Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
~~~MODERATOR~~~

No more political posts; no more COVID posts.

If you have something to say about the macroeconomic situation, AND if it is simultaneously insightful AND relevant to Tesla AND it hasn’t already been posted - long odds there - then, IF you can present it w/o violating this post’s first sentence, give it a try. The green alligator awaits those who choose...poorly. ~~~

Update on my post because this just happened, the ladies at the corner store counter asked me about my Tesla and said does it really drive itself? I said watch this and summoned it from in between the trucks and it pulled up using a blinker and everything.... they almost lost their minds, recording on their phones.... I told them about cybertruck and so hopefully that’s a few more sales in the bag.

Depends on the audience, most have an open mind re: advances. But there's the other side of the spectrum as well, ignorant and unwilling to learn.

I once summoned it to the front of Costco late in the evening exiting after store hours, and the guy who I often see at the store checking receipts etc came up and asked me about what he just saw. I told him it was electric and has these features and he replied: Good for you, but I only buy American cars.

I replied - have a good evening and went on my way.

Depends on the audience, most have an open mind re: advances. But there's the other side of the spectrum as well, ignorant and unwilling to learn.

I once summoned it to the front of Costco late in the evening exiting after store hours, and the guy who I often see at the store checking receipts etc came up and asked me about what he just saw. I told him it was electric and has these features and he replied: Good for you, but I only buy American cars.

I replied - have a good evening and went on my way.

Ugh, while I fully understand your response, it was such a wasted opportunity to share/educate/inform.

Imagine the reaction you could have seen when you could/should have told him, "Yes, and it's a good thing they're made in Fremont, California. Have a good evening."

I saw the 2008 drop coming well in advanced, sold most of my stocks, but I didn't see the bottom or how fast the market would recover. I'm not the richest person on earth. Knowing the right time to sell is only half of the equation.
upload_2021-2-26_17-59-22.jpeg

We have Batman in the house?

Ugh, while I fully understand your response, it was such a wasted opportunity to share/educate/inform.

Imagine the reaction you could have seen when you could/should have told him, "Yes, and it's a good thing they're made in Fremont, California. Have a good evening."
That would be helpful but you also need to include a reminder that California is part of the United States. ;)

I'm surprised at how people are not blown away more, with even more questions. I think it's because the market has fooled the public into believing that all self driving is the same. GM's got Cruize, my Banker's Subaru has it... They do not see the difference really. People are becoming numb to this tech (lagging knowledge), hence the fear of the unknown by so many. One day it's nicely staying in it's lane, then next day these are going to drive work and home on their own? People will freak!

By the way, I always mention the FSD Beta videos and not one single person has heard of it or seen it and I live right next to Intel and uChip in Chandler. Go figure... This will make its debut even more astounding and I do expect a nice pop to $1,200 when it does. But if Summon timeline was any indication, I think this could be 2H '21 for broad FSD release.
That probably works out in our favor long term. People either never believed it was possible, or as you said have gone numb to "hey, it's coming soon!". So when it does click into place there is going to be a lot of shock.

I would have said plaid plus but that console looks like the 3, even with the new S console.

Reactions: SOULPEDL
Update on my post because this just happened, the ladies at the corner store counter asked me about my Tesla and said does it really drive itself? I said watch this and summoned it from in between the trucks and it pulled up using a blinker and everything.... they almost lost their minds, recording on their phones.... I told them about cybertruck and so hopefully that’s a few more sales in the bag.
Man I could so much better sell the car and make wimmen drop their loads.
"Does it drive itself?"
"Oh. it is much more than that. It is a pet...like a horse. Watch this."
"Silver, Come here boy, Let's go home." (As I discretely hit the summon button.)

Last edited:
~~~MODERATOR~~~

No more political posts; no more COVID posts.
If you have something to say about the macroeconomic situation, AND if it is simultaneously insightful AND relevant to Tesla AND it hasn’t already been posted - long odds there - then, IF you can present it w/o violating this post’s first sentence, give it a try. The green alligator awaits those who choose...poorly. ~~~

Othermod: I was already in the process of deleting the COVID and Lucid posts from this thread. Those posters should be ashamed, dragging an ex-mod out of retirement! Back to lurking. --ggr

I see there are 11k 700c, 4.6k 690c for today's options market still open
There are also 22.4k 700p and 6.25k 720p .

Maybe they would try to drop it down and scare these calls off?? and then buy it up and close above 700 or 710?

As many discussed here that Robinhood (other brokers too??) has rules of closing the calls by 3pm if these accounts do not have enough money in their account to cover. Could that mean we get a drop in the last hour and then close above 700?

I'm surprised at how people are not blown away more, with even more questions. I think it's because the market has fooled the public into believing that all self driving is the same. GM's got Cruize, my Banker's Subaru has it... They do not see the difference really. People are becoming numb to this tech (lagging knowledge), hence the fear of the unknown by so many. One day it's nicely staying in it's lane, then next day these are going to drive work and home on their own? People will freak!

By the way, I always mention the FSD Beta videos and not one single person has heard of it or seen it and I live right next to Intel and uChip in Chandler. Go figure... This will make its debut even more astounding and I do expect a nice pop to $1,200 when it does. But if Summon timeline was any indication, I think this could be 2H '21 for broad FSD release.

On that topic it's really ironic that a traditional car maker spent lots of money advertising their 'Smart park', remembered only for the ad's (Boston?) accent - and the fact that it had to be recalled, so I guess they should have spent more of that money in the R & D department.

I had to search for who actually did this, it was Hyundai (and at the Super Bowl),
Hyundai Recalls Cars With Remote Smart Parking Assist Feature