Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Senate's got a version of the EV tax credit renewal now as well: Merkley introduces bill to extend electric vehicle tax credit for 10 years - KTVZ

This one lifts the per-manufacturer cap entirely and just sunsets after 10 years, and makes the credit available as an upfront discount off the cost of the vehicle. I wonder if we'll ultimately end up somewhere in-between the House GREEN act and this one.

The Electric Cars Act would improve this vital tax credit by:

• Eliminating the per manufacturer cap, allowing consumers access to the tax credit for the next 10 years, regardless of the manufacturer from which they purchase their car;
  • Allowing buyers to use the tax credit over a 5-year period, or apply the credit on the spot at the dealership to reduce the price of the vehicle, making the credit more applicable to those without large tax liability; and
  • Providing a 10-year extension of tax credits for alternative fuel vehicles and charging infrastructure to incentivize the buildout of this important infrastructure around the country.

The Senate's got a version of the EV tax credit renewal now as well: Merkley introduces bill to extend electric vehicle tax credit for 10 years - KTVZ

This one lifts the per-manufacturer cap entirely and just sunsets after 10 years, and makes the credit available as an upfront discount off the cost of the vehicle. I wonder if we'll ultimately end up somewhere in-between the House GREEN act and this one.

I sure hope we at least get a middle between the two cause the House bill is garbage compared to that one. The House Dem's should be ashamed that the Senate bill is that much better than theirs.

If this happens it's RIP ICE.

Base Model 3 for $29,490? A base model Camry is $24,970.

ICE used car values will plummet.

Edit: Imagine the above with a FSD subscription. Talk about commuting value.

Ooooohhhh, I LOVE this bill! Please let that happen!

If this happens it's RIP ICE.

Base Model 3 for $29,490? A base model Camry is $24,970.

ICE used car values will plummet.

Edit: Imagine the above with a FSD subscription. Talk about commuting value.

$26,990 with $3,000 down, 60 months @ 2.49% is $425.65 a month. I'm guessing with FSD subscription you can be < $600 / month all up.

Many people would pay that for an autonomous commuter. Especially those who are not yet mentally ready to go carless with 100% autonomous rideshare.

The Senate's got a version of the EV tax credit renewal now

If anyone wants to keep on top of this bill and the GREEN act, I've found govtrack.us useful.

Senate bill is S. 395: A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend certain tax credits related to electric cars, and for other purposes. (S. 395)

House bill is H.R. 848: GREEN Act of 2021 (H.R. 848)

EDIT: Spotted something interesting. The house introduced the same bill today as H.R. 1271 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend certain tax credits related to electric cars, and for other purposes. (H.R. 1271)

I don't think the GREEN act ever had a Senate equivalent. Could be evidence they're aiming to move fast on this new bill.

Last edited:
Love it, can’t wait to scam people by writing puts. Been waiting way too long.
trade.png

Fantastic timing if I do say so myself, but the real lesson here is: I should have just bought the shares since this is cash covered.

Last edited:
Reactions: LN1_Casey
What the heck is this?
- ramp to drive up so it is for finished cars
- roof only makes sense if car stays there for a while
- hole in base so car can be accessed from below

Return of the battery swap??? Doesn´t make sense after they abandoned it before...
Does anyone have a better idea?

View attachment 639638
(4 min into the video)
Seems unlikely that this would be intended for human inspection, unless somebody is in that pit on a creeper or it has a deeper well underneath because judging by the surrounding things like the light post and the fence it is not tall enough for a normal human to be able to stand upright in it.

Lol, 'Jimmy Chill': Cathie Wood gets the best of these two dino-sours, and she didn't even say a word... Enjoy! :p

"Jim Cramer on Cathie Wood's latest stock purchases" | CNBC Feb 24, 2021

What. An. Idiot.

TL;DW - Buying things on sale means you're a crazy woman! Taking profits on runups is absurd! But the interest ratessss!!!! Lizard brains can't think beyond the next 6 months.

Lol, 'Jimmy Chill': Cathie Wood gets the best of these two dino-sours, and she didn't even say a word... Enjoy! :p

"Jim Cramer on Cathie Wood's latest stock purchases" | CNBC Feb 24, 2021

What. An. Idiot.

TL;DW - Buying things on sale means you're a crazy woman! Taking profits on runups is absurd! But the interest ratessss!!!! Lizard brains can't think beyond the next 6 months.

Indeed, it's long been assumed that interest rates would eventually rise. That had to have already been part of the calculation for the discounted value of future profits for growth companies like Tesla. Recently some chicken littles have been surprised by that and started throwing away golden eggs. Cooler heads like Cathie realize what's happening and grab those eggs while continuing with their well considered procedures. :cool: