Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah but what strike to be safe, even for weeklies. I'll wait for it to stabalise a bit before selling calls.

There should be an immediate spike and then it will take a couple of days for analysts to crunch their numbers giving the big money confidence to keep pushing it up. This could be the catalyst we've been waiting for to get back into the $800's again, possibly by earnings.

The money selling calls is when the volatility is high, not when it "stabilizes". Besides, if I guestimate too low, I'll just roll them up and out to the next week.

I'll probably be looking at selling something that at least "appears" safe on Monday, like $805, but I won't make that decision until I see where the stock is trading pre-market on Monday.

EDIT - not advice, just my plans for my funds.

Yes, she was IS beautiful, intelligent and independent, especially for the place and the era. Assuming that Elon is really accepting a seat on the BoD of the pageant, I'm confident he wants to reform the judging criteria to empower women. We know Elon still respects his mother today (unlike his father who reminds me of the type of men that tend to run these beauty pageants). It's almost like Elon is trying to reverse the all the wrongs in his life.

Edit: And I believe she still models occasionally!
FIFY

Astounding number, I guess we can expect 1M guidance on the 1Q call. Hopefully not. Hopefully this new under-promising system from Zack has them set guidance to 880k.

A little annoyed I deleveraged somewhat early Thursday. Ah well, still have a few calls active that should 10x.

Price action yesterday was borderline insanity, so I assume we tsunami up to $750 right quick early next week. If we're even remotely flat at the open I'm selling shares into LEAPs. Can't image that's possible.

To keep all this in perspective, $750 is right around where all this (I assume) shorting started 40 days ago. So a massive unwinding to $800+ shouldn't be too surprising.

As it is 4/2, I wanted to send how I feel about this board and the people here:

I think you are all great individuals who care deeply about others enough to sink so much money into an Elon Musk company (who is probably bat insane, but he's OUURRR bat brilliant insane person who's trying to do good and better civilization). You are all very smart and group minded. A majority, if not most, have had a generously positive effect on my life over the past years that have been very tough. I appreciate you all and consider it an honor, of sorts, to be on this board and helping to contribute to the cause. You all rock. Keep up the great contributions and work.

I really hope I'm wrong, but the typical parties have all weekend plus an extra day to get their FUD in high gear to try to suppress a rally on Monday. We've already seen CNBS move the goal posts so it looks like TSLA didn't beat the consensus as much as they actually did. Where are the fire stories? Deaths on autopilot? Elon tweets vs. SEC?

I expect it to be a FUD-filled weekend, sadly.

I really hope I'm wrong, but the typical parties have all weekend plus an extra day to get their FUD in high gear to try to suppress a rally on Monday. We've already seen CNBS move the goal posts so it looks like TSLA didn't beat the consensus as much as they actually did. Where are the fire stories? Deaths on autopilot? Elon tweets vs. SEC?

I am sure we will hear "No profit without credits....." at least 1000 times before market open Monday.

The money selling calls is when the volatility is high, not when it "stabilizes". Besides, if I guestimate too low, I'll just roll them up and out to the next week.

I'll probably be looking at selling something that at least "appears" safe on Monday, like $805, but I won't make that decision until I see where the stock is trading pre-market on Monday.

EDIT - not advice, just my plans for my funds.
I bought back my 1,2,3, and 4 week short term ccs, but kept my mid term june and july 1200s. Should still be safe but I hope not. 🙂

Man, I came so close to selling yesterday, a $717.50 call I bought at the dip on Monday that expires next Friday. After the initial bump, I was hoping for a bigger upside after Biden's speech which fizzled and with not a whole lot of confidence that the P&D numbers would be this good. Shame on me. The best part is that this was bought in my newly rolled over, self directed Roth account.

We should be so lucky.

For me this is a buy indicator right up there with S an P addition and split.

And we just found VW is handing cash to Tesla in China.

Guess anything possible in short term but please, give me FUD.

We should be so lucky.

For me this is a buy indicator right up there with S an P addition and split.

And we just found VW is handing cash to Tesla in China.

Guess anything possible in short term but please, give me FUD.

The chart set up combined with this huge beat is going to result in dramatic results