Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
original_296697864.jpg

Btw man went from a decent day to a hella ugly day. Was hoping this week was the rebound week and it looked like TSLA was actually going to outperform the macros but it's pretty clear we're spending time in the mid 600's now.
Don't worry. Mama Cathie will be selling SQ today and buying more TSLA.

"The longer the base, the bigger the breakout."

WOAH, if that guys estimates are true then Giga Shanghai is going to be a production BEAST within a year or two, much more than I thought. 10K cars per week out of one plant??!?!? Honestly that sounds kind of crazy high to me, am I wrong?
Fremont is already around 10k/week when not constrained by battery or other part supplies. I expect Shanghai to get there (and perhaps beyond) in 3-6 months just on 3/Y. The model 2 will be in addition.

Pretty sure the factory for the "China designed car" is already being built on existing land. I agree with this guys comments that were posted to the article.
I can't imagine there's not a plan to expand cell/pack production in China. It's the path of least resistance for the Party and for Elon's Master Plan. How long are we going to harp on a massive cell shortage before we agree another massive Chinese GF should be at least started?

These raw material shortages and "5 year mining ramp up" timelines remind me of 2011 when we were absolutely certain silicon for solar panels was gonna run out by 2013. The market will get you the materials if the demand is there, that's how it's always been. Especially with these new formulations including far greater % of common metals.

With all the global liquidity sloshing around, it almost makes sense to build now and run it at 10% for 2 years if the materials don't show up. The moment is ripe and we have $20B $21B burning a hole in our pockets.

Fremont is already around 10k/week when not constrained by battery or other part supplies. I expect Shanghai to get there (and perhaps beyond) in 3-6 months just on 3/Y. The model 2 will be in addition.

The building of Giga Texas is also progressing well, even with a week of weather related delay. If you watch the youtube videos of Roberts, Tegtmeyer et al, you can see that the clearing on the other (west) side of the freeway has progressed rapidly as well.
Room for more there.
A lot of land in Austin - only time and Elon will tell how many factory buildings there will be placed.
Also, interesting point: Even though Giga Texas has the most land of any giga's by far (so far) the factory taking shape currently is mostly 2 storey/floors, a decent amount of 3 storey, and yes, occasionally even 4 storey!
That I find very remarkable, and an interesting 'tell'.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: AZRI11 and capster