Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you post proof/info/link that Gordon not shorting Tesla ?. I based on the fact that he thinks Tesla only worth $50/share and this $50 was used by Tesla shorts on the most concentration of Tesla shorts/writers on this palnet earth seekingalpha.com

He's been saying that since at least 2013 though.

Think about that. $50. For 8 years now. Wrong 100% of the time but he's sticking with it!

If he'd actually been shorting it since then he'd have a larger deficit than the federal government.

Best anyone can tell his primary skill is getting fired repeatedly for being terrible at his job- to the point the last almost 2 years he's been appearing on TV as the CEO of a company that is just his own initials, does not appear to actually manage any money for anyone and appears to have only 1 other employee besides himself.... that being another analysist who worked with him at his 2 previous jobs he was fired from.... the other guy (James Bardowski) has a SLIGHTLY better score than Gordon- #4362 out of almost 7400 on tipranks...

Looks like they also took a 41k PPP loan last year to make payroll for their 2 employees.

The listed address is not an office building BTW- it's a condo.

uggh, my HSA allows me to invest but the choices are

1616036837254.png

I spent about a half hour looking through holdings and basically there is no TSLA in any of these funds. To make it worse the top 10 holdings in almost every vanguard fund is very much like this (with TSMC, Tencent, Alibaba, Samsung, Nestle, Roche, ASML, Novartis, Toyota, and BHP).

1616036979702.png

I guess I'll have to look through them all and pick something that can at least beat inflation...

• Funny
Reactions: FireMedic

The document Rob is referencing has Berlin starting cell production in 2022,

I've got s strong hunch Austin might be producing cells before Berlin.
Once Austin is ramped, they may export cells from Austin to Berlin.

But initially, it seems like Berlin is totally dependent on cells from Fremont.
Starting 4680 battery production in Berlin should be Tesla's #1 priority (except for FSD, of course). Unless there are specific regulatory (permit) issues involved, Austin starting 4680 production before Berlin and shipping them across the pond makes no sense.

I can't wait until both factories begin the S-curve and Tesla moves from ~1M/year to ~5M/year over a 3-year period. This is when the dinosaur OEMs will look up and see the giant, flaming meteor in the sky.

uggh, my HSA allows me to invest but the choices are

View attachment 645456

I spent about a half hour looking through holdings and basically there is no TSLA in any of these funds. To make it worse the top 10 holdings in almost every vanguard fund is very much like this (with TSMC, Tencent, Alibaba, Samsung, Nestle, Roche, ASML, Novartis, Toyota, and BHP).

View attachment 645457

I guess I'll have to look through them all and pick something that can at least beat inflation...

Since you have "forced" diversification, you might as well just go with VITSX. You can say since this portfolio is "diversified" you can go harder on TSLA somewhere else.

Reactions: WattsHappening
Unless there are specific regulatory (permit) issues involved,

This could be the issue.

The German article Rob is referencing has Berlin getting permits some time between May and July.

(Not everything we read in the media is true, but we have no other timeline,)

I think Austin already has permits and a lot of the footers are already on site for the cell factory.

Austin is closer to Fremont meaning staff from the Fremont facility can more easily help set up Austin.
Austin may have the supply chains for battery cell materials already in place.

Shipping cells is not ideal, and is only a temporary phase.

This guy just a couple weeks ago was saying he thought TSLA wouldn’t give that great of returns over the next 3 years so he wouldn’t recommend it 🙄
If you listened carefully he was telling us what another member in his private group - a person who he has great respect for - was saying. He then gave his own opinion. Yes, three weeks ago he was a “hold” on the stock, but this other person in his group made him thinking and he is now considering buying more TSLA. There is nothing wrong listening to other people, have an open mind and change your investment thesis on a certain stock. I think it is quite admirable.

These are the posts that cheer me up the most when I open my TMC
page after a crazy day at work.
thanks for making my day, I am closing my browser right now.
started red, finished green, these are the best.
Yep, 850 within 4 weeks. Strong sensing skills in my ultrasonic tentacles.

Yep, 850 within 4 weeks. Strong sensing skills in my ultrasonic tentacles.
Max pain on 5/21 hasn’t changed in the last few weeks and the open interest is pretty large in comparison to other dates. Look at those puts at 1000. Can someone with a better sense of how significant this open interest or those 20,000 puts at the 900+ level that represent like 2 billion in exercise cost comment?

BD0454F7-5534-49A9-938F-4DA3A80348BF.png

Since you have "forced" diversification, you might as well just go with VITSX. You can say since this portfolio is "diversified" you can go harder on TSLA somewhere else.
well I have 4 other accounts that are mostly TSLA, 1 other account that is truly diversified but much smaller than the TSLA holdings.

It's just disappointing that I can't roll HSA funds into an account where I can load up on more TSLA.

How do I love TSLA? Let me count the ways

* main retail trading account 66% TSLA by value (bought and holding, not actively trading, but might buy more later)
* robinhood retail trading account I played around with and still have, 100% TSLA (bought and holding, not actively trading)
* rollover IRA 100% TSLA, no funds going into or out of this any time soon. (bought and holding, not actively trading)
* self directed account for current 401k - feeds off of my current employers 401k program (the self directed portion is 100% TSLA), this one continues to buy as funds pour in.

The HSA plan wants $3 a month to enable the investing portion so it won't make sense until I have a larger sum to play with there especially if it's limited to VITSX

The question is am I better off in the HSA with VITSX than using my post tax retail trading acount buying more TSLA? Especially with that $3 a month fee in play.

If diversity was the only goal I could just increase my 401k witholding instead of pumping some into the HSA. Not maxed out on 401k withholding because my employer doesn't match past the first few percent.

so those options now are

* HSA with VITSX and a $3 month fee for the account to stay active
* 401k with a healthy mix and I can put money into TSLA at will but there is no more matching at these levels
* retail trading account adding pure TSLA.

Last edited:
The HSA plan wants $3 a month to enable the investing portion so it won't make sense until I have a larger sum to play with there especially if it's limited to VITSX

I guess I'm lucky, my HSA let's us brokerage link to Schwab for free. (Avoiding the annual percentage they would charge for investing in their mutual funds.) Not that there is a lot there now...