Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well I have 4 other accounts that are mostly TSLA, 1 other account that is truly diversified but much smaller than the TSLA holdings.

It's just disappointing that I can't roll HSA funds into an account where I can load up on more TSLA.

How do I love TSLA? Let me count the ways

* main retail trading account 66% TSLA by value (bought and holding, not actively trading, but might buy more later)
* robinhood retail trading account I played around with and still have, 100% TSLA (bought and holding, not actively trading)
* rollover IRA 100% TSLA, no funds going into or out of this any time soon. (bought and holding, not actively trading)
* self directed account for current 401k - feeds off of my current employers 401k program (the self directed portion is 100% TSLA), this one continues to buy as funds pour in.

The HSA plan wants $3 a month to enable the investing portion so it won't make sense until I have a larger sum to play with there especially if it's limited to VITSX

The question is am I better off in the HSA with VITSX than using my post tax retail trading acount buying more TSLA? Especially with that $3 a month fee in play.

If diversity was the only goal I could just increase my 401k witholding instead of pumping some into the HSA. Not maxed out on 401k withholding because my employer doesn't match past the first few percent.

so those options now are

* HSA with VITSX and a $3 month fee for the account to stay active
* 401k with a healthy mix and I can put money into TSLA at will but there is no more matching at these levels
* retail trading account adding pure TSLA.
You should be able to transfer either everything or all but 1k out of your work sponsored HSA into a personal acct that will allow you to trade pretty much anything you want. Give them a call and ask.

Just realized the reason I can’t get info on the German market at this time is because Germany doesn’t do daylight savings so now Germany and the US premarket open at the same time. Sigh. It’s been really confusing and occasionally scary when the previous days change is still up when I’m expecting the next days trading to start.

• Informative
Reactions: MikeC
IMPORTANT!!!

I just realize that VW is doing the classic smearing campaign, amplify and spread bad news “VIOLENT CRASH” to tell uninformed public about it’s a danger to drive a Tesla with AutoPilot. This will kill both Tesla sales and its maturing FSD. The high Tesla stock price provides a very solid capital of free cash flow to build more Gigafactories for EV and best performance lowest price 4680 battery. That’s why VW did a lot of bragging during its Power Day and boosting its stock price to become the most valued company in Europe. It is playing the Tesla way. It is lucky that Benzinga EV Insights wrote a very informative article on this latest accident

This news by Benzinga EV Insights listed on Yahoo that shows the road intersection map as seen by FSD with a silver vehicle and a big red dot next to its R. rear tire. I do not own a Tesla with FSD so if somebody use Tesla FSD can tell me what’s the big red dot is? I like to know why it did not show the patrol car? The way this news is written look like a normal and informative report that shows

“Vehicles using the driver assist feature Autopilot have been shown to be safer overall than Teslas not using the system.” Only this Benzinga.com has this informative line, all others give impression that Tesla Auto Pilot is defective and Tesla has been warned to test its FSD using public roads instead of dedicated area. I prefer to use products that are tested with real use in real situations, not by a specific designed test area that has little resemblance to the real situation. This accident also happened so early in the morning 1:10AM. The young 22 yr old driver could be sleepy and/or his model Y was not loaded with beta 8.2

If you click on the below Twitter link, click on left picture it will show larger picture of a 2-way street, that is much smaller than the other side with 4 lanes/2 lane/each direction. The citation was for failure to move over, means to go over the other lane/direction to pass the police car. The driver failed to take control, may be sleepy., and Driving With Suspended License (DWSL) .

You can see the tweet by Tesla Tech @TeslaTech7 “Autopilot is cruise control +. You have to pay attention, it doesn’t pretend to be 100% autonomous. You acknowledge you are responsible and in control. It will protect you more than not, but cannot handle all situations. I use it all the time, and it’s amazing 99% of the time.”

?

Are you wondering that there are only news about Tesla FSD testing using the real roads and none from any other competitors? This means Tesla is way ahead of others in FSD and robotaxis testing.

