Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Leaked photo of the NGDV delivering Amazon Packages

Oshkosh+HEMTT+Armored+Cab+6.jpg

USPS getting serious about that motto;

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"

*Sorry mods, but we needed some humour today.
Sadly usps went for hybrid over EV. Shortsighted for sure.

There seems to be a work-around, you can get them delivered with getting options exercised @lklundin made this work, maybe he can comment...

I can't take credit for this idea (that I saw somewhere), but I can state that it has credibly been reported to work:

1) Find money to buy the ARK fund in multiples of 100 shares,
2) Find a broker that allows you to trade in options with the desired ARK fund as underlying [*].
3) Consider enabling margin - or else have the money for the shares locked in the account,
4) For each desired 100 hundred shares buy 100 synthetic shares, i.e. buy 1 call option and sell 1 put option with identical underlying, expiration and strike and premiums that for example (approximately) cancel each other out,
5) One of the two options will expire OTM, the other ITM, in either case the shares will subsequently be delivered to your account (and cash equivalent to the strike drawn),
6) Marvel at the concept of a portfolio with shares other than Tesla and ignore any warnings that these shares are unavailable for buying (what do you care, you just went through all this trouble, exactly to not have to try to buy them),
7) Profit???

A concern that there will be trouble at expiry can be reduced by choosing an expiry as far into the future as possible - since that increases the chance that the regulatory issue will be resolved before expiry.

Alternative to 5) + 6): as expiry nears one can roll (i.e. sell + re-buy) the options to a new, distant expiry, thus maintaining the long (synthetic) exposure without actually getting to own the shares.

[*] I can recommend IBKR - and to people who consider me friendly I can provide a referral link (Yes, IBKR requires this to only be done as a friendly gesture...).

This buffoon even doesn't have the courage to admit outright that he shorted Tesla.

I even don't want to rant how profoundly stupid this is:
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/21/car...pture-backed-by-bill-gates-oil-companies.html

Mimicking his good buddy Buffett, he's in bed with Chevron, BHP, and Occidental in this "innovation." Basically, the genius supports a company to use renewal energy to capture carbon dioxide and to store underground, to use it for enhanced oil recovery, and wait for it, to turn it into "low-carbon" synthetic fuels, "such as gasoline, diesel, or jet A." This company practically acts as a PR project for big oils pretending to be going green. Carbon Engineering (Wikipedia)

I don't know, everyone is hating on gates here, but at least he's embarrassed for getting caught indulging his envy of Elon... Haven't you seen Zoolander? Could you blame Zoolander for being threatened by Hansel? I mean Gates is sort of the original Elon... just much less cool, don't believe me? look at his goofy ass getting arrested with his new Porsche .... Surely he has to feel like, "hey you jerks, none of you bastards would be here if it weren't for me... now everyone makes fun of me for funding anti-pandemic work and then blames me for doing something about it, calling me a Boomer and lumping me in with that Bezos."

Confession.
I put in a stop loss sell order for 500sh at $600 this morning (just for 1 day).
I stressed all day (especially when price went down to $620).
I was happy that the stock price closed around $700.
I bought 100sh (pre-split) in Feb 2016 @150/sh (in my HSA).
I will not do this again.

If you actually believe in the company’s long term potential, then stop-losses are by far the worst thing you can do. Glad you didn’t get screwed over like many I saw on twitter today.

They will be back. They always come back.

BTW, they would tell you 'mission accomplished'. Hard to argue with the action the past week.

Mission Accomplished? I dunno about that.... maybe the small time shorties, but people like Bury and other cocky haters are going to be long forgotten after they poked the bear and pissed off Cathie Woods.... if you are gonna come for the queen, best not miss son.

If you actually believe in the company’s long term potential, then stop-losses are by far the worst thing you can do. Glad you didn’t get screwed over like many I saw on twitter today.

I had a conversation with a buddy of mine yesterday who said he was going to sell his TSLA to "lock in gains" to transfer to some EFT. Told him that's fine, but to wait until the SP is on an upward stroke to sell, not a downward so fear is not in the equation at all.

I think he may have sold today, early on in the day. Sucks to be him.

It strikes me that cramer as a TV personality has been popular for a long time. I would be curious to see his analyst but I think his following is starting to age out and people are starting to transition to a new style of investing and personality and cathie is basically the biggest name in that new culture.

