Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you guys think about Tesla operating it's own semi fleet (potentially with FSD in the future) as opposed to selling semis to fleet operators?
I believe you're overthinking this. Years ago (shortly after Semi was unveiled), Elon told us that Tesla would be its own first customer, using the logistics route between Giga Nevada and Fremont to prove the Semi design in actual operations.

They futher annnounced that certain key partners would get the 2nd batch of Semi's (eg: PepsiCo bottler in the SF Bay area). That's likely end of 2021, given estimates of Tesla's internal needs (~500 tractors for their W. coast logistics), and the estimated production volume ramp (up to ~100 semi's/wk by year end).

But the most direct statement of intent was made by Elon way, way back in his 1st "Secret Master Plan": (published Aug 2, 2006)

The overarching purpose of Tesla Motors (and the reason I am funding the company) is to help expedite the move from a mine-and-burn hydrocarbon economy towards a solar electric economy, which I believe to be the primary, but not exclusive, sustainable solution.

In order to achieve the Mission of accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy, Tesla must sell it's products to 3rd parties. Otherwise, the diesel-fueled freightliners of this world have no competition for purchase by fleet operators, and will thereby drag their feet in the switch to sustainable transport.

Look for Tesla Semi routes to be dotted with Megachargers, powered by Megapacks charged from solar farms. It's part of the Master Plan from 2006. Now Tesla is on the verge of extending that goal to heavy trucking. I expect by the 20th aniversary of Elon's blog post, we'll see Tesla Semi routes across the U.S. powered by the Sun and operating 100% fossil-free (net-zero carbon).

But Tesla's competitors will only make the switch if their established business line is threatened. Only by taking sales away from diesel truck makers will those manufacturers be forced to switch to electric technology. Develop their own EV tech; license from Tesla; or die: It's the invisible hand.

Tesla has long said it can't do it alone. But it can accelerate the transition by using the power of the free market, through competition based on the superior economics of renewables. It's a clean, bright future (and a very profitable one for Tesla investors).

Cheers!

They futher annnounced that certain key partners would get the 2nd batch of Semi's (eg: PepsiCo bottler in the SF Bay area). That's likely end of 2021, given estimates of Tesla's internal needs (~500 tractors for their W. coast logistics), and the estimated production volume ramp (up to ~100 semi's/wk by year end).

Sooner than end of year from everything we've heard lately-

Bill Wright GFNV employee said:
Giga Nevada production expected early Q2, delivery to customers to follow immediately after

• Disagree
Reactions: SpaceCash
Why is the market tanking?

The market isn't tanking. The Nasdaq went from up 1.75% to now up 1.2%. That's not really tanking.

TSLA on the other hand has gone from 4.5X the Nasdaq to under 2X now. I'm expecting the stock to continue to have weak trading until sometime next week when hopefully some serious FOMO buying comes in when Q1 P/D's anticipation kicks in. Stock is dead money in the meantime (unless you're playing weekly opitons)

In what way? These afternoon pushdowns are not reflective of true pricing IMO, we touched $700 today and should build from there tomorrow or the next day. Remember, there's a bit more money sloshing around this week.

Idk man.....that was a very weak trading day, especially in the afternoon. If anything, I could see a push farther down along with a sprinkle of Q1 FUD worries leading into next week.

1616443354780.png

$685.23

Ark’s new price target will change the momentum a bit, like someone on a tug-o-war suddenly gaining 10 pounds. Momentum will continue to shift as other funds revise their PT’s upwards to keep up with Cathie. This will support a more gradual return to the $800s
You win! Congrats!

I dotn understand what moves price and I think I give up trying.

Seems like the casting machine isn't at 100% if this is accurate.

Seriously... As far as dumb TSLAQ theories go this one takes the crown, and that is no small feat.

Think about this for just one second.

Tesla has sold over 100.000 Model Ys so far. (It was at 90k at the end of January). A 10% success / 90% scrap rate would mean they would have had to produce 900.000 scraps (!). Tesla has sold and produced 500.000 cars last year, but somehow we should believe they have made an additional 900k scrap Model Y castings and still made a profit.

Given the source, no doubt this is as REALTESLA as it get.

Pffffft. Get this junk out of here. Math doesn't even add up.
I love how if that FUD'ster has just been logical in his made up rumor, he could have actually been taken seriously. But instead he/she goes for the home run of FUD and claims they're only hitting a 10% yield......which is laughable in how ridiculous it is. We would see way....way more proof if the Giga presses were only achieving 10% yield.

I love how if that FUD'ster has just been logical in his made up rumor, he could have actually been taken seriously. But instead he/she goes for the home run of FUD and claims they're only hitting a 10% yield......which is laughable in how ridiculous it is. We would see way....way more proof if the Giga presses were only achieving 10% yield.
Because the other 90% yield is actually made by Volkswagen's secret casting machine..only way to explain all these model Y deliveries. But there's MORE! Rumor has it those Model Ys are actually the ID4s Volkswagen sold to Tesla, hence increasing their marketshare in Norway.

These fudsters' trash conspiracy theories.

I dotn understand what moves price and I think I give up trying.

Seems like the casting machine isn't at 100% if this is accurate.

Given the source, no doubt this is as REALTESLA as it get.

Pffffft. Get this junk out of here. Math doesn't even add up.

F this guy and "Real Tesla". Dude isn't casting Tesla's - he is probably casting Monopoly thimbles.

I have to believe that the staff at Tesla are sleeping on the factory floor if needed to accelerate out of any S-curves at plaid speed.