Tesla Driving On Autopilot Crashes Into Michigan State Police Vehicle

This is the news from CNBC.com titled Tesla faces 2nd NHTSA probe In Michigan this month. The latest crash in a string of accidents involving a Tesla EV operating in Autopilot hits police car in Michigan. All the strong words to highlight its opponent’s bad news. This CNBC news will tell you all about past Tesla accidents with older version of Autopilot. The video at the end is very helpful in explaining the story.

Tesla faces second NHTSA probe in Michigan this month

So hang on tight dear Tesla comrades.

1616054685256.png

1616054712270.png

Can you post proof/info/link that Gordon not shorting Tesla ?. I based on the fact that he thinks Tesla only worth $50/share and this $50 was used by Tesla shorts on the most concentration of Tesla shorts/writers on this palnet earth seekingalpha.com
I can't prove it, but his $50 PT is way up from the $19 PT he had on the stock on 2019 (pre-split price), if one followed the same logic you'd imagine he was shorting back when we were trading at ~$40 pre-split, so he'd be cleaned-out by now

In any case, his arguments on demand have no logic, and he surely knows this, I can't imagine he'd pony-up his own money based on that

To be precise, if you're clueless on Tesla, turn on CNBS and see Gordo shouting about ID3 outselling M3 in Norway for January, it seems pretty convincing, it's only when you ave that deeper understanding of things that you know it to be nonsense. Might inspire the more clueless to short the stock or at least hold-off buying it

Of course, anyone making investment decisions based on any mainstream media coverage, without further due-diligence, is likely to lose their money

Last edited:
Here is a sample of seekingalpha.com, the most concentrated hub of Tesla shorts/writers, also a PARTNER of CNBC.com

This is about what Dr. Lomborg, he has been speaking and writing about climate science for almost 20 years, said about electric vehicles in a recent interview:

Quote “So the reality is that these cars will typically, over their lifetime, cut maybe 10 tons of CO2. Now, to most people that doesn't mean anything. But actually, on the standard marketplaces for CO2 emissions in the U.S, you could cut a similar amount for $60 right now. So spending $7,500 on subsidies to get that amount over even ten years is a really bad idea”. So you can cut 10 tons of CO2 for $60 ? Elon can give $100M to anyone to remove/suck CO2 from our atmosphere in a recent tweet/news.

Bjorn Lomborg says subsidies for electric cars are "really bad".

Read the Tesla shorts’ comments in this article:

I had to post our Tesla hot video using beta 8.2 to educate/fight back their garbage

Tesla's (TSLA) Autopilot lands in the spotlight again

This could be the issue.

The German article Rob is referencing has Berlin getting permits some time between May and July.

(Not everything we read in the media is true, but we have no other timeline,)

I think Austin already has permits and a lot of the footers are already on site for the cell factory.

Austin is closer to Fremont meaning staff from the Fremont facility can more easily help set up Austin.
Austin may have the supply chains for battery cell materials already in place.

Shipping cells is not ideal, and is only a temporary phase.
We have direct information from the environmental Minister about the timeline for Giga Berlin permit approval from his latest committee meeting.

People who have direct responsibility talked

There is no need to rely on media reports in that respect

There is a 2nd storm of “Autopilot Tesla crash into police/patrol car” all over again on Yahoo

Tesla down -$16.7 -2.35% to $685 pre-market 4.48 AM ET

Quote: “Before this week, NHTSA previously launched at least 14 SCI teams following Tesla crashes that were suspected of being tied to its Autopilot driver assistance system. The agency has taken no action as a result of those probes.” It does not citing the result of the past probes. No action was taken, does it mean it’s OK for Tesla to improve/test its life-saving FSD SW using the real roads instead of simulated test track?

