Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will be interesting to see Ihor Dusaniwsky's post-game analysis of how the short interest in TSLA developed during this drop and now potential recovery. Could some of the old "high conviction short crowd" be so stupid as to double down again during this drop? Thus loading the spring for another squeeze when the catalysts inevitably keep coming (I'm looking for concrete stuff like full FSD released to all customers, Giga Berlin production numbers, the next few car and battery factories announced and shovels in the ground, unveil of the new roadster halo car, Tesla energy + some more high level/less probable things like Dojo surprises, electric planes, and also possible not-easy-to-pinpoint spinoff effects of for example a humans to mars mission)?

Electrek - hour ago: Tesla (TSLA) erased $100 billion in value, but it could be worth $1 trillion this year, says top analyst - Electrek

Excerpt:

Today, the Wedbush analyst issued a new note to clients reiterating that he believes Tesla will hit a trillion-dollar market cap this year:

“If China stays on its current path for Tesla, Musk & Co. could hit one million delivery units globally by 2022. This speaks to our thesis that Tesla will hit a trillion-dollar market cap in 2021 despite this risk-off moment for EV stocks with the bears coming back to life after a long hibernation in their caves over the past year.”

He has a $950 one-year price target on Tesla’s stock, and Ives even believes that Tesla could reach a $1.5 to $2 trillion market cap within the next 2 years.

Ives is one of the top Wall Street analyst, according to Tip Ranks, an analyst ranking firm.

The Wedbush analyst ranked #104 out of 7,336 analysts on TipRanks with a 65% success rate and a 30% average return.

Electrek - hour ago: Tesla (TSLA) erased $100 billion in value, but it could be worth $1 trillion this year, says top analyst - Electrek

Excerpt:

Today, the Wedbush analyst issued a new note to clients reiterating that he believes Tesla will hit a trillion-dollar market cap this year:

“If China stays on its current path for Tesla, Musk & Co. could hit one million delivery units globally by 2022. This speaks to our thesis that Tesla will hit a trillion-dollar market cap in 2021 despite this risk-off moment for EV stocks with the bears coming back to life after a long hibernation in their caves over the past year.”

He has a $950 one-year price target on Tesla’s stock, and Ives even believes that Tesla could reach a $1.5 to $2 trillion market cap within the next 2 years.

Ives is one of the top Wall Street analyst, according to Tip Ranks, an analyst ranking firm.

The Wedbush analyst ranked #104 out of 7,336 analysts on TipRanks with a 65% success rate and a 30% average return.
Wonder what 0 star Gordo is doing today? maybe looking for a 1bd shack with the gains he has made over the last 3 weeks? :)

Reactions: Nocturnal
TODAY F sucks but thought to share something heartwarming. I agree with their sentiment but can't afford to wait 6 years.

With FSD/Robotaxi, 11 year olds should be able to own Teslas!

upload_2021-3-5_10-50-15.png

Electrek - half hour ago: Tesla launches new social media platform to 'engage' its community and promote policies - Electrek

Excerpt from Tesla:

“Engage Tesla is a new platform for both Tesla’s public policy team and Tesla Owner’s Clubs. Its goal is to create a digital home base for all of our work, and make it easier for Tesla community members to learn what’s top of mind for us, take meaningful action, and stay in the loop. We hope you’ll join us in getting involved.”

Link: https://engage.tesla.com/

Last edited:
TODAY F sucks but thought to share something heartwarming. I agree with their sentiment but can't afford to wait 6 years.

With FSD/Robotaxi, 11 year olds should be able to own Teslas!

View attachment 642426
I have a 9 and 12 yr old. All kids in that age range 9 to 16 LOVE tesla's. Its one reason we just bought a 2021 and dumped cash into TSLA. I cant wait to see where we are in 10 yrs from today.
when they have sleep overs the kids will sit in the car and play karoke for hours.

Another reason to track shares rather than value if you're long term buy and hold -- you care just as much about this <$600 share price as you did about the >$800 share price. Which is none. Which is just as much as you would care about a >$1000 share price or a $400 share price. Still none.

Except for the ability to acquire more shares at $400 than $1000.

Does this current drop in the price change, in any way, your view of what TSLA will do between now and 2030?
That's what I do; my total account liquidating value divided by share price; how many shares could I trade it all in for?

That crisp perspective cuts through the hodgepodge of options and shares. Yeah my account is way down from a week ago, but it's not all that terrible in equivalent number of shares.

Wonder what 0 star Gordo is doing today? maybe looking for a 1bd shack with the gains he has made over the last 3 weeks? :)

I'm not following him so I took one for the team as a below-average intelligence officer should.
Note that he's been ratio'd on both comments...which I hear is a bad bad thing on twitter.

bbb.jpg

Last edited:
This really shows how many members of this forum are completely ignoring the competition. It reminds me of the GME apes at WSB.

Hm...
The only reason I ignore the competition is that they are very ignorable.

When they get better at:
  • powertrain efficiencies
  • battery longevity and range
  • supercharging network witch is omnipresent, efficient and *fast*
  • software/hardware integration and over-the-air-update
  • autonomous driving and testing in the wild
  • battery production and cost reduction
  • high-volume EV production
... I will stop ignoring them.