like finding true love; very few people get to experience it in their life and if you’re one of them you thank your lucky stars every day.

So I've passed my goal and I'm retired - which means I'm selling a little every month.

In my retirement spreadsheet I ended up with 420.69 as my retirement goal share price - purely a mathematically calculated number I assure you. No memes involved.

I have to say I'm pretty pleased that I can sell for 2x that number this month.

I don't blame you guys earlier on your path to retirement for rejoicing when you can buy at a discount. But I'm rooting for the other team now - the another ATH please crowd.

Edit:

If you don't remeber then I can remind you that on October 30th we closed @ $388.
So if you feel that the share price is much lower than expected then perhaps think again.
Sure - we got $1200 from the experts - but even at todays $842 we've come a long way.
Congrats!!! Still plugging away, but may join you later this year.