Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have bought over 70 shares last 2 weeks. Gotta sell some meme stocks at a loss just to pick up some power for this dip.
I am in for the long run but it's tough to see the portfolio value drop over 2M in a few weeks.
I guess I will turn off my phone, read a book or something for a week or two before we see it turns around.
PLS take a speed-reading course! :cool:

That's some serious bourgeoisie talk, sir.

giphy.gif

I don't think you're really on target here. Quite the opposite. When retail traders buy high and sell low, whether voluntary or forced, it benefits monied interests. I firmly believe the entire system is biased in subtle and not so subtle ways to disadvantage the little guy, from the educational system to the financial media to broker's margin rules to SEC enforcement. Recognizing this is more antifa than bourgeois. It's an observation of how the world actually works, not a statement of how the world should work.

That's a very important distinction. I see people all the time who make decisions based on how their ideal world works. But the world doesn't follow any one individual's rules, it works however it works. You can work to change how the world works but, particularly as an investor, it's important to make decisions based upon reality, not some theoretical preferred reality.

And keeping people at work while the monied class grow their net worth is what the non-working class wants to keep their position in the world secure. Recognizing this is the first step to breaking free from it. Do you really think any of those people want to actually build the roads they depend upon? No, they think they are too good for that! They want to share as few of the profits with the people who make the system work as they can. Of course, they have to pay the workers enough to live on and raise families or else all of society comes crumbling down. But they don't want to give the workers too much or the workers will save the extra wages up and start investing the extra. If the profits were shared equally, that would eventually threaten their standing. No one will want to work and there are fewer profits left for them.

Last edited:
I don't think you're really on target here. Quite the opposite. When retail traders buy high and sell low, whether voluntary or forced, it benefits monied interests. I firmly believe the entire system is biased in subtle and not so subtle ways to disadvantage the little guy, from the educational system to the financial media to broker's margin rules to SEC enforcement. Recognizing this is more antifa than bourgeois. It's an observation of how the world actually works, not a statement of how the world should work.

That's a very important distinction. I see people all the time who make decisions based on how their ideal world works. But the world doesn't follow any one individual's rules, it works however it works. You can work to change how the world works but, particularly as an investor, it's important to make decisions based upon reality, not some theoretical preferred reality.

And keeping people at work while the monied class grow their net worth is what the non-working class wants to keep their position in the world secure. Recognizing this is the first step to breaking free from it. Do you really think any of those people want to actually build the roads they depend upon? No, they think they are too good for that! They want to share as few of the profits with the people who make the system work as they can. Now they have to pay the workers enough to live on and raise families of all of society comes crumbling down. But they don't want to give the workers too much or the workers will save the extra wages up and start investing the extra. If the profits were shared equally, that would eventually threaten their standing. No one will want to work and there are fewer profits left for them.

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

Dan Ives on Bloomberg Radio Wedbush's Ives: Tech Stocks Go Up Another 30% This Year (Radio)

- Tech stocks go up another 30% this year
- Conundrum for investors is "how do you value a 5T (EV) market"
- TSLA will grow into valuation
- Golden buying opportunity in tech "this could be our shot this year"
- He also likes GM (key is modular construction and Quantumscape ownership)
- 5G is still in the first inning in the US (China is ahead)
- Best 5G play is AAPL
- Bullish on supply chain: qualcomm, semiconductors
- Over next week believes there will be a massive bounce back in tech
- Biden may change whole ecosystem (solar, ev, etc) - one of the most unique opportunities in this sector