Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With any luck TSLA volatility will spike the IV like crazy as we recover to $850 so I can write my last few covered calls and get these oil puts on the books.

Is Dan Ives for real with this BTC comment? Where do these people pull this nonsense from? Lol!

Of course IV works both ways too, a big move down pushes it higher too, a bounce back would send it nuts. I also have 1400 shares waiting for premiums to fatten up...

upload_2021-2-23_14-30-47.png

Need low prices until market opens. Can't participate in pre-market.

I used to have that problem so opened an account with a new broker and it gives you much more flexibility. Haven't got round to transferring all my stocks from my old school broker yet, but will eventually do it. Also I find the platform of the new style broker much more dynamic. Also cheaper to trade.

• Helpful
Reactions: elasalle
I used to have that problem so opened an account with a new broker and it gives you much more flexibility. Haven't got round to transferring all my stocks from my old school broker yet, but will eventually do it. Also I find the platform of the new style broker much more dynamic. Also cheaper to trade.

Need to make trade on my IRA, so I don't think it will allow it.
On personal account, I am maxed out. All Calls, with CC's with diagonals/calendar/verticals all over the place. I think Ameritrade allows it.

"tested at higher ambient temperature"? How much higher? (I'm not checking myself since you said it's in German.)

The video has tolerable English subs.

Due to the nature of the tests done by Nextmove, they could not do anything about the fact that the ambient temperature between the pre- and post-OTA was close to 30C(!).

However, they made a point of minimizing the impact of the ambient temperature during the tests (presumably to create a best-case scenario, i.e. that actual battery performance could be similar or worse). So, as part of both tests they pre-heated the battery while the car was plugged in (and noted the energy spent on this). At the start of the charging sessions the temperature of the battery itself was reported as 33-34C pre-OTA vs 40C post-OTA.

So while the battery temperature at the pre-OTA charging session were colder and likely less than optimal, the difference from the post-OTA charging temperature is not that significant.

Another day of low volume TSLA movements inverse to GME/AMC/SPACs/Stonks.

Could there just be a bit of TSLA selling that the MMs are more than happy to accentuate? Sort of the normal doldrums plus a bit of actual selling.

Hitting $750 only triggered about 600k shares to be sold as a stop loss. Not too shabby! I'm sure benchmark fund manager's interest has been piqued by this chance to get in near the inclusion price. Don't miss the boat fellas!

We may find out what $700 triggers today.

Two quick thoughts before the coffee kicks in.

1. Many of us would have been incredulous or at least ecstatic upon hearing that we would be sitting at nearly $3500 right now, after a sizable dip. Just some perspective as it's hard to keep that in mind. 2020 felt like a decade but it was only 1 year long.

2. Not that it matters really, but I'm starting to suspect Gary Black won't come back to the fold. My guess is that he will keep making excuses to not buy back in and slowly adjust his forecast downward. It will get to "well, Tesla is a good company but has issues blah blah".

Two quick thoughts before the coffee kicks in.

1. Many of us would have been incredulous or at least ecstatic upon hearing that we would be sitting at nearly $3500 right now, after a sizable dip. Just some perspective as it's hard to keep that in mind. 2020 felt like a decade but it was only 1 year long.

2. Not that it matters really, but I'm starting to suspect Gary Black won't come back to the fold. My guess is that he will keep making excuses to not buy back in and slowly adjust his forecast downward. It will get to "well, Tesla is a good company but has issues blah blah".

Sometimes you can be right for the wrong reasons.

I follow and respect Gary and also watched his interview

But I don't think he got out due to rising interest rates which seem to be the main force along with sector rotation at the moment. Also following his trade we got news that Glifford trimmed it's shares.

(+initally it seemed to be due to BTC, but his explanation in follow up tweets and interview seemed to be due to short term issues... much respect )

I actually think he'll buy back in. I'll bet you 100% of my positive gains from yesterday.

This Lucid interview on CNBC is painful.

"I think 90 miles per hour charging at home is a game changer" - Lucid CEO

Anyone who has an EV knows this is a meaningless comment and so full of garbage it makes me question the whole damn thing. Not to mention how many people's homes would be compatible with such power draw.

I like Cramer but he's still waiting for Tesla's batteries that will make it go a million miles without charging. lol