Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not a fan either, mostly because I feel like I’m in the Twilight Zone and it’s both 1970 and 2021 at the same time. It comes across much like Gordon claiming Tesla has a demand problem because they only sold 5 cars in the Netherlands in Q121, while simultaneously expecting 185k deliveries in Q121.
Re Elon being nominated as director of Endeavor and its upcoming IPO .. there is more than beauty pageant stuff in Endeavor's business - Frieze art fairs are a BIG deal in the art world for instance. Beauty pageants certainly can reek of feminism blahs, BUT let's face it sex or should I say sexy ads STILL works (and TBH I find the new asexual new world being foisted on us .. toilets with multiple designations besides M/F, surveys and questionnaires with a whole page asking for sex at birth/ preferred / assigned / want to be called etc .. boring beyond BS ).
What's more sexy BTW than a smart, beautiful and powerful woman ... beauty pageants also have a mind aspect .. . Speaking of which Arthur Schwarzenegger would probably be one of the most successful "beauty pageant" person in the Male category, if there were the equivalent contests for males, yes?

OT/Rant - I do appreciate Apple's tech, innovation and styling, but TBH the dry prune look of Tim Cook (plus Apple's non existent mission statement, yes, try and find one . .what a joke) really turns me off .. SpaceX however, led by smart & tough Gwynne Shotwell ( cheerleader in HS BTW) makes me smile a heck of a lot more.

Not sure why I took the time to pen these lightweight notes .. O maybe b/c I had an excellent prolonged sip of the Nosostros Tequila * which arrived yesterday just in time to celebrate the first anti dip SP - sold some Stonk @ 699 in my Roth ( I'd just left this open limit sell order a while back and was greatly amused when it hit, seemingly caught today's high) and promptly bought some 01 21 2022 1250 calls - yeah missed it shoulda been the 1220 calls LOL )

(*) Nosostros Tequila: makers of Tesla's Teslaquila - I'm too value oriented to splurge for if, that reposado is quite good, BTW, beats your Couvoisier et al by a long shot in smoothness/ taste. OK looking forward to making another notch on the Nosostros blank label for next week's possible next anti dip. But really not too concerned if the SP goes sideways till .. Sep my next calls stopover). My Jan & June 21 calls were spectacular, so even if the Sep deflates it's no big deal. => enjoying the luxurious comfort of being long.

Non-April Fool anecdata here. And not that any participant is ignorant of Tesla's multi-year success in Norway, only that the market's closed for a couple of earth-twirls now, so...

We had a terrific FaceTime chat with a favorite close relative - American - yesterday. She was lucky enough to have been accepted into a PhD program in Norway so, pandemic or no, just after the holidays she - and with her dog, too! - successfully negotiated the trans-national/trans-continental travel restrictions and has been living in Oslo since January 4. And found what appears to be a truly nice apartment somewhere in western Oslo; ground floor of a private home.

In our discussions, I asked her about the apparent prevalence of Teslas. Her response, as close to verbatim as memory permits:

"Even remembering that this is a nice commune (= district, I gather), I swear it seems that every third car is a Tesla, and at least half of the rest are other EVs."

Wow! That's almost as high a rate as downtown Paxson!

(*) Nosostros Tequila: makers of Tesla's Teslaquila - I'm too value oriented to splurge for if, that reposado is quite good, BTW, beats your Couvoisier et al by a long shot in smoothness/ taste.
Shouldn't you be drinking their anejo if you want to recreate the Teslaquila but don't want to splurge for it?

Oh, and to keep it on topic, you should definitely splurge for the Tesla branded tequila! ;)

"Even remembering that this is a nice commune (= district, I gather), I swear it seems that every third car is a Tesla, and at least half of the rest are other EVs."

Wow! That's almost as high a rate as downtown Paxson!
Our friends in Palo Alto call Teslas the ‘Palo Alto Prius’

Shouldn't you be drinking their anejo if you want to recreate the Teslaquila but don't want to splurge for it?

Oh, and to keep it on topic, you should definitely splurge for the Tesla branded tequila! ;)
This must be my April’s Fools joke, I was notified by mail today that they tried to deliver both my Tesla Tequila orders. I work from home and never heard a bell or a knock.
My powerwalls supplied me power during an outage too so no idea how I missed out on early pickling today. 😂
1B40E2DA-E7D1-4FA3-A956-1640B162274A.jpeg

It looked so promising in the beginning as they jumped out to a 20 point lead, but they were not able to hold it and snapped their two game winning streak. All eyes are now on Monday's game.

