Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have our answer. Nasdaq continues to power higher and still getting capped. In fact we're dropping as the Nasdaq goes higher. Wall St BS never ceases to amaze me sometimes (mostly in how blatant they are).

I have zero interest in selling my 4/9 Call's at any price under 700 so I'll just sit and wait to see what happens tomorrow and/or Wed. I may end up getting screwed if they actually manage to pin this to 700 for the entire week but oh well, this was just short term lotto money anyways.
Like was said already, they got deep pockets. But I'm gonna root for ya and think your odds are still quite good for a Friday blowout.
Someone's doing a great job keeping it up for the moment - the MMD was a little weak relatively speaking, IMO.
Maybe some more ARK, we'll see. (Although they probably have a gut full of TSLA already.)

It's really, really simple: (once you tear off the public-school bandaid over your eyes)
  • MMs/hedgies are engaged in profitable, routine, naked shortselling (SEC-pwned)
  • Wedgies won't give up their scam easily, nor their prize steer (TSLA)
  • Only when wedgies are FORCED to cover does the SP go up substantially:
    • 2020Q3 share dividend created equity which could not be counterfeited
    • S&P inclusion shifted shares to direct owners (funds) not benefical owners (retail)
    • Large Funds litigate any FTDs; Retail investors don't even know what they don't have
  • Simple: Tesla needs to follow up the next good Earnings Report with a share dividend.
It's as simple as that. Elon, Zach: it's time for the next stock split, gentlemen. TIA.

Cheers!
That all is true and we can consider it something that obviously should be illegal, but it's all still a zero sum game.

Every move they make must be unwound. They only make money if their shenanigans create an irrational response from the rest of the market. Today's "market making" is rooted in naked shorting that will eventually need to be unwound.

This is why we all need to be paying closer attention to the GME/wsb nonsense. These games have never not worked, until this year. They make money and lose money on various plays, like the TSLA one we see here, but never before has retail been able to create such a coordinated HODL.

I'm sitting on my 4/9's as well, waiting for my price which is still ~100% away. Perhaps this unwinds tomorrow, perhaps I have to wait and monetize it in my June calls. I will continue to spite-hold til I get my price or am forced to sell Friday morning.

We have our answer. Nasdaq continues to power higher and still getting capped. In fact we're dropping as the Nasdaq goes higher. Wall St BS never ceases to amaze me sometimes (mostly in how blatant they are).

I have zero interest in selling my 4/9 Call's at any price under 700 so I'll just sit and wait to see what happens tomorrow and/or Wed. I may end up getting screwed if they actually manage to pin this to 700 for the entire week but oh well, this was just short term lotto money anyways.
Tsla is flat while ARK continues to tumble. So there's definitely some risk off sell off from high beta tech stocks. Tesla would have tumbled harder today if it wasn't for the good PD report.

Can we all agree that making fun of Gordon is ok, but it's redundant to actually respond to his points?

So, who wants to make some odds as to our next catalyst? Aside from earnings of course. My bet is on this Toyota deal, whatever that is. I think just like the Apple Megapack purchase, even if it's not huge in terms of cash, it will be a nice validation of the brand and Tesla's position in the space.

Tsla is flat while ARK continues to tumble. So there's definitely some risk off sell off from high beta tech stocks. Tesla would have tumbled harder today if it wasn't for the good PD report.
It appears that tesla tends to sell off on bullish news because apparently
the valuation is so high that it must already be discounted, that
is what the market makers would like you to believe.

Eventually they will be wrong. Teslas growth story is relentless.

Can we all agree that making fun of Gordon is ok, but it's redundant to actually respond to his points?

So, who wants to make some odds as to our next catalyst? Aside from earnings of course. My bet is on this Toyota deal, whatever that is. I think just like the Apple Megapack purchase, even if it's not huge in terms of cash, it will be a nice validation of the brand and Tesla's position in the space.
Toyota deal may see Toyota stock price rise, but I’ll take the bet it’s a big nothing burger for TSLA.

ER is a catalyst one way or another. Nothing else at this time unless there’s a Tesla surprise that a 5 year old could see affects the bottom line substantially and instantly.

Every move they make must be unwound.
Not unless they are FORCED to cover by anti-counterfeiting tactics like stock dividends, or by cumulative selling to a direct stock holder (not the "beneficial shareholders" who are the retail customers of large brokerages).

To learn more about how 'wedgies' successfully avoid EVER covering their short positions, search for the term "perpetual" on this webpage: (it's used several ways)

IcebergArtFinal-1.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:
IRA report on moving stock to Roth when price is low so tax impact is minimized.

Background: I had no cash reserves to take advantage of the recent low TSLA pricing.
Had the understanding that share transferred from regular IRA to Roth IRA would transfer at the close of trading price, thus keeping future gains untaxed.

Story:
I was told that this would happen.

Data:
When I look now, I see that FIFO happened and the transfer occurred at the much higher price where I purchased the shares. I did not obtain the desired outcome.

Lesson:
Next time I will sell the TSLA stock at a loss to generate the cash to buy the lower priced shares for the Roth IRA.
If you make everything a cash transaction when crossing a Roth boundary, you know exactly what you are getting and there will be no surprises!

Toyota deal may see Toyota stock price rise, but I’ll take the bet it’s a big nothing burger for TSLA.

ER is a catalyst one way or another. Nothing else at this time unless there’s a Tesla surprise that a 5 year old could see affects the bottom line substantially and instantly.
Probably not a catalyst but the next 'buzz' will probably be generated by the release of more information on the S/X and the start of deliveries. It would be best for this to be before the ER so that the ER is not full of S/X related questions. Similar logic would also apply to FSD Beta 9 going out to the expanded (10k) test users.