Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You mean like, why wouldn't I go ahead and take that loan?

No, I was thinking it would be pretty reckless to borrow against Bitcoin to buy TSLA. In a black swan economic crisis it seems both would be likely to move in the same direction. I definitely don't buy the theory that Bitcoin is a safe haven.

I'm not that worried about a black swan economic crisis but it's not because I think one can't happen - it's that I'm confident the duration would be relatively short. However, I'm not leveraged at all right now. If I borrowed against Bitcoin to buy more TSLA a margin call could happen at the worst possible time. When the sugar hits the fan, the last thing you want is to have to sell at the bottom. That takes a bad situation and makes it worse.

These are the kind of things you want to position yourself such that they cannot happen. The observation that it's a low-probability event doesn't mitigate this because hope is not a valid investment strategy.

Black swan economic events are very rare but cannot be ruled out. And I guarantee in such an event all assets would be likely to be hit much more than 20%.

$15 min wage not allowed in Biden’s relief bill - says CNBC headline - there goes inflation

when rich guys get relief it goes to the stock market
When poor guy gets it they worried about inflation

go figgr

Because the stuff rich people buy isn't included in the CPI, which is the most commonly used inflation metric.

Seems like waste of time as the House would have to pass the amended bill again.

• Informative
Reactions: elasalle
No substantial profit was ever made by being comfortable with an investment.
Exactly, which was why I bought more, then place an order at 635 (was 640) and walked away.
I haven't looked since then... I'm afraid to look! The more it drops, the more I have to learn about the economics to understand, and I'm an Engineer.

Exactly, which was why I bought more, then place an order at 635 (was 640) and walked away.
I haven't looked since then... I'm afraid to look! The more it drops, the more I have to learn about the economics to understand, and I'm an Engineer.
I'm scared too, but ten years from now where do think it will be?

Has Elon tweeted about the shut down and the reason, is it an update of the assembly line? Giga press casting installation? New cells to be incorporated in the Model 3 production line faster than expected? That might be. Good news down the line

Fremont shutdown seems to be a nothingburger:
upload_2021-2-25_19-0-6.png

Damnit guys. We need capitulation for the market to hit bottom! Everyone has to say, 'ok, that's enough, I can't take it anymore, I'm out.'

Instead, we have a bunch of diamond handed HODLers here. How is the SP supposed to reverse if all of us continue to buy and are running out of change under the cushions??

The stock market should react positively tomorrow to the stimulus bill tomorrow along with no min wage since its benefits business not to pay higher wages...

In apparent response, US treasury rates are already being shoved downward by overseas markets. If that continues in US trading tomorrow, it could push upward the current discounted value of future earnings and hence current share prices for growth stocks like TSLA.