Today
Score: 661.75
Margin of W/L: -6.18
Attendance: 35,206,288

Season
Record: 30-32
Total margin in wins: 736.85
Total margin in losses: -780.77
YTD gain/loss: -43.92 -6.22%
Avg margin of victory: 24.56
Avg margin of defeat: -24.40
Best Win: 110.58 2021-03-09
Worst Loss: -68.83 2021-01-11
Last 10: 5-5
Streak: L1
Avg Attendance: 40,011,870
Avg Attendance of Last 10: 36,122,116

It is probably safe to say that, well, it is the weekend. What with the ban on the April Fools shenanigans, as an alternative for those who enjoy a little jocularity every now and then, here's a playlist of short videos containing funny Elon moments, in the form of a 2020 Christmas Calendar from Lars at Best in Tesla.

If you find yourself in the mood for light humor to pass the time this weekend, consider them Easter Eggs.

Who wants to bet on how long it will take for the mods to step in? You all know they will eventually so why not just stop now?
If only... it seems like there's only one mod left and he can't keep up. Why else did I just scroll through dozens of posts about beauty pageants, posted during market hours?!

Can we please all try to moderate ourselves better?

Re Elon being nominated as director of Endeavor and its upcoming IPO .. there is more than beauty pageant stuff in Endeavor's business - Frieze art fairs are a BIG deal in the art world for instance. Beauty pageants certainly can reek of feminism blahs, BUT let's face it sex or should I say sexy ads STILL works (and TBH I find the new asexual new world being foisted on us .. toilets with multiple designations besides M/F, surveys and questionnaires with a whole page asking for sex at birth/ preferred / assigned / want to be called etc .. boring beyond BS ).
What's more sexy BTW than a smart, beautiful and powerful woman ... beauty pageants also have a mind aspect .. . Speaking of which Arthur Schwarzenegger would probably be one of the most successful "beauty pageant" person in the Male category, if there were the equivalent contests for males, yes?

OT/Rant - I do appreciate Apple's tech, innovation and styling, but TBH the dry prune look of Tim Cook (plus Apple's non existent mission statement, yes, try and find one . .what a joke) really turns me off .. SpaceX however, led by smart & tough Gwynne Shotwell ( cheerleader in HS BTW) makes me smile a heck of a lot more.

Not sure why I took the time to pen these lightweight notes .. O maybe b/c I had an excellent prolonged sip of the Nosostros Tequila * which arrived yesterday just in time to celebrate the first anti dip SP - sold some Stonk @ 699 in my Roth ( I'd just left this open limit sell order a while back and was greatly amused when it hit, seemingly caught today's high) and promptly bought some 01 21 2022 1250 calls - yeah missed it shoulda been the 1220 calls LOL )

(*) Nosostros Tequila: makers of Tesla's Teslaquila - I'm too value oriented to splurge for if, that reposado is quite good, BTW, beats your Couvoisier et al by a long shot in smoothness/ taste. OK looking forward to making another notch on the Nosostros blank label for next week's possible next anti dip. But really not too concerned if the SP goes sideways till .. Sep my next calls stopover). My Jan & June 21 calls were spectacular, so even if the Sep deflates it's no big deal. => enjoying the luxurious comfort of being long.
According to my stock app TSLA high was only $692 today—did you mistype, or is my app wrong? What do others show?

No TSLA bought or sold by ARK today.

Interestingly enough, not much activity in terms of numbers of different names traded by ARK today. ARK transacted only 7 different tickers (3 buys and 4 sells). Don't think I've ever seen them transact so few tickers in a day.
the good news is now we wont see ARK selling so quickly as TSLA runs up past $900/share ... they had to position themselves so they could HODL more shares I read somewhere on TMC now max is 30% in a any one security... i dont hold any ARK but it seems like a good move given their 2025 price target

Wait, wait, wait.... Gordo and all others Bears say Credits are ending and are a diminishing item. How can it be VW is buying more? According to THEM all the other car makers were going to instantly puke up 1M EVs each and bye bye credits. How could they be wrong? LOL

To put things in perspective, every superbowl has about 100 million views and it cost 5.6 million for a 30 sec time slot plus the cost of making a creative commercial. Companies wish their car commercial can have a 50% engagement rate, but it's just lost in a sea of every car commercial that night.

Elons tweet is now worth millions in advertisement dollars.
True, but also dangerous if he’s having a particularly bad day...

You know I wish instead of charging my phone at night by my bed, I wish I would have to go somewhere inconvenient.
Imagine having to travel to a “phone charging station” just for that purpose...

Reactions: JustMe and Big Time