TL;DR He's realizing he's the definition of OK Boomer and panicking

edit: I realize they are the same age. I think my statement still holds true.
Also explains his interest in Tesla and praise of our boy Rob Mauer too. He is a sharp guy. I think the fact that he missed Tesla until his wife and daughter raved about them was the lightbulb moment.

Some of you seem to think of Austin producing a car before Berlin would be a good thing. The only way Austin can catch Berlin is if Berlin run into serious trouble. That's a bad thing.

Have you watched the videos every day? Berlin is at least three months ahead of Austin. In Austin if you take the number of steel segments put up for their fastest couple of weeks (before the storm) and apply that speed to the rest of the building they have around three months of steel work left. Then they need to finish each floor, the roof and the outer walls. Then they have another couple of months to get everything inside set-up. Then they need to ramp up.

Can you start testing a few things inside at one end before the outer walls are on at the other end. Sure. But that's not gonna get you a complete car.

I’ve not labeled either situation as good or bad. All I’ve said is don’t be surprised if production comes out of Austin before Berlin. That is all.

Reactions: SpaceCash
98K Call contracts traded at the $700 strike price today. There were only ~18K open contracts reported at 7 a.m.

Let's visit this again tomorrow morning when we get the next update on open interest (OI) for $700 Calls.

I think it'll be informative to see the net change in the number of open contracts vs the huge volume. Days like this show us how the Market actually works.

Appreciate some guidance if anyone has experience: is there a way to execute SELL A, buy B right one after the other or in a multi-step single transaction? Is this even possible :D

my laptop crashed at the worst possible time this morning - right after selling some AMZN that I wanted to convert into TSLA. I did manage to get in finally at 640, but surely could have done better.
upload_2021-2-23_17-40-15.png

I had a conversation with a buddy of mine yesterday who said he was going to sell his TSLA to "lock in gains" to transfer to some EFT. Told him that's fine, but to wait until the SP is on an upward stroke to sell, not a downward so fear is not in the equation at all.

I think he may have sold today, early on in the day. Sucks to be him.

I talked a friend off the selling ledge today. I think I simply used stronger language than you.

Mission Accomplished? I dunno about that.... maybe the small time shorties, but people like Bury and other cocky haters are going to be long forgotten after they poked the bear and pissed off Cathie Woods.... if you are gonna come for the queen, best not miss son.

Most shorts don’t play the waiting for bankruptcy game. They talk that game, but in reality they target overstretched, stalled stocks that are ripe for correction.

Anyone who was short TSLA from the mid 800s who did not cover today is a fool. If for no other reason than to reload at higher levels.

TSLA is a special case because I am fairly certain that specific interests were financing shorts for years with no regard as to whether there was profit at the end of the road. Every day of delay for the age of renewables is worth billions to them.

Anyway, the trolls never truly leave. They just hibernate and wait.

Appreciate some guidance if anyone has experience: is there a way to execute SELL A, buy B right one after the other or in a multi-step single transaction? Is this even possible :D

my laptop crashed at the worst possible time this morning - right after selling some AMZN that I wanted to convert into TSLA. I did manage to get in finally at 640, but surely could have done better.
View attachment 639365
Not that i know of...only way you could probably do that is on margin. Buy B, sell A and then have the proceeds from A cover your margin from buying B.

Terrible reporting by the Washington (DC)* Post.

They cannot claim on one hand that Elon didn't respond to their email requests and then say he responded with a request of his own without directly contradicting themselves.

*As a proud resident of Washington State, I feel I should sponsor an anti-ambiguity bill requiring that "DC" follow "Washington" in any reference to Washington DC. It's bad enough that the owner of the paper lives in Washinton State.;)

View attachment 639365

E*TRADE lets you create conditional orders. So you can put a buy order in for TSLA that is conditional on a sell order for AMZN executing in full.

Most shorts don’t play the waiting for bankruptcy game. They talk that game, but in reality they target overstretched, stalled stocks that are ripe for correction.

Anyone who was short TSLA from the mid 800s who did not cover today is a fool. If for no other reason than to reload at higher levels.

TSLA is a special case because I am fairly certain that specific interests were financing shorts for years with no regard as to whether there was profit at the end of the road. Every day of delay for the age of renewables is worth billions to them.

Anyway, the trolls never truly leave. They just hibernate and wait.

Trolls hibernate with care bears. Which could create interesting images. (or just plain sick images)