Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting video from Doug DeMuro about how BMW has lost its cool factor because of Tesla (among other reasons). The people that used to aspire to own a BMW now want a Tesla instead.

This is a great video and spot on. I loved my 2003 e46 M3 so much that I put up with a kids carseat in the back (yes two door). I had the car before kids but didn’t want to get rid of it so I powered through it. I thought I was a life long BMW member. Got the wife an X3 when the kids came along. The M3 eventually became a garage queen so I decide to sell it in 2013 while it still had good value and invested the proceeds in TSLA to hopefully grow my money enough to actually buy a Tesla.

Fast forward to today and I still have those share and got my Model 3 in 2018 and we are replacing the wife’s X3 with a Model Y next week and I am a Teslanaire! Never looked back!

After-action Report: Fri, Feb 05, 2021: (Pre+Main Session Trading)

Headline: "TSLA Corralled by MMs; Water Wet, Sky Blue"

Pre-Market:
Volume: 246,529
SP High $853.00
SP Low $843.80​

Main Session:

Traded: $15,112,011,611.99 ($15.11B)
Volume: 17,725,116
VWAP: $852.58

Close: $852.23 / VWAP: 99.96%
TSLA closed BELOW today's Avg SP
TSLA MaxPain (7:00 A.M.): $840 (N/C from Thu)​

TSLA S&P 500 Weight: 1.972447% (Feb 04)
Mkt Cap: TSLA / FB $807.83B / $763.46B = 105.81%
NB: Yahoo hasn't updated Mkt Cap re 7.91M shares issued Dec 11th

CEO Comp. Status: (est'd Mkt Cap including Dec 11th shares @ $6.74B)

TSLA 30-day Closing Avg Market Cap: $805.98B
TSLA 6-mth Closing Avg Market Cap: $509.30B

Mkt Cap req'd for 8th tranche ($450B) likely achieved Tue, Jan 19, 2021
Mkt Cap req'd for 9th tranche ($500B) likely achieved Wed, Feb 03, 2021
Nota Bene: Operational milestones req'd (chart at link).
'Short' Report:

FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 42.3% (41st Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short / Total Volume = 39.7% (45th Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Short Exempt ratio was 1.53% of Short Volume (53th Percentile Rank Exempt)​

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2021-02-05.png

QOTD: @jbcarioca "Work is its pwn reward"

Comment: "Greeed is not enough"

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!

Glancing through TSLAQ over Twitter, seems they don’t have any idea about the puts neither.
But found this one:
Some large call transactions before the put sweep.
Seems like our favorite toilet boy has some insight.

"A friend tells me this is likely a "stock replacement" trade."
"They may have swapped out the stock for the options, in order to tie up less capital."

Well it's been a few hours. Fremont didn't blow up and Elon is still alive (or else there will be news by now).

Anything else we can weather the storm.

Reactions: generalenthu
I found my dream home.

3 million but definitely worth it.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Palo-Alto/1089-Forest-Ave-94301/home/543659

I gotta get out of this place...
LOL, If I recall correctly, I suggested you get out of there.

25 years ago I left CA. Though I wasn't making any more money, I immediately felt a huge financial burden lift from my shoulders. In CA I'd have to scrap for months and months to save a thousand dollars, then my car would breakdown or some other expense would come up and I'd be back to zero. In my first year in WA I saved 16,000, NOT counting 401k which was maxed out. My salary was barely over 35,000.

This is just my experience and perspective. I'm not seriously trying to talk anyone into anything and, I confess, if I ever become obscenely rich, which really isn't in the cards, I'll by a little house in Seal Beach.