Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
China has 250 GW of coal-fired power under development - study

Anyone who thinks coal has any kind of economic future, is extremely poorly informed,

Watch the Battery Day presentation, and a Tony Seba YouTube video, then post any questions in a more relevant thread.

Like this one:- Tesla Energy and utility scale projects

Last edited:
There are two Giga Factories coming online that is going to need more than a $45K CUV to fill them out. A $25K car with a three year waiting list fits the bill.
Model Y, CT and Semi are enough for the current factory under construction at Austin.

When landscaping begins for the second factory, USA $25K car deliveries should commence ~9 months later (IMO).

I bet we start seeing them in 2022. If early 2022, 2M+ deliveries is almost certain.

160A5E65-1D21-4C67-A7CD-E8FB7035F430.jpeg

As promised.

Speeds are impressive for satellite. Not so impressive compared with what’s available in my area. However, I’m a bit exhausted with frequent Comcast maintenance outages and I like to support future technologies.

AT$T has thrice promised that fiber was available for my house and after drilling multiple holes, running miles of wire, and making a mess of my wiring I’m done trying with them.

So, that leaves me only one option. Joining Musk and Co. on the right side of change!

F309665A-2799-40BB-9D81-D62041D6D0F8.jpeg

Attachments

• C65CFA19-D78B-4F6E-8E36-034AF0C01CC5.png
    C65CFA19-D78B-4F6E-8E36-034AF0C01CC5.png
    234.8 KB · Views: 62
Anyone who thinks coal has any kind of economic future, is extremely poorly informed,

Watch the Battery Day presentation, and a Tony Seba YouTube video, then post any questions in a more relevant thread.

Like this one:- Tesla Energy and utility scale projects

Lol, it always goes right over their heads. Every TSLA investor has seen those videos/presentations...wasn't really the point.

Reactions: SpaceCash
View attachment 637968

As promised.

Speeds are impressive for satellite. Not so impressive compared with what’s available in my area. However, I’m a bit exhausted with frequent Comcast maintenance outages and I like to support future technologies.

AT$T has thrice promised that fiber was available for my house and after drilling multiple holes, running miles of wire, and making a mess of my wiring I’m done trying with them.

So, that leaves me only one option. Joining Musk and Co. on the right side of change!

View attachment 637967

Not bad. That’s enough to stream HD to three devices simultaneously. Upload speed is good.

View attachment 637968

As promised.

View attachment 637967
Agree and BTW, that roof screams for Solar roof!

Agree and BTW, that roof screams for Solar roof!

yep, can’t wait. Got another five years or so left on this roof and the solar panels are 12 years old so they’ll be due for replacement as well.

I’ve been asking around if anyone knows whether or not they make panels for this roof configuration and nobody seems to know. Seems like it would present some design challenges with the current SGR production. Fingers crossed that in five years they’ll have solved that problem.

yep, can’t wait. Got another five years or so left on this roof and the solar panels are 12 years old so they’ll be due for replacement as well.

I’ve been asking around if anyone knows whether or not they make panels for this roof configuration and nobody seems to know. Seems like it would present some design challenges with the current SGR production. Fingers crossed that in five years they’ll have solved that problem.
Push the curve. Don’t just ride it.

I’ve more than 10 years left on the roof of the place that I just bought. I ordered the solar roof & powerwalls. Unfortunately, they are not yet available on my island planet.

I may likely rebound away from my island before they are available (not cut out for retirement yet I guess).

Though I will def buy the solar roof if I’m still here (which will probably be for the duration of the pandemic).

Looks like I’m on for StarLink before the end of the year though.

Last edited:
Rob Maurer made an interesting point in today’s video. By lowering price on SR and increasing for Performance, Tesla can sell more cars for a given supply of batteries if more people choose the SR instead of LR or Perf. The end result is slightly lower margins but more revenue and profit. Additionally, every car on the road will become a source of recurring revenue from premium connectivity and upcoming FSD subscription.

I’m very interested to see the final cybertruck design, and if Franz pulled off the shrinking it slightly
I don't expect it to look much, if any, different. Any changes will be internal and will be to increase production speeds and add some functionality. Didn't Elon back off the claim that the overall size needed to be reduced?

I don't expect it to look much, if any, different. Any changes will be internal and will be to increase production speeds and add some functionality. Didn't Elon back off the claim that the overall size needed to be reduced?

Yes he did. However he recently said it needs to shrink to fit in the boring tunnels. He did it with Leno, but was tight.