Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The cybernotatruck has a notabed not a bed. A truck bed does NOT have a rolldown roof that stays closed, nor sides that aren't horizontal.
When they ended up engineering the damn thing they stood back and looked at it and didn't see it was a truck any longer. Sure they started out engineering a truck for the truck market. But they Homer Simpsoned it.

And then they knew they had a problem. If it did not look like a truck, walk like a truck, or sounded like a truck then it was not a truck...
So they had to call it a truck. Not just say it was in the truck category.. They had to put the word TRUCK" in the name.
"E-TRUCK" (E meaning Elon or Electricity. Take your pick)..no too many people will think Elon is being self-centered
"Model T" "T" is for Truck...no Model T was taken.
"NotaTRUCK" being honest never works so No, no, not honesty
"CyberTRUCK" Eureka, just enough of a head fake where the "Truck people" will get a little bit of a thought in their heads that, "Hey this can be used as a truck too." Even though... "Cyber" means "not real" to most truck people. as in "he has a "cyber" (air quotes) girlfriend.
It doesn't walk like a truck, or talk like a truck, or eat like a truck, or pollute like a truck... and it can do so much more than a truck.
But let's sell it to one of the largest segments of the auto industry..."trucks."

The Cybertruck is more real than someone who claims to live in a place "In The Atlantic".

I think the Cyber naming was more a reference to the Cyberpunk world and Blade runner sci-fi ambiance than literally meaning it’s an Internet non existant truck. More like cybernetic than « not a »
You and the six agrees you have on that post are all NERDS! Nerdy boys. Good ol boys (those that need to be told the cybertruck is a truck) need to be tricked. When good ol boys looked at the "Cybertruck" they thought...that ain't really a truck, is it? nah, they even are calling it a "Cyber" truck....just like Joedy's "Cyber girlfriend." Wait though? It sorta is a truck. Oh hell yeah. bulletproof and bad ass like Mad Max.... I am going to be a progressive good ol boy and by me one of dem vehicles...it ain"t a truck, but it can do what a truck can do and Betty sue will go sleepin down by the river with me when my wife is away... and "DOG MODE"? Blue wants it too.
It's a hotel on wheels and a kennel too.
Now stop bringing it up. The mods are gonna have a hissy fit. The only reason they ain't "Mack the Knife"d us yet is they is so happy the stock went up today.
BTW, you ever noticed how we lose members when the stock has a day?

Something tells me reclaiming 800 is going to be a cake walk, 900........we will see

I could see getting back into 800's leading up to Q1 P/D numbers. 900 is really gonna depend on those numbers. The Jan delivery numbers(for most places outside of North America) are pretty promising when it comes to Tesla significantly beating the Street's Q1 P/D estimates(I think they're at like 162k now). Given those numbers, I still think beating Q4 P/D is in play....even with limited P/D out of the S/X.

When cybertruck update comes out, it’s going to make the stock pop. Hopefully the amount of Easter eggs on the work-truck aspect of the thing are numerous. Power, tool storage, air compressor?, wood transport, measuring, what if it had a digital transit, where’s my Tesla Plumbob?, how about power on the front for attachments, plug in wood chipper, don’t forget a blender for Tesla-Rita’s, also, how about roof camping, trailers, plug in coolers., dashboard paper storage, laptop storage, under the truckbed storage.
If Tesla went balls to the wall with accessories I think they would sell very well.
Never mind...with the volume AND the type of customer base that will own one (most going drop to $80K with a smile on their faces) there will be some serious aftermarket kit.

AH, so...

A628841D-5179-4F86-BF9E-4D2A37F018C0.jpeg

I need my Cybertruck to be able to take up 23 parking spots at once, easily navigate over curbs and road debris like ladders, mattresses, bumpers, whathaveyou, bust thru all fencing types at high speed, be dent and scratch resistant, not require touchup paint or Xpel or ceramic coating for when a bird craps on it, and look like it belongs in the Zombie Apocalypse. Anything else it can do is a bonus.

"Ma'am, this is not a videogame."