UPDATE 1-U.S. investigating suspected Autopilot Tesla crash into police vehicle

Just realized the reason I can’t get info on the German market at this time is because Germany doesn’t do daylight savings so now Germany and the US premarket open at the same time. Sigh. It’s been really confusing and occasionally scary when the previous days change is still up when I’m expecting the next days trading to start.
Not quite, Frankfurt opens 8:00 CET, US pre-pre-markets are one hour later...

This is the link you want: Tradegate Exchange

Here is a sample of seekingalpha.com, the most concentrated hub of Tesla shorts/writers, also a PARTNER of CNBC.com

This is about what Dr. Lomborg, he has been speaking and writing about climate science for almost 20 years, said about electric vehicles in a recent interview:

Quote “So the reality is that these cars will typically, over their lifetime, cut maybe 10 tons of CO2. Now, to most people that doesn't mean anything. But actually, on the standard marketplaces for CO2 emissions in the U.S, you could cut a similar amount for $60 right now. So spending $7,500 on subsidies to get that amount over even ten years is a really bad idea”. So you can cut 10 tons of CO2 for $60 ? Elon can give $100M to anyone to remove/suck CO2 from our atmosphere in a recent tweet/news.

Bjorn Lomborg says subsidies for electric cars are "really bad".

Read the Tesla shorts’ comments in this article:

I had to post our Tesla hot video using beta 8.2 to educate/fight back their garbage

Tesla's (TSLA) Autopilot lands in the spotlight again
Two key points, Bjørn Lomborg is one of the most prolific climate-change deniers Bjørn Lomborg, just a scientist with a different opinion?

Secondly, did he also mention the subsidies that fossil-fuels receive in the US? Fact Sheet | Fossil Fuel Subsidies: A Closer Look at Tax Breaks and Societal Costs | White Papers | EESI

There is a 2nd storm of “Autopilot Tesla crash into police/patrol car” all over again on Yahoo

Tesla down -$16.7 -2.35% to $685 pre-market 4.48 AM ET

Quote: “Before this week, NHTSA previously launched at least 14 SCI teams following Tesla crashes that were suspected of being tied to its Autopilot driver assistance system. The agency has taken no action as a result of those probes.” It does not citing the result of the past probes. No action was taken, does it mean it’s OK for Tesla to improve/test its life-saving FSD SW using the real roads instead of simulated test track?

UPDATE 1-U.S. investigating suspected Autopilot Tesla crash into police vehicle
You know, with the amount of money resting on $TSLA shorting and options trading, would be quite advantageous for some to buy a Tesla and have a someone in desperate need of cash, drive it into a police car, or fire-truck, etc. Not so fast as to hurt anyone, of course, but enough to make headlines

Given the historically documented tactics of the short-and-distort criminals, I wouldn't put it past them.

• Disagree
Reactions: SpaceCash
You know, with the amount of money resting on $TSLA shorting and options trading, would be quite advantageous for some to buy a Tesla and have a someone in desperate need of cash, drive it into a police car, or fire-truck, etc. Not so fast as to hurt anyone, of course, but enough to make headlines

Given the historically documented tactics of the short-and-distort criminals, I wouldn't put it past them.
You mention another important scheme that I forgot to post. It's been used often. Thanks

VW is switching from pouch cells to prismatic cells. S Koreans don't have large production capacity for large prismatic cells. VW switching from Korean suppliers to Chinese, North Volt and internal production. I guess either VW or Chinese battery company will build a battery factory in Tennessee ?

Tesla uses cylindrical cells and so will Rivian and Lucid.

So that means more pouch cells for everyone else?
Maybe already discussed here after yesterday (haven't read all posts since yesterday), but might this be the consequence of VW looking at Tesla's future structural batterypack?
VW thinking: good idea of Tesla.
We make it honeycomb, so that prismatic cells will fit snugly in the honeycomb.
Cannot get more structural battery density than that I think.
Mods: if too much OT than just delete, but it could be something that will affect SP's.

• Informative
Reactions: capster