Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure what this could possibly be for other than Robotaxis. :)

I don’t know what tech could be used to help the NN improve. Does someone measure the tread depth to help improve accuracy? It could be an in-house employee cars project.

There is the possibility that the forward looking side camera can see the tire tread when the wheels are at full lock turn.

Or maybe the ultrasonics can “hear” the aging of the tires?

He is against ad that are manipulative. Product placement or having the main character drive his car may not falls under traditional advertisements. Also Tesla may work under different set of rules in China as its culturally different. The company is known to be flexible when required.
Meh. You’re looking for reasons to support your WAG. Not only that, you’re working real hard at it to convince others you’re right and have some sort of a scoop.

Tesla simply has given all indications it doesn’t want to waste even a penny on this type of thing. Never mind the fact, they simply don’t have to because people and companies do it for them for free.

Not buying that it’s a policy change or a cultural difference — until I hear it from Tesla.

Now this is real progress: (thanks Tesla for showing there is a better way)

Audi is halting its development of new internal combustion engines | tesmanian.com

One of Tesla’s competitors in the premium segment, German automaker Audi, has announced that it is abandoning the development of new internal combustion engines. The statement was related by Audi CEO Markus Duesmann in a recent interview with German media.

While addressing Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, Duesmann explained that Audi’s decision is partly due to the EU’s plans for a stricter Euro 7 emissions standard. “We will no longer develop a new combustion engine, but will adapt our existing combustion engines to new emission guidelines,” he said, adding that the Euro 7 standard plans are “technically a huge challenge with at the same time little benefit for the environment.”

Every day you start your posting with this same sentiment of regretfully posting whatever FUD pieces are at the top of the pile. And then proceed to discuss nothing but those pieces all day.

If I didn't know any better I might think you actually DON'T hate to post these things. Every single day. All day.
If only there was some way to not have to see posts like that...

Got so excited we FINALLY got our E-mail invites for our county administered CV-19 shots, I totally missed the flash sale on TSLA today. Took too long to go through the signup process that the selected times were gone, an had to start over from the top. Bummer.

I don't think TSLA is done finding a daily bottom yet though FWIW. Looking at you, $640, today.

• Disagree
Reactions: gbertsch and JoRoMo
Meh. You’re looking for reasons to support your WAG. Not only that, you’re working real hard at it to convince others you’re right and have some sort of a scoop.

Tesla simply has given all indications it doesn’t want to waste even a penny on this type of thing. Never mind the fact, they simply don’t have to because people and companies do it for them for free.

Not buying that it’s a policy change or a cultural difference — until I hear it from Tesla.
You do realize my first post had a degree of uncertainty right? But to outright reject the possibility is silly and frankly is not even a big deal. No idea why you guys are so defensive about it.

The new FUD:” omg, Tesla is paying for advertising now!!! It’s because they can’t sell their cars!!!”

/s
Ironic isn’t it that Elon and Tesla draw clicks for papers. Then, the papers sell the eyeballs to legacy OEM’s for ad dollars.

Hmm, maybe the papers should pay Elon and Tesla? :D

The Michigan crash FUD from a few days ago didn't work out since the cops said it wasn't on AP, so we've got a new accident in Michigan today where it was on AP.

Informal research, let's see who has the right stuff. What is your price target for end of year 2021? Winner gets unlimited breadsticks at Olive Garden.

2021 end of year close, $1026.

FSD remains in beta because why not.

Cybertruck launch in 2022 after early testing improvements.

Energy business surprise growth

Model S plaid & plaid + is surprisingly popular & weighing on battery demand

Second factory in China is smaller physically and confounding

Semi launch is strongly disruptive but a profit drag

A new business line appears

I don’t know what tech could be used to help the NN improve. Does someone measure the tread depth to help improve accuracy? It could be an in-house employee cars project.

There is the possibility that the forward looking side camera can see the tire tread when the wheels are at full lock turn.

Or maybe the ultrasonics can “hear” the aging of the tires?
Lidar, definitely Lidar, nothing else could ever match Lidar ever, for anything. /s

Actually, some form of laser based measurement system mounted in the wheel wells would probably be an effective way to sample ground truth. It needn‘t be an expensive system, but, who knows, maybe there are Lidar development devices finding their way onto the used market. ;)

edit: Just to be clear, I’m not suggesting such a system for production cars rather only as source of training data. That is what I understood @lascavarian to be asking about.

Last edited:
The Michigan crash FUD from a few days ago didn't work out since the cops said it wasn't on AP, so we've got a new accident in Michigan today where it was on AP.

What is stopping Tesla from enabling and enforcing cabin cameras for eye movement?

Guaranteed someone was fixated on a cell phone.

"The driver told police the vehicle was operating in Autopilot, according to Oleksyk."

Any bets that Tesla will check logs, go "no it wasn't" but then media will never report that part?

