Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As to fewer vehicles because of S and X production lul, what happened to the crew responsible for producing these vehicles. We’re they furloughed or put to good use to produce some extra 3s and Ys, if that is possible.
I think I posted in here yesterday that a rumor is that the Cyber(nota)truck Assembly line is being created on that space by Fremont engineers and employees. And this will reduce the time till Cyber(nota)truck production is started in Austin.

The City of San Bernardino revealed on their Facebook page Tesla has recently leased a massive 320,000 square foot warehouse.

Without detailing what exactly Tesla will use the site for, the city welcomed the automaker as a “community and business partner,” saying the opening will bring “business and job opportunities” to the local economy.

Let the speculation begin!

Distribution/service center for the semi coming from Texas for the SW market... but that's a few months away. Right now I want a big fat burrito thanks to your pic.

Reactions: Chunky Jr.
Reuters - 1.5 hours ago: Park GM van outside pending recall

Excerpt:

The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said owners of about 10,000 new General Motors vans should park outside because of fire risks pending recall repairs.

The Detroit automaker on Wednesday recalled 10,154 2021 model year Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana vehicles with 6.6L gas engines after reports of four engine fires tied to a short circuit issue...

Imagine if these vans were on the new Battery platform :)

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
Sure, but I don’t want to lock away shares. I’d rather sell longer-term CCs to cover it and roll the dice (or the calls). Maybe I’d use it instead of a mortgage if I buy another property, but I’ll figure out taxes without it - margin will probably be enough.

The asset-backed line of credit is a great tool, though. If I could use it with my IRA shares, that’d be wonderful.

Well, you don't have to keep any more shares in that account than to support any withdrawals you have made. It isn't "locked", per se.

What's one quarter full of S&X cells fot TE? Is it a relevant new cell supply?
No, because Tesla Energy products don't use 18650 cells. (Not to mention storage uses a different formulation than is used for vehicles.) So the question is did Panasonic pause the production of those cells, or has Tesla been stockpiling S&X battery cells/packs?

Reuters - 1.5 hours ago: Park GM van outside pending recall

Excerpt:

The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said owners of about 10,000 new General Motors vans should park outside because of fire risks pending recall repairs.

The Detroit automaker on Wednesday recalled 10,154 2021 model year Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana vehicles with 6.6L gas engines after reports of four engine fires tied to a short circuit issue...
A short circuit. In the electrical system. See: if these vans had no electrics they wouldn’t have electrical fires.

You can see where this is leading.....

I ain't liking this 660 trampoline...come break on thru to the other side!

MM's need to shake it a little longer to entice more contract closings. Seems futile to me, but they're the professionals.

kingpin_48.jpg

Tesla Helped Find & Fix a Bug in the Open-Source Bitcoin Payment Proce

“The security team did an audit and contacted us. We then focused on fixing most of the points they disclosed one by one. They are now helping us to improve our process for security related disclosure,” BTCPay founder Nicolas Dorier told CoinDesk.

The BTCPay team publicly expressed gratitude to Tesla for "a responsible disclosure, helping us with remediation, and handling the situation professionally," in the software release fixing the bug.
We want to thank @Tesla for submitting the disclosure that led to these fixes and helping us with remediation. Thank you for contributing to the community and helping keep our users safe. 💚
— BTCPay Server (@BtcpayServer) March 30, 2021

Tesla Helped Find & Fix a Bug in the Open-Source Bitcoin Payment Proce

“The security team did an audit and contacted us. We then focused on fixing most of the points they disclosed one by one. They are now helping us to improve our process for security related disclosure,” BTCPay founder Nicolas Dorier told CoinDesk.

The BTCPay team publicly expressed gratitude to Tesla for "a responsible disclosure, helping us with remediation, and handling the situation professionally," in the software release fixing the bug.
And yet they’re double charging people for cars. 🙄

Here's more or less Biden's speech from WhiteHouse.gov:

Doesn't say specifically how much EV tax credits are worth, or if the cap will be removed, but at least it stresses investment in American-made EVs manufactured by Americans.

Also, it says US positioning itself to become leader in "Climate Science, Innovation, and R&D"
  • Establish the United States as a leader in climate science, innovation, and R&D. The President is calling on Congress to invest $35 billion in the full range of solutions needed to achieve technology breakthroughs that address the climate crisis and position America as the global leader in clean energy technology and clean energy jobs. This includes launching ARPA-C to develop new methods for reducing emissions and building climate resilience, as well as expanding across-the-board funding for climate research. In addition to a $5 billion increase in funding for other climate-focused research, his plan will invest $15 billion in demonstration projects for climate R&D priorities, including utility-scale energy storage, carbon capture and storage, hydrogen, advanced nuclear, rare earth element separations, floating offshore wind, biofuel/bioproducts, quantum computing, and electric vehicles, as well as strengthening U.S. technological leadership in these areas in global markets.
Anyway, looks good for SpaceX (Starlink, wants cheap broadband for all Americans), Tesla Energy and Tesla Motors

Also, from same White House Fact Sheet, pushing for carbon-free energy by 2035. And this:
  • Jumpstart clean energy manufacturing through federal procurement. The federal government spends more than a half-a-trillion dollars buying goods and services each year. As a result, it has the ability to be a first-mover in markets. This incredible purchasing power can be used to drive innovation and clean energy production, as well as to support high quality jobs. To meet the President’s goals of achieving net-zero emissions by 2050, the United States will need more electric vehicles, charging ports, and electric heat pumps for residential heating and commercial buildings. The President is calling on Congress to enable the manufacture of those cars, ports, pumps, and clean materials, as well as critical technologies like advanced nuclear reactors and fuel, here at home through a $46 billion investment in federal buying power, creating good-paying jobs and reinvigorating local economies, especially in rural areas.

Your state may differ, but I had to re-learn Rules of the Road etc. when I moved to Alaska and had to take a driver test. At that time, I learned :

ONE NEVER has the right of way. Rather, the rules specifically present situations where one must yield the right of way.

That's exactly what a right-of-way is! Saying one car must yield to another is granting the right-of-way to the other car. The right-of-way is relative to that one other car only - it doesn't mean the car with the right-of-way doesn't have to yield to other traffic! You are splitting hairs that absolutely don't need to be split.

Reactions: FireMedic
And this:

• Increase access to capital for domestic manufacturers. America’s manufacturing industry needs to innovate, adapt, and scale to win the industries of the future. President Biden is calling on Congress to invest more than $52 billion in domestic manufacturers. The President is calling on Congress to invest in existing capital access programs with a proven track record of success, with a focus on supporting rural manufacturing and clean energy. The President’s plan also includes specific supports for modernizing supply chains, including in the auto sector, like extending the 48C tax credit program. He also will call for the creation of a new financing program to support debt and equity investments for manufacturing to strengthen the resilience of America’s supply chains.

Lots of positive developments for Tesla and very negative developments for the fossil fuel industry, sort of a death sentence. A big win win win win win for Tesla if this actually passes in any meaningful way. We'll see.

• Eliminate Tax Preferences for Fossil Fuels and Make Sure Polluting Industries Pay for Environmental Clean Up. The current tax code includes billions of dollars in subsidies, loopholes, and special foreign tax credits for the fossil fuel industry. As part of the President’s commitment to put the country on a path to net-zero emissions by 2050, his tax reform proposal will eliminate all these special preferences. The President is also proposing to restore payments from polluters into the Superfund Trust Fund so that polluting industries help fairly cover the cost of cleanups.