Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y SR disappeared on the site and LR drops by a $1000.

Probably mean Tesla has more than enough SR order to deal with til Q2

View attachment 638489
Where is our person that used to post the Shorty News headlines?

I can guess Shorty has figured out the SR was discontinued because no one is buying it even at a discount. Since Tesla can't sell that cheaper Y there is no way they are selling the more expensive ones so they lowered the price on the mid-tier Y because it's not selling either. Bankwucy assured. It is obvious EVs do not sell because not even VW can sell them to actual customers.

Shorty may also point out we are trading close to the 50 SMA and if it breaks below that bankwucy is assured.... which is the signal for everyone to pile in on their short positions next week.

Fork = software fork of major code revision.

Switch to major FSD upgrade imminent ;)
This is a bit early to decide (fork), but when FSD emerges dominant, Tesla will likely stop their sales and go direct to Tesla Network builds.

Main reason, I have 150kW parked in the garage saving nothing. We drive 100 mi per week, and there is a battery shortage. These need to be rolling for it save on carbon. This question might not be the fork question this moment, but it will come up, and it is difficult bc it is also fun to drive which is another goal.

But honestly, since that fork is further down the road, I'm going with FSD migration - drop legacy co-dev.

Model Y SR disappeared on the site and LR drops by a $1000.

Probably mean Tesla has more than enough SR order to deal with til Q2

I found a photo from an analyst meeting trying to figure out Tesla's pricing strategy.

Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 7.40.49 AM.png

How do you guys think the market will react to the removal of the Model Y SR? On one hand, it will be great for ASP and margins, but on the other it seems a bit amateurish of Tesla to release it ~1.5 months ago, lower the price a few days ago and now remove it altogether. I don’t know what to expect tomorrow morning.

Ok. So we gots a chair, a spoon and now a fork. Putting my deductive talents to work, I predict either a table or a plate comes next. If it’s a napkin, though — :eek:

"The little dog laugh'd to see such Craft,
And the Fork ran away with the Spoon"
-The earliest recorded version of the poem resembling the modern form printed around 1765 in London in Mother Goose's Melody with the lyrics.

So now what do you think?
SpaceX stock reference?

Two great videos were posted on Friday and it has been really enjoyable listening to them over the weekend.

First up was Dave Lee (@DaveT ) interviewing James Douma (@jimmy_d ). James has a great way of focussing on (and explaining) the key trends. Hugely informative - many thanks to you both.

Earlier posters have complained that they found Lex Fridman's second interview of Jim Keller difficult to get into. It is perhaps a bit more nerdy, assuming a grounding in the hardware and software developments related to high performance computing, but after some of the more philosophical (?) musings it really takes off after 50 minutes with some incredibly insightful to and fro. As someone that was heavily involved in writing engineering software to run on high performance architectures early in my career, I found it a joy to listen to someone at the top of the game talking about future directions. The fire still burns bright in Jim!

The 'graph' architectures discussed will aid AI progress but variants will also be applicable to lots of classic scientific problems requiring matrix solution. Incredibly exciting.

My takeaway from both of these talks? The Tesla AI team (and others working on autonomous driving) are operating on the leading edge of these technologies. The problem is not solved yet, but these guys are moving forward and dealing with the problems as they arise. Things are perhaps going slower than hoped, but it is just a question of time. Being in the UK, where it looks like I will have to wait until '22 to be able to buy a Y (or S/X) I am just hoping it is all sorted by then :)

Hope you all had a good weekend, and especially hope any guys in Texas are staying safe in the bad conditions.