Wu Wa: (4 days ago)
Located to the east of the Shanghai factory and to the north of the extension road under construction, several red flags are planted in a green farmland. The flags read: The Eighth Bureau of China Construction, which is the name of a Chinese construction company. Does this mean that the land has been classified as industrial land? If so, will it be Tesla's industrial land? When will it start?
#262 Is it about to open new industrial land? #shorts @WU WA - YouTube

I hope you are swimming in Westvleteren by the end of the year. If you win the bet, you could probably buy enough extra to fill your swimming pool without impacting your finances significantly! I've always wondered if you would catch a buzz if you swam in beer! :oops:
That would be a good entry for a UK TV show we had in the 1970's called "Jim'll Fix It", where people wrote in with their heart's desire, it was facilitated, and filmed for Saturday evening viewing.

The legacy of the show has, however, been rather tarnished as it turned out the host - Jimmy Saville - was the most prolific pedophile as yet exposed in the British Isles. Unfortunately he died before this was exposed, so many of his victims never saw justice. What's most depressing is that when you look back at his behaviour, even on live TV, it was clear he was hiding in plain-sight.

Sorry, I digress...

You do realize my first post had a degree of uncertainty right? But to outright reject the possibility is silly and frankly is not even a big deal. No idea why you guys are so defensive about it.
It’s not silly to reject a WAG from the spouse of a total stranger based on a feeling about some TV show, particularly given magnitudes of evidence to the contrary of that WAG. And when the WAG has no bearing on whether investing in TSLA is a good idea or bad, or having any affect on Tesla’s business.

No, seeing a Tesla or Tesla store on TV or in a movie doesn’t suddenly have mobs of people clamoring to buy a Tesla. *We* notice Teslas because we’re invested mentally, emotionally and physically. Most everyone else just sees a car or a store and nothing more. A few who are already aware but have taken no action may be triggered to think a bit more on it or take a first step or not.

But let me remind you of something: For quite literally MONTHS on end, people (weren’t you on the bandwagon too?) claimed that Tesla would have to, 1000%, no way around it, Chinese culture and rules dictated that they MUST partner with a Chinese JV to make cars in China.

How’d that work out?

"The driver told police the vehicle was operating in Autopilot, according to Oleksyk."

Any bets that Tesla will check logs, go "no it wasn't" but then media will never report that part?
Well I think Tesla does have a hard time when it comes to partial obstruction of the lane which seems to be the case here. Also seems that autopilot slowed down a lot or else the damage would be much more. This one is more credible but totally the fault of the driver with the suspended license.

Reactions: Discoducky

Officer .... It wasn't me driving it was Tesla autopilot ... talk to the car please ;)
I think this is one of the biggest risks to FSD ... American drivers ... as more get behind the wheel of Tesla's more of these accidents will occur .... does not matter if AP/FSD or not .. report will indicate AP/FSD and the FUD machine will crank up ... i hope Elon slow rolls FSD for this reason ...

as an aside i was using AP on the NYS thruway this past weekend and as i went under an overpass the car braked abruptly (nothing in front of me) .... this was very scary ...luckily the traffic was light ... otherwise i proably would have been rear ended ...

and just to add to this intersting NYST trip there was a Toyota Camry fully engulfed in flames on side of highway a bit further on.... if media reported car fires in ICE like Tesla FSD there would be a continous feed of car fires ... " my wife asked me how could the car burst into flames ? " I said combustion engine dear ... she says OH I SEE...

Last edited:

FUD out of motor city... between this and VW acting like they have a solid state battery in production, I've had enough.

Officer .... It wasn't me driving it was Tesla autopilot ... talk to the car please ;)
I think this is one of the biggest risks to FSD ... American drivers ... as more get behind the wheel of Tesla's more of these accidents will occur .... does not matter if AP/FSD or not .. report will indicate AP/FSD and the FUD machine will crank up ... i hope Elon slow rolls FSD for this reason ...

as an aside i was using AP on the NYS thruway this past weekend and as i went under an overpass the car braked abruptly (nothing in front of me) .... this was very scary ...luckily the traffic was light ... otherwise i proably would have been rear ended ...
One of the problems of selecting the advanced updates is getting the regression updates that occur... personally this lated version is annoying... particularly with hard breaking approaching cars at lights.

It’s not silly to reject a WAG from the spouse of a total stranger based on a feeling about some TV show, particularly given magnitudes of evidence to the contrary of that WAG. And when the WAG has no bearing on whether investing in TSLA is a good idea or bad, or having any affect on Tesla’s business.

No, seeing a Tesla or Tesla store on TV or in a movie doesn’t suddenly have mobs of people clamoring to buy a Tesla. *We* notice Teslas because we’re invested mentally, emotionally and physically. Most everyone else just sees a car or a store and nothing more. A few who are already aware but have taken no action may be triggered to think a bit more on it or take a first step or not.

But let me remind you of something: For quite literally MONTHS on end, people (weren’t you on the bandwagon too?) claimed that Tesla would have to, 1000%, no way around it, Chinese culture and rules dictated that they MUST partner with a Chinese JV to make cars in China.

How’d that work out?
Certainly not on that bandwagon, in fact try finding a post about me even commenting about JV and China. I don't care about which way Tesla and China negotiate their terms because either way tech will be stolen, and Elon knows it. His answer to the matter is to out innovate yesterday's tech which is the only thing that matters.