Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
“Imagine for a moment that you decided to invest money now and you bought a farm,” said Buffett, the chairman and CEO Berkshire Hathaway. “Let's say you bought 160 acres...and the farmer next to you had 160 identical acres, same contour, same soil quality.”

Now, imagine that the farmer who has the same farm as yours makes you an offer every day to either sell his farm to you or buy yours, he continued.

“That's a very obliging neighbor,” Buffett said.

Buying stocks — like buying a farm — means you’re buying into a business. But with stocks, you have an added advantage of having that neighbor — or other investors — giving you a price for your farm every day.

“The only thing you have to do is remember that this guy next door is there to serve you and not to instruct you,” Buffett said. “You bought the farm because you thought the farm had the potential. You don’t need a quote on it.”

Relevant to recent TSLA price action. Focus on the farm. ;)

Oh, this HODL thing pays off. Huge temptation to sell a few earlier today. I did not.
So, my friend who bought at 890 and sold at 550 on Friday told me to Inform him with my next move when I buy.
the next business day, Monday, I make my move and I buy a sh1tload.
he asked me what was my trigger, I told him It was the fact he is the Best Buy high sell low investor I know.
at least he laughed yesterday and thought I was catching a falling knife.
today is the day I thanks everybody here who convinced me to HODL

So, my friend who bought at 890 and sold at 550 on Friday told me to Inform him with my next move when I buy.
he asked me what was my trigger, I told him It was the fact he is the Best Buy high sell low investor I know.
Savage

Wait so is he still out then? This must be pretty painful for him......🥺

I think he's Orthopedic rather than Orthodontic. @OrthoSurg is a big boned surgeon.

Oh definately. Can clearly remember him talking about ankles and scaphoid fractures after he went skiing and some girl fell in the parking lot?

Also @OrthoSurg, how is your "buy high sell low" friend doing after getting every single vertebrae from C1 to his sacrum crushed?

Tesla registrations killed the competition in China View attachment 642825

Right. Even more interesting would be a table with the corresponding revenue from these sales.

PS. Two issues w. new layout: 1) Almost no difference between background color of post and background of surroundings (i.e. quoted post + user profile), i.e. harder to quickly see actual post. 2) No longer possible to immediately see the number of 'Informative' votes of a post - making it much harder to scan a page for highly information posts.

So confused on S production lol. Seems like they're starting up actual production now even though Elon's tweet a couple days ago said there were still many small details to be fixed. Guess they got them figured out pretty well.

This latest batch of 100-150 refreshed S's is only from the past couple of days so production seems to be at least material at this point. Maybe they get in a couple thousand S deliveries to California consumers by end of March.